• Status
    Not open for further replies.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    They didn't. Tyrese told Carol he was dead...and that he "could". She responded, "I knew you would".

When they were all standing around outside the shack and Rick was holding Judith, I figured that was about the right time for the bad-guy-Tyrese-beat-down-turned-walker would emerge from the shack and be put down. I was disappointed when that didn't happen.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Ok. I have a bad memory and I haven't rewatched the last season.
    What is this about the handcuff?

Why does the nerd need to go? Do you think the group won't need someone smart in the long run?
    What about a doctor that's no good in a fight, get rid of him?

I don't like him, not a good actor for one.....I don't think he is smart......dang man, he shot the heck out of a good truck.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I think the situation with Tyrese was just showing him realize sometimes you have to do what needs done. I am pretty certain he beat that guy to death.
    The "scientist" is full of it and will hopefully be found out soon.
    Carol is one bad woman. She has come a long way since the timid woman she was in the first season.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I thought it was strange seeing that hand cuff hanging there but didn't make the connection until a Facebook buddy pointed it out.

I think the situation with Tyrese was just showing him realize sometimes you have to do what needs done. I am pretty certain he beat that guy to death.
    The "scientist" is full of it and will hopefully be found out soon.
    Carol is one bad woman. She has come a long way since the timid woman she was in the first season.

So, what would have happened if they got rid of Carol, like you guys are talking about the nerd?
    They'd be Tascha Yar's quarter pounder.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Either I can be really insightful or an extreme goober, I can't tell which in this case.

I was listening to this story on NPR Capturing The 'Humans Of New York,' And The World | NCPR News . This guy goes out and photographs people in New York and asks them questions about their lives. I was having lunch in the van and listening on and off when he hit the 10 minute mark.

It is here that he comments on doing his interviews around the world for views outside the United States. He traveled to extremely poor and war ravaged areas interviewing people who had just been recently displaced or in horrible living conditions.

His recognition (beginning at the 10 minute mark) of how dependent we are on our current infrastructure is extremely insightful. He explains how people are allowed the luxury of minor problems due to our law enforcement, military, and utilities being taken care of.

My insight or gooberness comes from linking this story to The Walking Dead. In such a world (talking zombie apocalypse here) where there is ZERO infrastructure or dependability there would naturally become an internal focus on group dynamics, personal interaction, and worries about acquiring the basic necessities of life. For those who have commented on this being more of an interpersonal drama I think you are spot on, but not perhaps for the sarcasm of some comments but rather that this MUST be to be realistic. The zombies simply become a hostile environment that becomes a constant background noise, while the true issues aren't hardware and things (although we must have those), but how the group dynamic changes and flows.

For the show to be successful there needs to be enough action to avoid going down the path of an afternoon soap opera, but the need for the soap opera moments is undeniable due to the situation. For people who have nothing the soap opera of day to day living is ALL they have. Maybe that is the paradox of a good post holocaust show...?

Regards,

Doug

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, after avoiding The Walking Dead for a long time and starting to watch it on Netflix, I am hooked. Now I am DVDing the episodes.

A part of a successful show is occasionally killing off one of the popular members. This show does that in spades.

I have to admit to some bad behavior. Watching it while driving. Five hour drives and five episodes. My bad.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    So, what would have happened if they got rid of Carol, like you guys are talking about the nerd?
    They'd be Tascha Yar's quarter pounder.
    I am not saying get rid of the nerd. I just think he is lying to everybody to avoid having to pull his own weight. I would like to see him found out.
    Also if you remember they did get rid of Carol. Rick left her out in a neighborhood when he found out she killed and burned two of the sick people in the prison.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom