• Status
    Not open for further replies.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    They seriously need a weapons expert on their staff. I put up with a lot of holes in their story, but they are getting way out of hand. For a story that relies so heavily on weapons, it is getting annoying. They could do lots of cool things, like show the bullet in slow motion passing through glass, and angling in trajectory and such, but its like the weapons are an annoyance to their special effects guys. Heck, they basically put off this battle with the Gubner for two seasons!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Carol has replaced her little walker daughter with the little girl who was naming and feeding the walkers at the fence. She suddenly realized that they weren't people after all and burned the bodies. Carol feels responsible and took the rap so the little girl will be safe from retribution.

I think.

Totally agree.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    They seriously need a weapons expert on their staff. I put up with a lot of holes in their story, but they are getting way out of hand. For a story that relies so heavily on weapons, it is getting annoying. They could do lots of cool things, like show the bullet in slow motion passing through glass, and angling in trajectory and such, but its like the weapons are an annoyance to their special effects guys. Heck, they basically put off this battle with the Gubner for two seasons!

I agree there, they really need a firearms consultant. I remember the very first episode at the roadblock during the car chase when one of the Deputies is reminded to take off the safety. He was holding a Glock and makes the thumb motion on an invisible safety right in plain sight...

I really need to contact them and see if they will hire me as a consultant and maybe I could be a zombie to get killed too just for fun. But this is probably filmed in California and I could not step foot in that crazy stupid state with a clean conscience.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I agree there, they really need a firearms consultant. I remember the very first episode at the roadblock during the car chase when one of the Deputies is reminded to take off the safety. He was holding a Glock and makes the thumb motion on an invisible safety right in plain sight...

I really need to contact them and see if they will hire me as a consultant and maybe I could be a zombie to get killed too just for fun. But this is probably filmed in California and I could not step foot in that crazy stupid state with a clean conscience.

at the end of last season, andrea kills herself with rick's 357 python, and after the gunshot, you hear the empty ting on the ground, they did that in season 2 when they were teaching carl how to shoot (his smith and wesson j frame .38 ejected an empty!!!)

btw its not shot in commiefornia, its shot in georgia

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

I believe it is actually filmed in Georgia.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    at the end of last season, andrea kills herself with rick's 357 python, and after the gunshot, you hear the empty ting on the ground, they did that in season 2 when they were teaching carl how to shoot (his smith and wesson j frame .38 ejected an empty!!!)

btw its not shot in commiefornia, its shot in georgia

Huh. I assumed that noise was Rick's Python hitting the floor after the shot.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Okay... SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN'T WATCH 12/1 EPISODE***************************

So my theory officially found it's way around to making sense after last nights episode.

Carol is innocent.

Carol did not kill the two sick characters. I am almost positive that Lizzie did it. (Lizzie is the one that killed the two Gov'nor Militia people and saved Tyreese, which is ironic in line with my theory)
    Carol only helped clean it up. Carol was almost too relaxed when Rick found out and Rick sent her on her way. Something was just not right with Carol accepting Ricks reaction.
    I believe she was protecting Lizzie (think: Lizzie was one of the children that took interest in wanting to defend and protect herself and others during Carols "classes").
    Lizzie is the same psycho that named the Zombie, fed them rats, mutilated the rat in last nights episode, got weapons for the kids AND shot 2 more people in the face last night.

Carol did everything she could to protect those girls....... So she took the blame and left.

Thoughts.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    I could care less about carol right now and what happens to her. I miss Hershel already and am grieving that loss lol.. But i do like you theory. I wouldn't be surprised if they run into carol again in the future now.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I hearby put forth the following motion, that the title of the series be changed to Daryl Dixon and The Walking Dead. All those in favour?

And no, Herschel will not zombify. After The Governor's initial strike, everyone opened fire and Herschel fell away from The Governor. During the firefight, while Michonne was doing her thing with the bent license plate, Herschel was inch worming between the vehicles. Then, The Governor finds Herschel and finishes the job of decapitating him. It was just before Lilly comes shambling up with Meghan's dead body in her arms.

Hersh's head is zombified, most certainly. That part played homage to the comic, in which a member was decapitated by the gov'ner, and Michonne comes back, to end that person's suffering (the head). Oh hell, we're past that part, so this isn't a spolier. Tyrese was the person decapitated, and Judith dies at the prison battle too. So I imagine she'll stay dead.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Okay... SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO DIDN'T WATCH 12/1 EPISODE***************************

So my theory officially found it's way around to making sense after last nights episode.

Carol is innocent.

Carol did not kill the two sick characters. I am almost positive that Lizzie did it. (Lizzie is the one that killed the two Gov'nor Militia people and saved Tyreese, which is ironic in line with my theory)
    Carol only helped clean it up. Carol was almost too relaxed when Rick found out and Rick sent her on her way. Something was just not right with Carol accepting Ricks reaction.
    I believe she was protecting Lizzie (think: Lizzie was one of the children that took interest in wanting to defend and protect herself and others during Carols "classes").
    Lizzie is the same psycho that named the Zombie, fed them rats, mutilated the rat in last nights episode, got weapons for the kids AND shot 2 more people in the face last night.

Carol did everything she could to protect those girls....... So she took the blame and left.

Thoughts.

Seems unlikely. If Carol has taken it upon herself to look after the girls, how is she protecting them by being sent away and taking the rap for something she didn't do. Rick may be a hard butt, as is Tyrese, but I'd be hard pressed to see them punishing a couple of pre-teen girls with banishment, let alone physical harm. Carol simply could have come clean about the kids being the killers, and they would have dealt, and she would have been able to maintain being an active guardian. And if you want to talk about human nature (which the show actually does a good job with), I wouldn't trust a child to keep that sort of secret. I'd think they'd tell a friend, or come clean themselves once they found out Carol (their default mother figure) was sent away because of them.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah they said fifty yards was too far. I told the wife, heck they play Karl up as a shooter, he should have been able to shoot the Governor with open sites at that distance easily.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keep in mind, we're talking about 50 yards with well-maintained firearms in good fettle, vs. 50 yards with firearms that, over the course of the last 2-3 years of zombie apocalypse surviving, may have been battered and abused in the quest for food and defense from zombies and marauders alike. It's not a given that any given TWD plot rifle is still accurate enough at 50 yards to take The Governor's other eye before he could swing Michonne's katana.

As for TWD-CB's stories of kiddy killers among us, I only remember the story back in the camp outside Atlanta of a pair of twin boys, one of whom killed the other (without legitimate provocation), just because he didn't want that brother to turn into a zombie. While the group had that little boy locked up in a van while they debated and discussed what they would do about it, Carl snuck into the van and killed the killer himself, saving everyone else from having to make that decision. Since Carl killed in a way that everyone could agree had the patina of righteousness, it was easy for them to wash their hands of the situation and let it go. I think the writers of TWD-TV were echoing that plot point when, at the end of last season, they had Carl gun down that teenage boy who may or may not have been handing over his shotgun, and again with Lizzie the Gunslinger Girl™.

P.S.:
    TWD-CB = The Walking Dead (Comic Book)
    TWD-TV = The Walking Dead (TV series)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Huh. I assumed that noise was Rick's Python hitting the floor after the shot.

no if it was ricks python hitting on the ground you would have heard crying.....MINE! yes i would have let out a scream so loud all on indiana would have said omg what the hell was that!

no if you watch the episode again you hear 2 or 3 bounces from the brass hitting the ground, they did the same thing when carl was learning to shoot, but you hear the brass ding off of the dirt and grass!!! lol they really need to hire a firearms expert!

and im no expert on tanks, but when darell droped the grenade into the breach of the tank, the only way it would have got into the drivers area would have been if the breach block was open? and what are the chances of the breach being open (and no shell being in the bbl) at the same time the grenade was dropped?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That whole group coulda moved in, if it wasn't for the governor. What a shame.

Maybe they should have at least one person on watch. I mean, how do you sneak up with a tank?

Unless they find more people, the human race has to worry about genetic diversity. With only so many genes in the gene pool.......

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The inability to make a 50 yard rifle shot on a whole person is made even worse by the history of all of them making head shots on zombies with pistols at will from a variety of distances.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The inability to make a 50 yard rifle shot on a whole person is made even worse by the history of all of them making head shots on zombies with pistols at will from a variety of distances.

I rofl'd at that comment too. It had to be farther than just 50 yards from where Carl & Daryl were to the outer fence. Maybe ~125 or so. Still an easy head shot on the Gov even using a suppressed .22LR.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom