• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Not sure how I feel about last nights episode...it was a good one, just not what i expected/wanted to see.

Keeping the Gov. alive? Makes sense for the show, you always need a good villian. But if i was in that situation and just witnessed my "leader" slaughter 30+ innocent people I wouldve dropped him in a heartbeat in fear of what he would do next (that guy from Tyrese's group had him, just shouldve pulled the trigger before taking one to the head). I dont think it will take long for Martinez and the other guy to wise up and run, or be killed trying.

I have mixed feelings about Carl killing the kid. I feel like they told him to drop the weapon and he not only didnt, he was being shady and pointing a shotgun in their direction saying "Here, take it". So in that sense he got what was coming to him and Carl made the right move. I also feel Carl reacted to quickly and shouldve told him "Thrown the gun on the ground or i shoot".

Also, I dont think Tyrese wouldve reacted the way he did when Rick and Co. showed up at Woodbury. A crazy guy that pulled a gun on you and forced you to leave without ever speaking to you (not to mention while yelling at the ghost of his dead wife) shows up after your new group just went to war against him, with one "hostage" saying everyone else is dead and your leader went crazy? I doubt your first reaction is to leave the safety of your perch and open the gate with your weapon hanging at your side. I understand Tyrese had his own suspicions about the Gov. but he didnt have any reason to trust Rick either.

BTW, did anybody watch The Talking Dead and hear that crazy caller giving his prophecy of "The hour is near, the dead will rise..."?

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    I have not been more pleased by a cast member leaving since that crybaby Dale got his!

Now it's a matter of who will step up to be the big whiner next season.

No kidding...I was so happy Andrea got hers. I hated Milton, good intentions but still a idiot.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    It was interesting that they had Carl shoot the kid. It was another parallel to to the comic when he shot Ben. I thought it was a pretty good episode overall. Mixed feelings about Andrea. Wish she had a chance to be more bad ass like in the Comics.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    OMG! I'd forgotten about that. It makes perfect sense the way they had Carl pull the trigger. They were parallelling that element from the comic.

Exactly. I love the little tie-ins. They are subtle enough that those who only watch the TV show don't need to get it, but those who read the books get a little treat of appreciation.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Woodbury may be secure from walkers, but as we've seen in previous episodes its defenses have more holes than swiss cheese when it comes to people slipping in and out. It's also too large an area for the 8 or so fighters they have to effectively secure (they can barely hold the prison). The prison has cell blocks that can be locked from the inside, and further locking doors as they move in to act as bulkheads.

Plus, the Gov and his 2 cohorts know Woodbury better than any of the prison crowd. Moving to Woodbury is just asking to get knifed in your sleep.

I have to agree with this. The prison may not be as comfortable, but it is way more secure than Woodbury.

Yep, I'm with Elmo and Ed. Specifically about the Gov knowing Woodbury.

Like Sun Tzu says, fight the enemy at a time and place of your choosing... I'd rather be more secure in austere conditions, than cozy in a whole new environment! Plus taking people and supplies from Woodbury increases your logistical operation in a facility like the prison.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Woodbury security force got wiped out by the Gov.

I figured that why the group went back to the prison.
    Plus, they can send out a scouting deal to see if the Gov or others get into Woodbury.
    If nobody does and they left the gate shut, they can go in off and on to get any resources they need.

I suspect the Gov tired of taking care of others, he's just gonna chill for a while and when he gets bored with that, start another cult.

Or attack Rick's group.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Woodbury security force got wiped out by the Gov.

I figured that why the group went back to the prison.
    Plus, they can send out a scouting deal to see if the Gov or others get into Woodbury.
    If nobody does and they left the gate shut, they can go in off and on to get any resources they need.

I suspect the Gov tired of taking care of others, he's just gonna chill for a while and when he gets bored with that, start another cult.

Or attack Rick's group.

Umm they might have left the gate shut but they drove part of the wall to the prison.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I have not been more pleased by a cast member leaving since that crybaby Dale got his!

Now it's a matter of who will step up to be the big whiner next season.

Dale was a PITA. And they eulogized him as the soul of the group when he took his dirt nap. :noway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom