• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I am just not feeling the Negan storyline.

Like the guy that ran away said, he's just one guy. With a baseball bat.

Sasha needs to snipe him from 100 yards.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Well he is not just one guy. "Who are you?" Let's say the zombie apocalypse comes and somehow I survive with my son or daughter. We wander upon a what appears to be a functioning camp. Fences, food. We are desperate. Before you know it my choice is work for points or have my kids head bashed in by Lucille. Maybe I could work my way into a position of some comfort and by that time I would be hesitant to risk that position.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Well he is not just one guy. "Who are you?" Let's say the zombie apocalypse comes and somehow I survive with my son or daughter. We wander upon a what appears to be a functioning camp. Fences, food. We are desperate. Before you know it my choice is work for points or have my kids head bashed in by Lucille. Maybe I could work my way into a position of some comfort and by that time I would be hesitant to risk that position.

They've shown what, 12 guys, tops? I dunno, man. Especially once they're behind the walls in Alexandria.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    They've shown what, 12 guys, tops? I dunno, man. Especially once they're behind the walls in Alexandria.

That is a different situation. I was referring to why people might follow or be intimidated by Negan. A well armed and organized group could very well take him on. But how many people are really wired like that? Alexandria and the Hilltop did not have much in the way of fighters until Rick and company showed up.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Kim Jong Un is a Chubby guy with a limp. It's not about who's in charge, it's about who's backing them up.
    One thing I thought was very telling about Negan, from the last episode. He told the guy that he could "have any girl that he wanted....as long as she said yes." That leads me to believe that he's not as brutal to his people as we're inclined to believe.... as long as they obey him. Hell, they were playing drinking games. Negan, explained it perfectly, about how his guys live like "kings." The opening episode showed the benefits his men have (which goes further than an egg sandwich. His group has power over several other groups, and his people benefit greatly. If you're one of his guys, what's the benefit of taking him out? The world for how it is now, in TWD, and what people who have survived have seen up until that point, Negan's people must think theyre pretty lucky..... not because of them, but because of Negan. That would IMO inspire fierce loyalty.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Kim Jong Un is a Chubby guy with a limp. It's not about who's in charge, it's about who's backing them up.
    One thing I thought was very telling about Negan, from the last episode. He told the guy that he could "have any girl that he wanted....as long as she said yes." That leads me to believe that he's not as brutal to his people as we're inclined to believe.... as long as they obey him. Hell, they were playing drinking games. Negan, explained it perfectly, about how his guys live like "kings." The opening episode showed the benefits his men have (which goes further than an egg sandwich. His group has power over several other groups, and his people benefit greatly. If you're one of his guys, what's the benefit of taking him out? The world for how it is now, in TWD, and what people who have survived have seen up until that point, Negan's people must think theyre pretty lucky..... not because of them, but because of Negan. That would IMO inspire fierce loyalty.

That lines up in the comics. He killed a dude who was about to rape their prisoner . . . some lady that I don't think is on the show just yet.

I know that sort of regime works. Maybe I just like to think that I wouldn't be susceptible to it. I know I cheered when Daryl told Negan his name was Daryl.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Carl should have just shot Negan. He had the opportunity.

I would have in that spot. Not even hesitated.

Negan is the only thing holding that whole group together.

Top Bottom