• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Tainted meat. Kind of like the cannibals eating Bob after he was bitten.

I think...

Well...that's where I'm not sure...getting bit or scratched definitely makes you "infected", but does ingesting rot make you "infected"? Can animals be "infected"? I haven't seen any examples of infected animals as flat out infected or carriers...is this a new concept? Is this a new threat?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    They are all indeed infected but I am not sure if everyone besides our group knows this yet! From what I have seen/read people die from walker bites because of the bacteria in the dead flesh. They get sick and die so I am not sure if ingesting part sof that does anything or not. Seems yucky at the least.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    They are all indeed infected but I am not sure if everyone besides our group knows this yet! From what I have seen/read people die from walker bites because of the bacteria in the dead flesh. They get sick and die so I am not sure if ingesting part sof that does anything or not. Seems yucky at the least.

Maybe it accelerates the infection so that hits the living before they die?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Whoa! Whoa! Those hypotheses just aren't realistic.

LOL. You have fun at my expense sir.

I remember the CDC lesson well, they are all infected - when one dies they turn. I'm just wondering if an animal eats rot, does that make him "tainted" such that you turn before you die. If that's true, then all predators are now off the menu. There's rot everywhere. Scavengers are going to scavenge. Any omnivore (like pigs) or predator (like the dogs from earlier when they were really hungry and then killed the dogs that set upon the camp) must be off the menu - the risk is too high.

Any comic readers out there want to throw some light on this? I'm ok with that as a spoiler.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    LOL. You have fun at my expense sir.

I remember the CDC lesson well, they are all infected - when one dies they turn. I'm just wondering if an animal eats rot, does that make him "tainted" such that you turn before you die. If that's true, then all predators are now off the menu. There's rot everywhere. Scavengers are going to scavenge. Any omnivore (like pigs) or predator (like the dogs from earlier when they were really hungry and then killed the dogs that set upon the camp) must be off the menu - the risk is too high.

Any comic readers out there want to throw some light on this? I'm ok with that as a spoiler.

I would say that it's unlikely that ingesting zombie bits will have much effect. Think about the number of times the main characters have been splattered with all manner of zombie matter. It's inevitable that some has been ingested and some inhaled, yet there were no apparent ill-effects.

You're welcome!

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I wondered if they fattened the hogs with Zombie meat just to reduce the amount of grain they normally would have been using. It is quicker, and provides you with a surplus of grain.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I would say that it's unlikely that ingesting zombie bits will have much effect. Think about the number of times the main characters have been splattered with all manner of zombie matter. It's inevitable that some has been ingested and some inhaled, yet there were no apparent ill-effects.

You're welcome!

Are you suggesting that some splatter would be as concentrated as a daily dose of bacon?? No way!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    See, this has been an issue for me since season 1, splatter, smearing zombie guts on themselves, wiping knives on their own clothing......I realize a human bite is a very dangerous wound to receive, but how did these people know that getting walker fluid on themselves (in a small scrape or cut) wasn't the same dang thing as being bit?

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I thought in season three they quit using fake blood and guts due to budget cuts. I thought they just started getting people from the super secret FEMA camps.

Apply purple as desired.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's just the equivalent of spitting in their food. Possibly trying to make the pigs spoil before they can eat them too..... effectively giving them nothing.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    zc_zpsj6iidzxr.jpg

Top Bottom