• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I asked before but don't recall seeing an answer. How many followers does Negan have? Hundreds? A thousand? More...?

Doug

PS - Yes. Abraham is an idiot, especially if she is not the last woman on earth and you STILL get her. Stupid is as stupid does.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I asked before but don't recall seeing an answer. How many followers does Negan have? Hundreds? A thousand? More...?

Doug

PS - Yes. Abraham is an idiot, especially if she is not the last woman on earth and you STILL get her. Stupid is as stupid does.

It's not like he gave her up for Denise. ;)

image10.jpg

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Doug

If I am remembering correctly he has between 100 and 200, before any of them are taken out by Rick and crew.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    And they have to have killed about 30 or so now.

Negan is a pretty smart foe in the comics, he sets up traps and reacts quickly. I can't wait to see how this turns out on the show, although it's already different than the comics. Alexandria was giving Negan a portion of their goods along with the Hilltop before Rick and crew arrived. That doesn't seem to be the case on the show so it's all new.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Negan is a pretty smart foe in the comics, he sets up traps and reacts quickly. I can't wait to see how this turns out on the show, although it's already different than the comics. Alexandria was giving Negan a portion of their goods along with the Hilltop before Rick and crew arrived. That doesn't seem to be the case on the show so it's all new.

With only two episodes left, we probably won't learn very much about Negan until next season.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So far, Negan is 0 for 4

Lost to a rocket launcher, when they had the upper hand
    Lost an "outpost"
    Lost at the kill floor, had the upper hand
    Lost at the railroad track. Defined by losing more people, and giving up ground, even though starting off with the upper hand.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County

I don't think Alexandria was involved with Negan until Jesus came around the showed them Hilltop like in the show. When they started trading with Hilltop is when they ran into Negan and his group.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If I am remembering correctly he has between 100 and 200, before any of them are taken out by Rick and crew.

Thank you. This is what I was wondering.

And they have to have killed about 30 or so now.

This is what I was wanting to know. Say that Negan is at the top end of 200. Then let us guess that about 50% of his group is heavily combat oriented. This is a HUGE percentage. Most people wouldn't be like that, and armies don't have near that many as actual combat troops, but to be conservative we'll give this percentage to Negan.

Now we know that he started with 100 combat ready "troops." Presuming that your number is near correct, and I believe it to be close, Ricks group has taken out 30% of his combat capacity. This will put a huge strain on Negans ability to project power, organize watches, gather resources, etc. All of this with only the loss of Denise, whom I liked but a ratio 1 / 30 is a tactical slaughter by any stretch.

So far, Negan is 0 for 4

Lost to a rocket launcher, when they had the upper hand
    Lost an "outpost"
    Lost at the kill floor, had the upper hand
    Lost at the railroad track. Defined by losing more people, and giving up ground, even though starting off with the upper hand.

This goes to my final thought, IF they are being realistic. Napoleon said, "The moral is to the physical as the three is to the one." This means that a unit with high morale is worth three times their actual strength compared to a unit with low morale. Of course, this was in the day and age before machine guns, but it still holds true in many aspects.

Ricks "unit" is flying high! They have an enemy they are P****D at! They have multiple victories under their belt. They have an exceedingly high confidence level. Perhaps it is overrated but it nonetheless exists.

Negans "unit" on the other hand should be pretty damn low. They lost an entire recon unit without a single survivor. They lost a well defended outpost that didn't have a single survivor. Then the group that encountered Daryl AND had them at the mercy of gunpoint had the tables turned and ran away, suffering significant casualties while inflicting almost nothing except a single bushwhack shot. If this were done without regard to storytelling you know darn well that people in Negans group would start questioning his ability, even if they didn't do so directly to his face. Others may look to take the initial Dwight route to escape and fade into the background before things get worse, as they may well believe that Negan has bit off more than he can chew from somewhere.

So now Rick needs to face about 70 hardened combatants. While he is still significantly outnumbered it is doubtful that he will face them in a single battle. Skirmishes before the big fight could cut this number in half. Rick could also simply threaten the remaining 100 noncombatants and force the 70 to choose between supporting Negan or slinking away with their families.

This could go in multiple directions and it will be interesting to see where it leads.

Regards,

Doug

PS - Rosita's still hotter!:p

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Thank you. This is what I was wondering.

This is what I was wanting to know. Say that Negan is at the top end of 200. Then let us guess that about 50% of his group is heavily combat oriented. This is a HUGE percentage. Most people wouldn't be like that, and armies don't have near that many as actual combat troops, but to be conservative we'll give this percentage to Negan.

Now we know that he started with 100 combat ready "troops." Presuming that your number is near correct, and I believe it to be close, Ricks group has taken out 30% of his combat capacity. This will put a huge strain on Negans ability to project power, organize watches, gather resources, etc. All of this with only the loss of Denise, whom I liked but a ratio 1 / 30 is a tactical slaughter by any stretch.

This goes to my final thought, IF they are being realistic. Napoleon said, "The moral is to the physical as the three is to the one." This means that a unit with high morale is worth three times their actual strength compared to a unit with low morale. Of course, this was in the day and age before machine guns, but it still holds true in many aspects.

Ricks "unit" is flying high! They have an enemy they are P****D at! They have multiple victories under their belt. They have an exceedingly high confidence level. Perhaps it is overrated but it nonetheless exists.

Negans "unit" on the other hand should be pretty damn low. They lost an entire recon unit without a single survivor. They lost a well defended outpost that didn't have a single survivor. Then the group that encountered Daryl AND had them at the mercy of gunpoint had the tables turned and ran away, suffering significant casualties while inflicting almost nothing except a single bushwhack shot. If this were done without regard to storytelling you know darn well that people in Negans group would start questioning his ability, even if they didn't do so directly to his face. Others may look to take the initial Dwight route to escape and fade into the background before things get worse, as they may well believe that Negan has bit off more than he can chew from somewhere.

So now Rick needs to face about 70 hardened combatants. While he is still significantly outnumbered it is doubtful that he will face them in a single battle. Skirmishes before the big fight could cut this number in half. Rick could also simply threaten the remaining 100 noncombatants and force the 70 to choose between supporting Negan or slinking away with their families.

This could go in multiple directions and it will be interesting to see where it leads.

Regards,

Doug

PS - Rosita's still hotter!:p

Nice analysis.
    Add in the fog of war.
    Rick doesn't know where Negan is, who he is, or where he is (group)

As far as I know, Negan doesn't have any knowledge of Rick, except maybe through that guy with the burns. And what did he know?

So we have 2 combatants that need to recon and evaluate before they can even strike.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I don't think Alexandria was involved with Negan until Jesus came around the showed them Hilltop like in the show. When they started trading with Hilltop is when they ran into Negan and his group.

Could be but I thought they were already on tap, along with the hilltop and the kingdom. Doesn't matter for the show anyways!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    [video=youtube;bCwSuavIkaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCwSuavIkaM[/video]

Edit:

Apparently AMC is butthurt over this video being posted in the US. It was one of their own preview videos but aired overseas instead of here. It was fairly short, about 30 seconds, contained no spoilers, had a nice closeup of Lucile and a line from JDM as Negan at the end. A couple of shots of his jacket and views from his back. From what they showed Lucile and Negan are dead on representations from the comic.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom