• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    When I see discussions like the one in this thread I often think: we could be having profound discussions about existential philosophy, studying how past empires rose and the reasons for their demise, how amazing the universe is and the technology of how we as a species may be able to go there one day ... But instead we're getting into debates about if tampons should be in boys bathrooms.

You should have seen the deuce I dumped today. It would have been perfect for an upper decker.

jsmith6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2014
    Bloomington
    About the VP running mate by Kamala Harris

Pg.1

Pg. 2

Pg.3

Pg.4

Sources

There are no Army regulations preventing anyone from speaking out against anyone running for public office. There are no regulations preventing any Soldier from speaking out against a sitting politician at any level. Soldiers may not, while in uniform or claim to speak on behalf of the command or the Army, speak out against POTUS.

I spent four years, 2018-22, as an investigator for the US Army Pacific's Inspector General's Office. I investigated numerous Soldiers and DA Civilians for making comments in favor of or against a sitting and his opponent in the 2020 Presidential Election. Each time, unless the person was in uniform or made their statement(s) claiming to represent the Army, the case was unfounded and the person had the complaint dismissed.

As for Walz's retirement. 1-125FA did not get their PTDO (Prepare To Deploy Orders) until after he dropped his retirement packet. If anyone here has retired from the Army, until last year you could drop your retirement papers up to 12 months prior to the proposed retirement date. There is also a recommended "No later than date" for dropping retirement paperwork.

You cannot turn in your two weeks notice In the Army. Paperwork takes months to get signatures and process from BN to BDE to DIV and so forth to and through HRC. A good example is my retirement packet. I turned my packet in September 2023. As of today, HRC has still yet to approve my packet and this is with digital systems. In 2005, most of this was done through the mail, so you can imagine how much more time it took.

We can all take umbrage with his political leanings and record. Have at it, he has left enough bread crumbs for you to follow. Ding him for his stance on just about anything beyond his service, it is not difficult. Focus on those things, not the fact that he did 24 years of service, retired, voluntarily came back after 9/11 and served some more and retired again.

Of note, when I worked ACRC out of Atterbury, one of the units we trained was his FA BN. The folks I worked with there had good things to say about him and were proud the guy running for governor was once part of their unit. Anecdotal evidence is the lowest form of evidence as it relies heavily on feelings and opinions and often not facts.

Stick to the facts about his politics. Facts, not opinions. He has given you more than enough to debate him there.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    There are no Army regulations preventing anyone from speaking out against anyone running for public office. There are no regulations preventing any Soldier from speaking out against a sitting politician at any level. Soldiers may not, while in uniform or claim to speak on behalf of the command or the Army, speak out against POTUS.

I spent four years, 2018-22, as an investigator for the US Army Pacific's Inspector General's Office. I investigated numerous Soldiers and DA Civilians for making comments in favor of or against a sitting and his opponent in the 2020 Presidential Election. Each time, unless the person was in uniform or made their statement(s) claiming to represent the Army, the case was unfounded and the person had the complaint dismissed.

As for Walz's retirement. 1-125FA did not get their PTDO (Prepare To Deploy Orders) until after he dropped his retirement packet. If anyone here has retired from the Army, until last year you could drop your retirement papers up to 12 months prior to the proposed retirement date. There is also a recommended "No later than date" for dropping retirement paperwork.

You cannot turn in your two weeks notice In the Army. Paperwork takes months to get signatures and process from BN to BDE to DIV and so forth to and through HRC. A good example is my retirement packet. I turned my packet in September 2023. As of today, HRC has still yet to approve my packet and this is with digital systems. In 2005, most of this was done through the mail, so you can imagine how much more time it took.

We can all take umbrage with his political leanings and record. Have at it, he has left enough bread crumbs for you to follow. Ding him for his stance on just about anything beyond his service, it is not difficult. Focus on those things, not the fact that he did 24 years of service, retired, voluntarily came back after 9/11 and served some more and retired again.

Of note, when I worked ACRC out of Atterbury, one of the units we trained was his FA BN. The folks I worked with there had good things to say about him and were proud the guy running for governor was once part of their unit. Anecdotal evidence is the lowest form of evidence as it relies heavily on feelings and opinions and often not facts.

Stick to the facts about his politics. Facts, not opinions. He has given you more than enough to debate him there.
    I've already seen at least a dozen people who were in the guard with him speaking out.
    Not one of them had ANYTHING good to say about him.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Just to review: your 1st post in over 9 years is a lecture?

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Our politicians certainly
    let's look at that nickname, Tampon Tim. Is putting tampons in bathrooms a bad thing? Half the population uses them. And let's just pretend they're in the boys bathrooms, so what? Has a tampon ever bitten you, are you afraid of them? If you went into the men's room and there was a tampon in there would it do you harm? So he helped out half the students at a high school. Yep, that's terrible.....
    as long as you pay for em, that and everything else these nutters come up with
    Just to review: your 1st post in over 9 years is a lecture?
    I for one like the post, and appreciate his pov, not every post needs to be an echo chamber geeesh.
    Timpon is a turd, there were/are lots of turds that were in the military. It may be a real shocker but even lying scum can be in combat, it doesn’t make you a better person because you got shot at or shot at someone.

Top Bottom