• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That issue has been rectified and the guns were fixed at no charge to the buyers. I have shoot the **** out of my stainless Point Man 9 with no issues whatsoever.

I had a Springer loaded in stainless that galled up on the 2nd mag through it.
    Found and fixed the issue with out returning but it does happen.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have read that Dan Wesson stainless has a galling problem...

I had a Springer loaded in stainless that galled up on the 2nd mag through it.
    Found and fixed the issue with out returning but it does happen.

That used to be a common problem with early stainless guns (Randall? AMT?). I'm surprised it's happening with current makes, though.

CM ... what did you do to fix it?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I guess DW was recommending that you lube the gun real well, then work the slide back and forth 500 times...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That used to be a common problem with early stainless guns (Randall? AMT?). I'm surprised it's happening with current makes, though.

CM ... what did you do to fix it?

This was at the peak of the empty LGS shelve right after Sandy Hook. I was standing in PSS when they unwrapped this one. QC must have been stretched to the limit's by the demand and they let it out the door with some machine burrs and tags still in the rails/slide. Picked it all out and stoned the machined surfaces until everything was happy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This was at the peak of the empty LGS shelve right after Sandy Hook. I was standing in PSS when they unwrapped this one. QC must have been stretched to the limit's by the demand and they let it out the door with some machine burrs and tags still in the rails/slide. Picked it all out and stoned the machined surfaces until everything was happy.

Ah, okay. So it wasn't a case of properly finished surfaces galling. Thanks!

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indiana
    brownings-1920.jpg

I fell in love with these Nighthawk's, but once again, too rich for my blood.

I was unaware of these until recently, but I guess my hi power is of like a Nighhawk on a budget. AllenM is the one who did all of it.

D5Urbzq.jpg

Attachments

• D5Urbzq.jpg
      D5Urbzq.jpg
      751.5 KB · Views: 1

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I kinda like them. With that big external extractor and squared, teutonic slide profile, what's not to like. :dunno:

I can understand CM's aversion to them based on his addiction to the original recipe, but when you compare the specs for the price, they don't do too badly for the asking price. I paid $900 for my full size railed nickel 1911 and for that, I got night sights, G10 grips, front strap checkering, an extended slide release and thumb safety and nice mag well. It compares well to my Kimbers and Colts dollar for dollar. Not to mention, it's a sweet shooter too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I kinda like them. With that big external extractor and squared, teutonic slide profile, what's not to like. :dunno:

I can understand CM's aversion to them based on his addiction to the original recipe, but when you compare the specs for the price, they don't do too badly for the asking price. I paid $900 for my full size railed nickel 1911 and for that, I got night sights, G10 grips, front strap checkering, an extended slide release and thumb safety and nice mag well. It compares well to my Kimbers and Colts dollar for dollar. Not to mention, it's a sweet shooter too.

Oh I am sure they are great shooters but to my understanding the are 1911's in name only.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh I am sure they are great shooters but to my understanding the are 1911's in name only.

Fair enough. One of these days, I'll have to upgrade the internals on mine with some EGW goodness. Other than that, I'm good with it as is, square slide and all. It is a sweet shooter though, even if it tips the scales at 48 oz loaded.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fair enough. One of these days, I'll have to upgrade the internals on mine with some EGW goodness. Other than that, I'm good with it as is, square slide and all. It is a sweet shooter though, even if it tips the scales at 48 oz loaded.

I am not so sure the parts will fit that gun. I have worked on a couple that would not accept standard ignition pieces but not the one pictured.
    A compact that HalfMile harry had.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom