• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I think one has to be intellectually dishonest to say Trump meant that literally. It's clear he meant Obama founded ISIS in a metaphorical sense, that Obama's bungling of his policy over there allowed ISIS to form and flourish.

Yeah, but people nowadays are less likely to recognize rhetorical flourish.

I think Trump himself would disagree. From a transcript of him and Hugh Hewitt:

HH: I’ve got two more questions. Last night, you said the President was the founder of ISIS. I know what you meant. You meant that he created the vacuum, he lost the peace.
    DT: No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS. I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton.
    HH: But he’s not sympathetic to them. He hates them. He’s trying to kill them.
    DT: I don’t care. He was the founder.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If one of those core values were "mind your own ****ing business", I'd be pretty excited about that one. But I'll bet much of the general electorate, conservatives and liberal/progressives, would actually be hostile about it rather than indifferent. It's why "reality" TV is popular.

How about ranked voting for the planks in the party platform, with only the top four or five being adopted? :) 'Free' trade/globalism might have a much tougher go. Ditto nation building

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think Trump himself would disagree. From a transcript of him and Hugh Hewitt:

HH: I’ve got two more questions. Last night, you said the President was the founder of ISIS. I know what you meant. You meant that he created the vacuum, he lost the peace.
    DT: No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS. I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton.
    HH: But he’s not sympathetic to them. He hates them. He’s trying to kill them.
    DT: I don’t care. He was the founder.

What's it called when you create the condition, supply the weapons, and train the fighters?

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    What's it called when you create the condition, supply the weapons, and train the fighters?

i'm sure glad someone gets it........the media and the rest of the country don't!!!!

Well now he or whomever runs his Twitter feed is back to disagreeing with you two and claiming T Lex and jamil's read on it.

I love that he continues to challenge conventional wisdom of how to win elections, run a campaign, what constitutes political leadership, etc. If nothing else he is the most cunningly populist candidate ever.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'll take Republican Spin for $500, Alex.

yCogQBi.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well now he or whomever runs his Twitter feed is back to disagreeing with you two and claiming T Lex and jamil's read on it.

From the AP.
    Pence defends Trump on Islamic State remark - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Pence is apparently Explanationer In Chief now.

But this:
    Obama did not establish the Islamic State group

Upthread, I posted several links where others said fundamentally the same thing about Bush, but I don't recall the story inserting any FactCheck like that.

That's the kind of stuff that I think the media does to HELP Trump. I mean, they THINK it doesn't help him, but it really does.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That's the kind of stuff that I think the media does to HELP Trump. I mean, they THINK it doesn't help him, but it really does.

Yes sir...Last week Clinton was up 10 and 11...Today she's up 1 point....This is the greatest election cycle EVER...(Not saying the candidates are the best but the entertainment factor is borderline Andy Jackson vs. John Quincy Adams....):)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'll take Republican Spin for $500, Alex.

You are half right. Globalist/statists are globalist/statists regardless of party affiliation. Let me be clear that I do not exclude Gary "Open Borders" Johnson, just didn't feel the need to play with percentages with his negligible support.

Yes sir...Last week Clinton was up 10 and 11...Today she's up 1 point....This is the greatest election cycle EVER...(Not saying the candidates are the best but the entertainment factor is borderline Andy Jackson vs. John Quincy Adams....):)

At least someone remembers history!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom