Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They have 8th grade interns writing that ****.

Here's one of those times I'm gonna defend Trump. I think one has to be intellectually dishonest to say Trump meant that literally. It's clear he meant Obama founded ISIS in a metaphorical sense, that Obama's bungling of his policy over there allowed ISIS to form and flourish.

ETA: I would give the "fact-checkers", two pinocchios.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Letting the people decide....when one starts off with Iowan values in a caucus, it really isn't a broad consensus of republican voters. There has to be a better way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Letting the people decide....when one starts off with Iowan values in a caucus, it really isn't a broad consensus of republican voters. There has to be a better way.

Exactly. And it's not just "Iowan values", it's "Iowan values" of the people who actually bother to show up at the caucuses to vote. Primaries and caucuses are usually attended by the most ideological people. If ever eligible person voted in primaries that ends up voting in general elections, we'd likely get much different primary results. Moderates don't vote in primaries as much as partisans do.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Here's one of those times I'm gonna defend Trump. I think one has to be intellectually dishonest to say Trump meant that literally. It's clear he meant Obama founded ISIS in a metaphorical sense, that Obama's bungling of his policy over there allowed ISIS to form and flourish.

Yeah, but people nowadays are less likely to recognize rhetorical flourish.

Oh, and this guy (who might seem familiar) blamed Bush for starting Daesh.
    Former Military Official Says George W. Bush Created ISIS | US News

Oh, and this guy (somewhat more recognizable) blamed Bush for the rise of Daesh.
    President Obama claims rise of Isis is 'unintended consequence' of George W. Bush?s invasion in Iraq

Oh, and these guys kind already argued about it:
    For The Record, Yes, George W. Bush Did Help Create ISIS

The people in this article all claim to point to Bush and/or Obama.
    Who created the Islamic State? George W. Bush or Barack Obama? (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Complicated issue.

Carter started the middle east conflict by trying to fight Russians with Arabs. Reagan greatly expanded it.

After that, I'm not sure much else matters, as the primary factors that caused the destabilization of the middle east which lead to wide spread terrorism started with those 2.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Complicated issue.

Carter started the middle east conflict by trying to fight Russians with Arabs. Reagan greatly expanded it.

After that, I'm not sure much else matters, as the primary factors that caused the destabilization of the middle east which lead to wide spread terrorism started with those 2.

I'll raise your 20th century and suggest that the complications started about the time of Muhammed's death. ;)

(That way we can skip the arbitrary British Empire lines and WWI boundaries.) :D

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    And I don't take political advice from celebrities.

Okay....That's good....

Here's an open letter from actress Rose McGowan to news outlets around the country and to Trump.....

I tend to vote Republican and Trump is the candidate we the people chose in the largest primary field in my lifetime...I guess the point I am trying to make is that if I ever find myself in agreement with folks like Rosie O'Donnell, Rose McGowan, Lady Ga Ga, Jim Carey, George Clooney, Amy Schumer etc...And I find myself sort of parroting their thoughts about an individual, I may take a step back and think to myself, "Maybe I need to take a deep breath and see if I am maybe being manipulated just a wee bit..."

IMHO of course....

AN OPEN LETTER TO CNN FOX CBS ABC NBC VIACOM THE MURDOCHS AND DONALD J. TRUMP
    RE: STATE OF EPIDEMIC/ZIKA2
    Dear Enablers and Donald,
    After the Republican National Convention I wrote an open letter to a rabid Trump supporter. I realize now the letter was for you, Donald and media men. It’s you I’ve been wanting to talk to. You who have been stressing me and most of the nation out to the point of a diagnosable sickness. WE ARE BEING POISONED. We, the public, are being sickened by an ever expanding assault on our right to live a healthy and free life. Donald & you ratings driven colluders, are holding us the public hostage and exposing us to disease. A massive DISease.
    Our symptoms are knots in our shoulders, sick feelings in the pit of our vaginas, stomach tightness, shortness of breath, wildly elevated stress levels- we are now chronically experiencing a true mass illness.
    Caused by you. You all had a hand in this. You must take ownership of this situation.
    You are causing a worldwide sickness. You are POISONING us as sure as Flint is poisoning its citizens. You are poisoning your very own family and us, your brothers and sisters.
    This is real. We are sick. Living with your daily reign of terror cancer, and it is terror cancer, is something we are unwilling to do for another minute. I do not want to live my life this way. I am a proud AMERICAN & GLOBAL CITIZEN who’s head is bowed to her knees in because she is sickened every day. Because of you. It is NOT most of America who should be ashamed, it is YOU for propagating this propaganda.
    We, the public, need for you to look for your humanity. We, the public, need you to think differently and to do better. Think different. Do better. It’s that easy to be a better person and to do the right thing no matter the cost. The time is now.
    Stop poisoning humanity. Go rogue, reverse course, be BRAVE. He is a murderer in the making. Do NOT AID AND ABET A CRIME.
    UNPLUG THE MICROPHONES
    STOP COVERING HIM
    TURN THE LIGHTS OUT
    STOP THE CANCER
    It is time to RISE and say NO MORE
    #ROSEARMY
    #ANARMYOFTHOUGHT

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Okay....That's good....

Here's an open letter from actress Rose McGowan to news outlets around the country and to Trump.....

I tend to vote Republican and Trump is the candidate we the people chose in the largest primary field in my lifetime...I guess the point I am trying to make is that if I ever find myself in agreement with folks like Rosie O'Donnell, Rose McGowan, Lady Ga Ga, Jim Carey, George Clooney, Amy Schumer etc...And I find myself sort of parroting their thoughts about an individual, I may take a step back and think to myself, "Maybe I need to take a deep breath and see if I am maybe being manipulated just a wee bit..."

IMHO of course....
    AN OPEN LETTER TO CNN FOX CBS ABC NBC VIACOM THE MURDOCHS AND DONALD J. TRUMP
    RE: STATE OF EPIDEMIC/ZIKA2
    Dear Enablers and Donald,
    After the Republican National Convention I wrote an open letter to a rabid Trump supporter. I realize now the letter was for you, Donald and media men. It’s you I’ve been wanting to talk to. You who have been stressing me and most of the nation out to the point of a diagnosable sickness. WE ARE BEING POISONED. We, the public, are being sickened by an ever expanding assault on our right to live a healthy and free life. Donald & you ratings driven colluders, are holding us the public hostage and exposing us to disease. A massive DISease.
    Our symptoms are knots in our shoulders, sick feelings in the pit of our vaginas, stomach tightness, shortness of breath, wildly elevated stress levels- we are now chronically experiencing a true mass illness.
    Caused by you. You all had a hand in this. You must take ownership of this situation.
    You are causing a worldwide sickness. You are POISONING us as sure as Flint is poisoning its citizens. You are poisoning your very own family and us, your brothers and sisters.
    This is real. We are sick. Living with your daily reign of terror cancer, and it is terror cancer, is something we are unwilling to do for another minute. I do not want to live my life this way. I am a proud AMERICAN & GLOBAL CITIZEN who’s head is bowed to her knees in because she is sickened every day. Because of you. It is NOT most of America who should be ashamed, it is YOU for propagating this propaganda.
    We, the public, need for you to look for your humanity. We, the public, need you to think differently and to do better. Think different. Do better. It’s that easy to be a better person and to do the right thing no matter the cost. The time is now.
    Stop poisoning humanity. Go rogue, reverse course, be BRAVE. He is a murderer in the making. Do NOT AID AND ABET A CRIME.
    UNPLUG THE MICROPHONES
    STOP COVERING HIM
    TURN THE LIGHTS OUT
    STOP THE CANCER
    It is time to RISE and say NO MORE
    #ROSEARMY
    #ANARMYOFTHOUGHT

she forgot to add Hitllary to the list.....

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll raise your 20th century and suggest that the complications started about the time of Muhammed's death. ;)

(That way we can skip the arbitrary British Empire lines and WWI boundaries.) :D

I'll go even further and say with utmost confidence the problems with that part of the world started about the same time as the Battle of Marathon.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll go even further and say with utmost confidence the problems with that part of the world started about the same time as the Battle of Marathon.

Well, actually.... I believe the Persians sided with the Athenians against the Spartans, at a later date. I'd say that area become toxic around the middle of the millennia.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Say J, How far did that fellow run to tell the Greek's about the Battle of Marathon????:)

A long way, and no one was even chasing him. I've always wondered about the validity of that story. Why would a guy run himself to death when there's no impending danger? They won, take your time bro.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Well, only one of us was around at the time, so I'll take your word for it. :D

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, actually.... I believe the Persians sided with the Athenians against the Spartans, at a later date. I'd say that area become toxic around the middle of the millennia.

It started when the Ionians rebelled against the Persians with the backing of Athens. And the runner was also warning the Athenians about the Persian navy that was headed their way, not just carrying news of victory.

Sparta and Athens were at war for I think 27 years (Peloponnesian War), and the Persians stuck their noses into that too. But they actually helped the Spartans beat the Athenians.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Complicated issue.

The French should have quietly made sure Khomeini died of 'natural causes' while still in France and we'd all be a lot better off

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Good call, jamil (not his real name) on the variability of what people think of as a 'true conservative'. I think if you could distill conservatism down to, say, eight core values I'd be surprised if most people in the general electorate adhered to/were excited about more than three of them.

Perhaps the platform should be more smorgasbord than eight course meal

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good call, jamil (not his real name) on the variability of what people think of as a 'true conservative'. I think if you could distill conservatism down to, say, eight core values I'd be surprised if most people in the general electorate adhered to/were excited about more than three of them.

Perhaps the platform should be more smorgasbord than eight course meal

If one of those core values were "mind your own ****ing business", I'd be pretty excited about that one. But I'll bet much of the general electorate, conservatives and liberal/progressives, would actually be hostile about it rather than indifferent. It's why "reality" TV is popular.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom