• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Funny, do put your blinders on when people refer to Obama as the "messiah?" Look up the word "messiah" on INGO, I imagine 95% of the use is related to Obama. Don't be a hypocrite, and have issue with those who use religious imagery to describe a person because you often disagree with them, while give those you do agree with a pass, for the same offense.

Global forum search, messiah has been used 5 times in the past day (yours being one of them) and only 7 times in the preceding 3 months. But the important point here is, you don't know me. For me to be a hypocrite and have issue with religious imagery it would mean that I use such imagery myself while criticizing its use by others. You could argue that, perhaps, I fail to condemn it wherever it occurs on INGO but that criticism would only be valid if it occurred in a thread that I was active in and could see it. Please point out any examples of where I do this - I'll wait.

Did you even bother to check whether I was guilty of the charge you wish to slander me with? Are you not one of the Grecian chorus decrying Ad Hominem attacks? Would not accusing me of hypocrisy as you do - without evidence, I might add - constitute an Ad Hom attack?

I try not to wear my faith on my sleeve, but certain words and phrases have a very specific meaning for a believer and should not be used recklessly - and incorrectly

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Global forum search, messiah has been used 5 times in the past day (yours being one of them) and only 7 times in the preceding 3 months. But the important point here is, you don't know me. For me to be a hypocrite and have issue with religious imagery it would mean that I use such imagery myself while criticizing its use by others. You could argue that, perhaps, I fail to condemn it wherever it occurs on INGO but that criticism would only be valid if it occurred in a thread that I was active in and could see it. Please point out any examples of where I do this - I'll wait.

Did you even bother to check whether I was guilty of the charge you wish to slander me with? Are you not one of the Grecian chorus decrying Ad Hominem attacks? Would not accusing me of hypocrisy as you do - without evidence, I might add - constitute an Ad Hom attack?

I try not to wear my faith on my sleeve, but certain words and phrases have a very specific meaning for a believer and should not be used recklessly - and incorrectly

If you say so. I stand by my "don't be a hypocrite," stance.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    TRUMPKINS-300X200.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not sure I understand the percentage. Just on guns? Or 1% "better" overall?

Overall.

We know hillary can get away with anything and have the media defend anything she does. Her connections and the trail of bodies tell the tale. I wouldn't put it past her to start a cold war (or even hot) with russia to dodge a scandal.

Trump can't fart without getting crushing media coverage, if he actually does something legitimately bad or dangerous, he will be toast. That alone makes him a safer candidate.

Hints in the absolute worst possible case, he's at least 1% better.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And by the way, I would assume that you know far more people using 'Obama and 'messiah' in the same sentence than I ever will

Hmmm...'Obama' and 'Messiah' in the same sentence...Obama is going to be in deep crap when he meets the Messiah! How's that? :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Since you attack me, personally, I ask for examples and this is what I get. I will take that as an admission that no examples exist. Wise choice

Let's see, I see several threads that you participated in, besides this one, where there's mention of "messiah." Where's you condemnation there?
    And I saw several more threads, again not counting this one, where there's the use of savior, without a condemnation.
    You can try and spin whatever web you want, but c'mon, your really expect people to believe that you've never seen people refer, on INGO, to Obama as the messiah? You've participated in the dang threads. It makes you a hypocrite to point out the instance from the guy you disagree with often, and averting your eyes when others do it. If you call pointing out making your unequal treatment of members, an attack, then yeah, I'm guilty. You can just call it "bile," like you did of MJ's post.

Even-handedness, try to strive for it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [video=youtube;u2pZSvq9bto]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pZSvq9bto&app=desktop[/video]

Sound like the guy has a god complex to me.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Funny, do put your blinders on when people refer to Obama as the "messiah?" Look up the word "messiah" on INGO, I imagine 95% of the use is related to Obama. Don't be a hypocrite, and have issue with those who use religious imagery to describe a person because you often disagree with them, while give those you do agree with a pass, for the same offense.

Just a little reminder. I thought we were talking about 'lord and savior' but you brought up messiah. Naturally I thought you would have some examples, but I guess not.

And it's 'stones', hermana not minerals

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just a little reminder. I thought we were talking about 'lord and savior' but you brought up messiah. Naturally I thought you would have some examples, but I guess not.

And it's 'stones', hermana not minerals

Obviously not a Guy Ritchie fan. No sweat, most people don't own up to their double standards, so I guess you're just doing what comes natural to most people. And if I am your sister, I gotta ask how pretty are your real ones?

Kut (shivers)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom