• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, my Sig P228 has been enjoying being carried. Finally nice weather though, so might have to plan my wardrobe now. Especially since most went away during my move. Hellooooo Hawaiian Shirts, lol

Twinsen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Confession... SIG used to hold a lot of reputability with me, but after less than stellar performance out of several items i sold all my sigs..... except..... the MPX gen2. Which, has been rock solid after I have it some oil. When i bought it, it was bone dry.

Also, i just upgraded the trigger to an SLT1. Balistic Advantage having a great sale on them now. If you dont know about slt1, check out video link below. AR drop in tigger based on old hk design. No traditional disconnector. Does not get shredded by mpx like tradition AR triggers.

https://ballisticdeals.com/ke-arms-slt-1-match-ar-trigger/

https://youtu.be/SbISyXTE4hI

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Confession... SIG used to hold a lot of reputability with me, but after less than stellar performance out of several items i sold all my sigs..... except..... the MPX gen2. Which, has been rock solid after I have it some oil. When i bought it, it was bone dry.

Also, i just upgraded the trigger to an SLT1. Balistic Advantage having a great sale on them now. If you dont know about slt1, check out video link below. AR drop in tigger based on old hk design. No traditional disconnector. Does not get shredded by mpx like tradition AR triggers.

I hear a lot about their reliability issues, that sucks. I've yet to have a single issue. Even during break in periods. What issues were you having?

Twinsen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    I hear a lot about their reliability issues, that sucks. I've yet to have a single issue. Even during break in periods. What issues were you having?

Misquito was finicky all around. Failure to cycle even best ammo.
    226 tacops had light primer strikes. And i hated the how you had to aim such that the front sight dot was covering the point of impact.
    Sig 1911 was the best of them, and i dont remember my specific issue with that one. I have been tempted to buy another to see if i have a better experience.

Each of these i am sure i could have worked through beyond the regular maintenance step I did, but I didnt want to or feel i should have to.

I favor CZ and Glock now.
    I suppose I still favor 1 Sig (mpx) over cz offering. Ive shot the scorpion, and it is a tank... and probably has an accuracy edge on mpx (not by much), but the 10lb bolt of cz makes it shake around a lot. Slower followup shots. Also, i really like mpx ergonomics.

Twinsen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    If i was forced to buy another sig today, i would choose the 320 x5. I highly considered giving it a try until the 320 going off when dropped debacle. More so, how sig handled it.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Yea, the mosquito sucks. Finicky all the way around. They aren't true sigs though. Just carry the name.

I live the 226 tacops. I dont own one though. I I've shot 3 but only about 500 rounds total. So just enough to fall in love but :dunno:

I shot a nightmare, it was nice for the 50 rounds lol. But I'd have to shoot it side by side with other 1911's to compare properly. I'm not much of a 1911 guy.

Czs are my new love. Since getting my 75b omega properly tuned by the Wizard, I have a hard time liking any other gun.

I carry my p320 compact. I have dropped it and even had an accident on my bike. Havent been shot yet. Once again, flawless function with one downside. It doesn't do well with tula. Everything else is perfect through a couple k rounds.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Never had a P226 TacOps. I have the Mk25, Legion SAO and an older German one so that was enough P226s for now. I do have the P320 TacOps along with a compact and subcompact. I would like to get a X series at some point. Not sure which one though. I would like to try one with the red dot on it, so that might decide which one.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought about getting the X grip to put on my Compact to see if I like the grip first.
    I have read a lot of good comments about the X compact.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    theres a guy who shoots a mosquito at our bowling pin league and it go's bang everytime...as long as he shoots mini mag!

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    My mosquito malfunctions a lot...it’s annoying and it just sits in the safe. I do have a m-17 320 that functions beautifully. I put the x5 grip module with the magwell on it feels really nice in the hand. I think they’re still running the promotion if you buy the m-17 you can get 2 free 21rnd mags. Mine are in the mail on the way...
    A7TP7RK.jpg

Twinsen

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana

Put a a hundred or so round through mpx with slt1 trigger. It is slick. And performed great.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    [video=youtube;iYPabWpRJ-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYPabWpRJ-8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

WARNING: the guy does swear! I didn't really notice at first....

Last edited:

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    47218791-09BF-4D03-8569-71B172BF2135.jpg
    Sig collection. Nothing fancy, but all enjoyable to own and shoot!

P365 9mm
    P229 Legion DA/SA 9mm
    P232 Hand Polished w Hogue Wood 380
    P238 Nickel Blackwood 380
    P320 Compact 9mm
    P226 ASE Talo Edition 9mm
    Olive Drab Mosquito TB .22
    P225 A1 9mm

Top Bottom