• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I saw on topgunsupply there is a video on making the e2 conversion if you look at the parts kit. Might give you a better idea of what the difference is.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I don't think I'll get what I want. I want a P229 Legion SAO. That would be perfection to me! :D
    Might be a way for them to do that. I know the custom shop does work like that. Swap out old trigger, put in srt, they do all sorts of work there.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I don't think I'll get what I want. I want a P229 Legion SAO. That would be perfection to me! :D

I have not touched a Legion series on purpose, I love my old 229 and don't want to mess that up! Lol. Trigger pull isn't bad DA or SA on it, and I shoot it better than average with my pistol choices. I really like DA/SA guns, I may be weird. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I like the flat, SAO trigger so much on my Legion, I had one put into my CZ 75 compact:

IMG_20160922_193733_zpszpn4eepz.jpg

Came out REALLY nice!

Might be a way for them to do that. I know the custom shop does work like that. Swap out old trigger, put in srt, they do all sorts of work there.

I wasn't sure if it was possible to convert a DA/SA gun to a SAO. If that's possible, I'll have to send in my P229. That would ROCK! :rockwoot:

I have not touched a Legion series on purpose, I love my old 229 and don't want to mess that up! Lol. Trigger pull isn't bad DA or SA on it, and I shoot it better than average with my pistol choices. I really like DA/SA guns, I may be weird. :)

To each their own. Guns are a very personal choice and everyone likes something different. Hell, some people even like Glocks! :):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am comfortable with the DA/SA as I have had Sigs for awhile. But I had 1911s for a long time too, so I can swing either way :@ya:

Carrying an old German P228 in a OWB holster this morning. Like the cooler weather. I can throw a jacket on... or if I feel edgy, I can wear my sporty utility vest... that just screams "man with a gun" :runaway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am comfortable with the DA/SA as I have had Sigs for awhile. But I had 1911s for a long time too, so I can swing either way :@ya:

Carrying an old German P228 in a OWB holster this morning. Like the cooler weather. I can throw a jacket on... or if I feel edgy, I can wear my sporty utility vest... that just screams "man with a gun" :runaway:

I OC a lot, but I love cooler weather where I can still carry OWB, but conceal even a full sized gun when going into places that don't allow guns... :):

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I like the flat, SAO trigger so much on my Legion, I had one put into my CZ 75 compact:

IMG_20160922_193733_zpszpn4eepz.jpg

Came out REALLY nice!

I wasn't sure if it was possible to convert a DA/SA gun to a SAO. If that's possible, I'll have to send in my P229. That would ROCK! :rockwoot:

To each their own. Guns are a very personal choice and everyone likes something different. Hell, some people even like Glocks! :):

Glocks!! Umm err no comment! Ha

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Glocks are fine for what they are, but as I've heard other people say, they just don't seem to have soul like other guns. I pick up one of my Sigs, CZ's or 1911's and could not imagine having a Glock in place of one of those guns.
    I think they are ugly and don't feel as good in my hand. But they are fine pistols. Some of the fanboys are just annoying though.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    IMG_1683_1-1.jpg
    here is the side by side of the original P228\P229 mag on the left and the upgraded magazine on the right. You can see the extra slopes on the sides that allow more rounds. In the 9mm, it's 13 vs 15. Granted, the new mags won't fit in the older bodies, because of that slope. The old magazines work in everything.

On the other topic, Glocks aren't bad, and I can kinda see why they are loved, but I'm not a fan of the grip angle at all. I still have one, actually first pistol I bought, but I'd rather carry my Sig or 1911, cause I KNOW I can always hit with it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I actually have a few Glocks myself. Only actually shot one of them. The rest of them are sitting unfired in the box waiting on the next great panic and I may try to flip them.

Top Bottom