• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    If this is truly happening, it is abhorrent, just like the reports of threats to the pizza place. However, I put a link many many pages ago showing where someone called a local radio station stating that he owned a restaurant and would flat out refuse to serve gays dinner. My post/link was quickly dismissed, noting that the caller was probably just trolling.

Other than the idiot teacher who tweeted something about burning the place down, do we know FOR SURE that all the threats have been authentic and not just some idiots stirring the pot? Just curious.

It's hard to tell what was authentic or fake. I'm sure both sides have made up a lot of crap anyway.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Typical lib tactic. It's all about the allegations. They live to try and destroy anyone with whom they oppose simply by making an allegation or an inference of impropriety. (H/T Dirty Harry).

Huh. Where have we heard of this strategy being employed before... where was it... :scratch:

Oh yeah, now I remember...

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” -- Joseph Goebbels

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Why would it end?
    Where do you see this?

So close to a Million.....:faint: They just need to keep it open.......because I say so.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Ok so I was keeping up on this thread till about 4 days ago. Can someone tell me if Pence is backing down. I heard on the radio something along the lines that he was going to get some one to work on the law.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Another counter-Memories GoFundMe, doing quite well. Erm...

Support LGBT Youth In Indiana by Jon Nolen - GoFundMe

Support Indiana Youth Group by Boycott MemoriesPizza - GoFundMe

The grassroots support for these folks is awesome.

I think I understand why (emphasis not mine)...

"Take a minute and, instead of trolling Memories on Yelp and being angry about it on Facebook and Twitter, donate $10; do something positive that will have a direct impact on LGBT youth in the state of Indiana."

Where's the delicious indignation in that? Trolling Memories Pizza and being angry about it on facebook and twitter is much more satisfying.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I think I understand why (emphasis not mine)...
    "Take a minute and, instead of trolling Memories on Yelp and being angry about it on Facebook and Twitter, donate $10; do something positive that will have a direct impact on LGBT youth in the state of Indiana."

Where's the delicious indignation in that? Trolling Memories Pizza and being angry about it on facebook and twitter is much more satisfying.

There is no delicious indignation in actually having to pony up money out of your own pocket to show support for something. Their support is like the proverbial Missouri: a mile wide and an inch deep.

After they take a vacation on the Riviera.

Did you mean to use purple mayhaps?

Frankly I can't conceive what it must feel like to be in the crosshairs of a national campaign to harass and intimidate a small-town business, with strangers making death threats, solely on the basis of one TV news story.

Perhaps you've walked in those shoes. Then judge away.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They'll have to hold off on their vacation plans until they know what's left after defending themselves from the IRS audit we all know is coming.
    I have no doubt that they'll be an attempt to rid them of all that evil hate money.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have no doubt that they'll be an attempt to rid them of all that evil hate money.

I doubt Lois Learner is the only progressive sympathizer in the IRS. The CBS6 ***** didn't need to falsely report them for fraud. I'm sure someone in the IRS was already on it.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Frankly I can't conceive what it must feel like to be in the crosshairs of a national campaign to harass and intimidate a small-town business, with strangers making death threats, solely on the basis of one TV news story.

Perhaps you've walked in those shoes. Then judge away.

These people deserve every penny of that money, too bad it couldn't have been from the people that slandered and threatend them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    These people deserve every penny of that money, too bad it couldn't have been from the people that slandered and threatend them.

I think the 16 year old girl taken advantage of by the reporter will probably have a descent college fund. But I also imagine the ridicule for that family will probably get worse before it eases.

People on the other side actually see this as bigots being rewarded for prejudice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom