• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    You are wrong. I don't like it, but love living in Indiana. Wouldn't live in Cali if you bought my house for me. Don't think the good folks actually think this is a good law. The good folks aren't the ones who enacted this law.

So, I'm one of the "bad folks" because I think this is a good law? I'm glad you know me so well.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Only because they thought enough yelling would stop Pence to sign it. They know it won't really affect anything, but they don't want to even give the perception of losing ground.

conservatism will always decay toward liberalism unless constantly fought for.

Pence doesn't seem to cave in to pressure. He seems to do what he thinks he should.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    This will be unpopular, but as a small business owner i full support this bill. My property, my finances, my rules. That being said, i have no plans to turn away customers.

But, but,
    .........that makes sense.......

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    Call me crazy or maybe it's my decision to not drink the kool aide coming out of the faucet but the way I read it is that is does more to protect an employee who decides to say Mary Christmas than said employee telling the guy in the My Little Pony shirt to get out.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Who is going to challenge it, and given that the same law has thus far withstood constitutional scrutiny in several other states, what makes you think that it would fail to do so in Indiana?

My understanding is the other laws you are referring to are not left to the whims of individuals. Our law allows any person to condemn whomever they choose, it doesn't even have to be something sanctioned by an organized religion.

Last edited:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Its because of the (R) after Pence's name. No other reason. Some people have become so brainwashed by the media, they are unwilling to even read the context. If he owned a restaurant, people would automatically say the food sucked, without ever having stepped foot in the place.

Or that Bill Clinton signed a federal RFRA while he was in office.

The easiest way to explain this to the masses is as follows:

A PRIVATELY OWNED CORPORATION OR BUSINESS can already refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time. The RFRA Law just makes it so the person who had service refused to them can't sue that business for bull****.

Now, with that said, I will say this. Is this law needed? In my opinion, no. But what ever, it doesn't change anything that has been in effect for 20+ years already. BUT, but being the "Greedy Evil Capitalist" that I am, I like money way to much. I'm not going to refuse service to anyone with one exception, you give me a reason to.

In this industry, I'm here to make help everyone exercise their God-give, Constitutionally Preserved Right to Defend themselves in the manner that they deem best fit for them. But if you make me suspect you are going to do wrong or cause harm with to innocent people then you sure as **** aren't gonna get anything sold to you.

I have voted (R) nearly exclusively in every election since I was eligible to vote. I still believe this is a bad bill. This is directed at one specific group of individuals that some people don't care for. Their religious beliefs also condemn (via the ten commandments) other sinful behaviors, and I fully suspect we will not see people barred for being adulterous, not honoring their mother/father, for saying 'god damn' when angry, those that work on sunday, those that steal, lie or covet their neighbors. Nope... all these people will be welcome with open arms despite the religious objections scribed in stone. They are going to target gays because they personally find them distasteful, not because their religious convictions command them to.

Last edited:

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Does this mean I can't sue my gunsmith for refusing to work on my Hi-Point?

Only if he does so for reasons other than religious. That's my particular issue with this bill I think. You can discriminate against whomever you choose, if you are doing it due to religious beliefs. If you are going to hoist up and defend bigotry atleast be an equal opportunity bigot and provide it to everyone.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Call me crazy or maybe it's my decision to not drink the kool aide coming out of the faucet but the way I read it is that is does more to protect an employee who decides to say Mary Christmas than said employee telling the guy in the My Little Pony shirt to get out.

You would be wrong. Employment in Indiana is at will. You can be fired for any reason. Or no reason at all. Nothing in this bill changed that.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Interesting take... if the leftists boycott Indiana, maybe we'll see less of them

Please, Please, PLEASE #BoycottIndiana | The Daily Caller

Miley Cyrus was also upset...... I hope she doesn't stay out of Indiana........ that would be..........

image.png

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I remember when freedom was not considered "the whim" of an individual.

**** Salesforce, **** the fifth in command of the Enterprise and **** the weirdos who dress up like cartoon characters because they are not intellectually and emotionally able to stand the rigors of reality.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Pence doesn't seem to cave in to pressure. He seems to do what he thinks he should.

The problem is that the pressure he's ignoring is economic. Say what you will about Mitch Daniels, but the detente on social issues and focus on the economy was working out for this state. How are we supposed to build a tech industry when we drive off millennials with bills like this?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I remember when freedom was not considered "the whim" of an individual.

**** Salesforce, **** the fifth in command of the Enterprise and **** the weirdos who dress up like cartoon characters because they are not intellectually and emotionally able to stand the rigors of reality.

Says the cartoon face wearing a sombrero. :cool:

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Thank goodness for religion and tv! How else would I know who I am supposed to hate today? They take the guess work out of life.

Thats easy, watch the news.
    hate Pence
    hate Cruz
    hate Perry
    hate, hate, hate Palin
    etc, etc, etc

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom