• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Will all of those boycotting us actually avoid all the other states with RFRAs,or will they be hypocrites?

Why are we being singled out like we are the only state that has this?

Marcinko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Kudos to Mike Pence and the good folks in Indiana! For those who don't like it, Californi is the place you wanna be so load up the truck and hit the road.

M

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Liberal heads are exploding all over, especially on Facebook. Supporters of the law, or those indifferent to it, haven't said a word. Those opposed have been spewing vitriol and vow to boycott Indiana. It's interesting and dismaying to see how some of my real friends have reacted strongly and denigrate those with religious beliefs. Name calling doesn't bother me much anymore but I'm waiting to be "un-friended" over this.

I support this law and look forward to when those crying "bigot!" find that Hoosiers of all orientations will be able to live life unaffected.

Already have, but Its the internet doesn't break me heart one bit.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Will all of those boycotting us actually avoid all the other states with RFRAs,or will they be hypocrites?

Only because they thought enough yelling would stop Pence to sign it. They know it won't really affect anything, but they don't want to even give the perception of losing ground.

conservatism will always decay toward liberalism unless constantly fought for.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Liberal heads are exploding all over, especially on Facebook. Supporters of the law, or those indifferent to it, haven't said a word. Those opposed have been spewing vitriol and vow to boycott Indiana. It's interesting and dismaying to see how some of my real friends have reacted strongly and denigrate those with religious beliefs. Name calling doesn't bother me much anymore but I'm waiting to be "un-friended" over this.

I support this law and look forward to when those crying "bigot!" find that Hoosiers of all orientations will be able to live life unaffected.

So far I been unfriended by a few people for a few reasons, one was because I support the right to carry in public and the other because I don't support a minimum wage increase (I actually got blocked by the later person without a warning). Whatever, if you want to be friends with someone, be warned you won't agree with them all the time and should be able to tolerate that they don't agree with you.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

I think it's simply some organizational activism that spread on social media. It worked in Arizona so they thought it would work here.

I don't even support the law; I'm just frustrated with people's herd-like behavior.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    This bill is no more about religious freedom than the so-called right to work bill was about a person's right to work! It's about the right of a business to do business with whom they please....or not.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So far I been unfriended by a few people for a few reasons, one was because I support the right to carry in public and the other because I don't support a minimum wage increase (I actually got blocked by the later person without a warning). Whatever, if you want to be friends with someone, be warned you won't agree with them all the time and should be able to tolerate that they don't agree with you.

Yet those who unfriend or block you want you to ACCEPT their views without question or being shown why their idea is wrong. Those people can't TOLERATE anyone with opposing views.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Hillary just said this:

@HillaryClinton: Sad this new Indiana law can happen in America today.

Odd, she suddenly cares about laws?

Funny thing is that her husband enacted the Federal one.

Go on, pull the other one!! ;)

Even Hillary can't be that oblivious.

I am so despising the ruling class and what they're doing to our country...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Why are religious convictions afforded elevated status over non-religiously derived convictions?

They're not, they're held on equal footing. If two equal forces go up against each other, they cancel out and no foul. this law specifically protects a constitutionally delineated natural right.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Just wait for a customer to walk into a T Shirt place owned by "gay" people and demand they print off a dozen "God Hates Fags" T shirts. They should rightfully tell the buyer to go to hell and not come back. We'll see where the sellout point is...$100 a shirt? $150 a shirt? $1000 a shirt?

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    This is stupid. Can't believe that iNGOer's support this bill. Can't believe that my tax dollars were spent on this bill. Hope that Lilly, Allison transmissions, IU health, Anthem, Chase, Rolls Royce, Cummings, CIB, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and all of the other large employers, use their money, to get rid of our current legislators. Fix the roads, schools, and infastructure. After all, we all pay an extra $25 for every registered vehicle we have for road work. Our roads outside of the interstates are some of the worst in the country.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Kudos to Mike Pence and the good folks in Indiana! For those who don't like it, Californi is the place you wanna be so load up the truck and hit the road.

M
    You are wrong. I don't like it, but love living in Indiana. Wouldn't live in Cali if you bought my house for me. Don't think the good folks actually think this is a good law. The good folks aren't the ones who enacted this law.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... Don't think the good folks actually think this is a good law. The good folks aren't the ones who enacted this law.

The majority of our state legislature, the governor and, I'd venture to say, the majority posting in this thread are bad people then?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom