43490693_1030972840438989_8938300252666986496_n.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At what point did I realize I was "merely a tax slave for [my] government overlord?"

When I realize that when I realized we demand roads, schools, bridges, dams, airports, arenas, law enforcement, courts, jails, health inspectors, military, space exploration, border protection, tariff enforcement, etc., etc.

OH, and 401K's aren't subject to capital gains per se, so much as they're taxed as income because you didn't pay any tax when you put that money in. Want to avoid tax on growth? Invest in a Roth IRA.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    At what point did I realize I was "merely a tax slave for [my] government overlord?"

When I realize that when I realized we demand roads, schools, bridges, dams, airports, arenas, law enforcement, courts, jails, health inspectors, military, space exploration, border protection, tariff enforcement, etc., etc.

OH, and 401K's aren't subject to capital gains per se, so much as they're taxed as income because you didn't pay any tax when you put that money in. Want to avoid tax on growth? Invest in a Roth IRA.

Promote the general welfare.

Pay the tax now and avoid the tax later, ​or avoid the lower tax now and pay higher tax on more later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom