Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    trump supporters, please

defend this

this is not presidential

I expect his SC results to underperform after this.
    I expect Rubio SC results to overperform. He's done very well, and Trump has done awfully. Even Bush did very well so far.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm very aware that when you confront a person that thinks a certain way, and you insult them... they typically double-down, and aren't willing to change their opinions. I know that's a thing, and I know that insulting Trump supporters like I do isn't constructive.

However, I've tried the calm approach. I've tried asking questions and asking them to defend the things he says and does, his history, etc. These are all over other threads, or earlier in this one. Every time, I've been hit back with strawmen, or most often just completely ignoring the questions I bring up. I get nothing out of them... and I ask these questions because I want to understand why they support this. I say "this" because it's very apparent, especially in debates like this one.

This isn't a president up there screaming at the other candidates, insulting them and the audience. This is a reality show entertainer, a businessman. This is a guy with a history against our interests, a guy that can't perform under pressure (noting his unhinged insults and rants).

I'm beyond asking why, because like Trump... I don't get answers. So when I belittle those that tend to support this clown show, you might understand a bit more why. This election is far too important, especially now with the unfortunate death of Justice Scalia... to throw away on "taking down the party" or whatever nonsense excuse is being used.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    trump supporters, please

defend this

this is not presidential

I expect his SC results to underperform after this.
    I expect Rubio SC results to overperform. He's done very well, and Trump has done awfully. Even Bush did very well so far.

Asks Trump supporters to defend something, doesn't even say what he wants them to defend....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Asks Trump supporters to defend something, doesn't even say what he wants them to defend....

In a thread where we're talking about the debate that was going on. "This" being his outbursts and un-presidential behavior during the entire thing. Now that you've gotten your shot in, care to answer?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    In a thread where we're talking about the debate that was going on. "This" being his outbursts and un-presidential behavior during the entire thing. Now that you've gotten your shot in, care to answer?

In other words you want me to defend his personality when part of my support is because of his personality. You really think I'm going to be turned off because he gets fumed, when I fully expect that?

Carson and Kasich are the only candidates who act remotely presidential in this race, if we're going to go this route. Policy should be the concern here, as this is easily one of the messiest primaries in known history.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm very aware that when you confront a person that thinks a certain way, and you insult them... they typically double-down, and aren't willing to change their opinions. I know that's a thing, and I know that insulting Trump supporters like I do isn't constructive.

However, I've tried the calm approach. I've tried asking questions and asking them to defend the things he says and does, his history, etc. These are all over other threads, or earlier in this one. Every time, I've been hit back with strawmen, or most often just completely ignoring the questions I bring up. I get nothing out of them... and I ask these questions because I want to understand why they support this. I say "this" because it's very apparent, especially in debates like this one.

This isn't a president up there screaming at the other candidates, insulting them and the audience. This is a reality show entertainer, a businessman. This is a guy with a history against our interests, a guy that can't perform under pressure (noting his unhinged insults and rants).

I'm beyond asking why, because like Trump... I don't get answers. So when I belittle those that tend to support this clown show, you might understand a bit more why. This election is far too important, especially now with the unfortunate death of Justice Scalia... to throw away on "taking down the party" or whatever nonsense excuse is being used.

"This is a guy with a history against our interests..." Whoops. I guess no Kasich

"...a guy that can't perform under pressure..." I guess no Rubio either

Welcome to the [STRIKE]Trump or[/STRIKE] Cruz club (adjusted for your membership criteria)

UglyAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Fishers
    Cruz is teh awesomest prezdentshul candidate EVAR!

Ted Cruz's 2016 App Gives Campaign Access To Users' Contacts, Location

He's evidently A-OK with a mobile app with his name on it stealing users' personal data, and on top of that, mining that data for who-knows-what purposes. I really want a prezdent who's totally on board with that ("The son of mathematicians and data processing programmers, Cruz is keenly and personally interested in the work.") and almost certainly wouldn't lift a finger against the National [STRIKE]Surveillance[/STRIKE] Security Agency's efforts. Thank you, sir, may I have another?

If I may also add, having such a swell guy sit on the Supreme Court would be even better.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

He's evidently A-OK with a mobile app with his name on it stealing users' personal data, and on top of that, mining that data for who-knows-what purposes. I really want a prezdent who's totally on board with that ("The son of mathematicians and data processing programmers, Cruz is keenly and personally interested in the work.") and almost certainly wouldn't lift a finger against the Total Surveillance Agency's efforts. Thank you, sir, may I have another?

If I may also add, having such a swell guy sit on the Supreme Court would be even better.

It's not stealing if you voluntarily sign up knowing what it's going to do. Conflating this with NSA spying is a massive stretch.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then tell RoboRubio to up his ****ing game and win the nomination. If he isn't on the ticket he doesn't get the vote. The answer to Trump is to beat him fair and square. Bring it!

I know this is in hindsight now. But he did up his game. After his performance in the last debate, the pressure for him to perform well in this debate was probably higher than any other candidate. I have to admit he did well.

Again, you can't raise taxes with an executive order. You also can't raise taxes with a Republican Congress.

Heh. Depends on the tax.

Ridicule doesn't help. If you can't convince people without ridicule, you're certainly not going to convince them with it. At that point it's just punishing them for not thinking the way you do. However, repaying snark with snark is perfectly acceptable.

He's evidently A-OK with a mobile app with his name on it stealing users' personal data, and on top of that, mining that data for who-knows-what purposes. I really want a prezdent who's totally on board with that ("The son of mathematicians and data processing programmers, Cruz is keenly and personally interested in the work.") and almost certainly wouldn't lift a finger against the National [STRIKE]Surveillance[/STRIKE] Security Agency's efforts. Thank you, sir, may I have another?

First. Welcome to 2016, where if it's free, YOU'RE the product. Any app. If you don't want your personal information mined, don't install the app.

Second: Cruz isn't the only one that does that. Doesn't make it "right". But it doesn't make it wrong either. If your favorite candidate has an app. Your life is being mined too. Think about it. What purpose does paying developers to code an app serve? The ONLY thing they get out of that is to mine your life. I'll say it again. There is no other purpose for a presidential candidate to have an app.

And what about the people who are on those contact lists? How did the campaign obtain their permission?

Try reading for content next time.

See above commentary. You put free apps on your phone. YOU are the product. Developing apps isn't free. It costs. They do it for a reason. If you don't want YOUR candidate mining YOUR life then YOU don't put that **** on your phone.

UglyAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Fishers
    jamil said:
    If you don't want your personal information mined, don't install the app.
    That's the sort of attitude that led us as a nation to where we are now. We don't actually do anything about the stuff that matters; instead, we let ourselves get distracted about personalities and feelings.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    See above commentary. You put free apps on your phone. YOU are the product. Developing apps isn't free. It costs. They do it for a reason. If you don't want YOUR candidate mining YOUR life then YOU don't put that **** on your phone.

Stop it. Just stop. We've got a mad on for Cruz and presentation of facts just harsh the mood, dude.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Trump just blamed Bush for 9/11. Screaming over Jeb.

This is... uncomfortable.

He's not wrong. It did happen under his watch. There is evidence that suggests that warnings were ignored. They also mentioned that Clinton didn't kill bin Laden when he had the chance. So they are using the same excuse they hate to use, passing the buck? Ok.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I know this is in hindsight now. But he did up his game. After his performance in the last debate, the pressure for him to perform well in this debate was probably higher than any other candidate. I have to admit he did well.

Heh. Depends on the tax.

Ridicule doesn't help. If you can't convince people without ridicule, you're certainly not going to convince them with it. At that point it's just punishing them for not thinking the way you do. However, repaying snark with snark is perfectly acceptable.

Whew! Had me worried for a minute

First. Welcome to 2016, where if it's free, YOU'RE the product. Any app. If you don't want your personal information mined, don't install the app.

Second: Cruz isn't the only one that does that. Doesn't make it "right". But it doesn't make it wrong either. If your favorite candidate has an app. Your life is being mined too. Think about it. What purpose does paying developers to code an app serve? The ONLY thing they get out of that is to mine your life. I'll say it again. There is no other purpose for a presidential candidate to have an app.

A voice of reason. Get out the pitch forks and the torches! (I keed)

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

You are not helping your cause if you belittle others you are trying to jump ship to yours.

So what if Donald gets angry? Good. Everyone else up on there is a robot. It's good to see someone who actually has the stones to get angry. He is a lot like Christie and tells it like it is.

I didnt watch the debate but I saw where he got booed.. All I have to say is this is the same crowd that booed the golden rule back in 2012.

I do not want Cruz. He may say he's for less government, but wait until it comes to issues that come to the private lives of Americans. Picture perfect image of a conservative who will not mind kicking down your door for pot, or if you got oral sex from your wife. I do not think Trump gives a crap about our private lives and that is fine with me.

I don't want Jeb or Rubio. They are weaklings who are going to open the border. The others aren't worth mentioning really. Maybe Kasich? Eh...

Edit: Also, Trump is the only one up there who opposes the bull**** trade agreements like TPP. The only guy up there with REAL private sector experience. He knows it's killing American jobs and ships them to Mexico or China. He knows we can't compete with developing countries because well, we are already developed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom