ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rubio gay?

(in case it isn't clear, that's glitter, which is very gay.)
    rbrUior.gif

Yeah, I guess so. I'm hoping more can actually figure out that gay people can be conservative, too.

Oh, and black people.

Well, young people, too.

Conservativism should invite all people who don't think .gov needs any more authority.

I follow quite a few gay conservatives. And black. And young.

THEY EXIST! I promise.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Playing with Presidential eligibility and "birther" nonsense as an argument point on Twitter is not a thing that serious people do if what they're saying has any substance at all.

If there was an actual question about Cruz's eligibility, Trump could sue and get it over with, get him disqualified.

No, it's just a fringe argument now (just like the Obama birthers).

It's also not worth any more keystrokes on my keyboard to discuss in a serious manner. It's a very unserious topic.

I'll summarize your post.

"I disagree with you, therefor your argument is a fringe argument and I won't respond to you anymore because you challenge me to think for myself."

No, it's a very legitimate problem with Cruz. When and if he has to go against Hillary, it will be exploited to the 11th degree. You may think it's trivial that a Canadian is trying to become president, but all those democrats who said we were crazy for questioning Obama will JUMP on it as soon as it gets any traction. All it takes for it to get traction is the democrats in the media pushing the story, and bam, he's out of the race.

Can't afford that kind of a liability. Just because Trump RECENTLY tweeted doesn't mean it hasn't been an issue since the primaries have started.

It's far more trivial that people are concerned that Rubio might have had some sort of fling with a guy decades ago.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    It's the modern age republican problem. Appeal to the moderates and you **** off the conservatives.

No one can win without the moderate vote. Seems that fact is starting to be realized by the GOP as only a few are actually trying for the hardcore conservative vote. The conservatives are never going to vote for a liberal, there's no point to pandering to them.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No one can win without the moderate vote. Seems that fact is starting to be realized by the GOP as only a few are actually trying for the hardcore conservative vote. The conservatives are never going to vote for a liberal, there's no point to pandering to them.
    No, but they have shown they will stay home in droves if a moderate mormon is nominated.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

A moderate is a failure to conservative voters. Moderates are only popular with the media, and only exist to collect less flack from the democrats, otherwise they're completely and totally useless.

When people say "Oh, he's more electable because he's moderate!" it's codespeak for "Oh, he'll do a nice job giving the democrats another 4 years."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A moderate is a failure to conservative voters. Moderates are only popular with the media, and only exist to collect less flack from the democrats, otherwise they're completely and totally useless.

When people say "Oh, he's more electable because he's moderate!" it's codespeak for "Oh, he'll do a nice job giving the democrats another 4 years."

That's how you interpret things. Probably moderates would say that's not true. Moderates live their politics ala carte. It's not really code speak for anything. It is a realization that not everyone is either conservative or liberal. Liberals can't win without moderates. Conservatives can't win without moderates. There's not a majority of either pole. They need enough of the middle to swing for their candidate to win. It's just math.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now you know how important this election is:

US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia found dead in resort ranch in Cibolo Creek, Texas, at age 79

Just became most important election in maybe 70 years. You can roll the dice with a celebrity lunatic or get ****ing serious. Starting now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    To sum it up: Trump leads in every poll and the most important conservative in the world has died.

Trump has said, in a non-joking way, that his sister, (a pro-abortion extremist judge), would make a great SCOTUS justice.

Donald Trump's Sister -- Supreme Court Judge? | National Review Online

Listen, Trump supporters... I know you like the guy for some reason, and I know you're excusing his life as a Democrat, and his lack of consistency, and his general small-mindedness... but please, don't participate in making the country FUBAR here. This is important.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's how you interpret things. Probably moderates would say that's not true. Moderates live their politics ala carte. It's not really code speak for anything. It is a realization that not everyone is either conservative or liberal. Liberals can't win without moderates. Conservatives can't win without moderates. There's not a majority of either pole. They need enough of the middle to swing for their candidate to win. It's just math.

They don't need moderate policies to swing the fence sitters, they need charisma.

While we're all interested in nitty gritty politics here, your garden variety American couldn't care less about anything beyond a slogan and a face. ¡Yebby! is about as moderate as luke warm water, and look at the excitement he generates.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    To sum it up: Trump leads in every poll and the most important conservative in the world has died.

Trump has said, in a non-joking way, that his sister, (a pro-abortion extremist judge), would make a great SCOTUS justice.

Donald Trump's Sister -- Supreme Court Judge? | National Review Online

Listen, Trump supporters... I know you like the guy for some reason, and I know you're excusing his life as a Democrat, and his lack of consistency, and his general small-mindedness... but please, don't participate in making the country FUBAR here. This is important.

Sorry, I'm still supporting him. Reagan was a Democrat for a huge part of his life, people change. He's the bull in a china shop and that is what I want to see.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They don't need moderate policies to swing the fence sitters, they need charisma.

While we're all interested in nitty gritty politics here, your garden variety American couldn't care less about anything beyond a slogan and a face. ¡Yebby! is about as moderate as luke warm water, and look at the excitement he generates.

I can't disagree with any of that. I'm just talking about the math. Who in this race has the kind of charisma to overcome the negative press that conservatives have gotten the past 8 years?

Trump? He scores the highest of any candidate in the category of "will not vote for under any circumstances". He's ahead because the "not trump" vote is split between all the other candidates. I'm gonna agree with G. I think it's time to get serious and get someone elected who will nominate a conservative to the SCOTUS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom