• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    holy **** trump just shat the bed, insulting audience and getting personal with bush

Jebby's mommy probably told him to pay the audience to boo. Kind of like how he fills empty seats.

I think Trump and Cruz have some sort of plan going on. Something seems weird between them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's not going to work for Donald to just keep insulting EVERYONE.

Audiences love being called tools. I'm betting Rubio is quietly grateful that Trump pulled the attention off of him as "most cringeworthy part of the night"

Jebby's mommy probably told him to pay the audience to boo. Kind of like how he fills empty seats.

I think Trump and Cruz have some sort of plan going on. Something seems weird between them.

Christie seems like he's here just to hit Rubio. I was expecting Cruz and Trump to go after him more.

Granted, these moderators are ****... can't keep it under control, can't ask the actual questions, and getting offensive after getting good answers.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Winners: Bush
    Runners-up: Cruz, Kasich, Rubio

Bush did surprisingly well throughout the entire debate. Trump, again... didn't answer questions. Even the question about giving detail about his answers... he continued to give no detail. Aside from his cringeworthy attacks on the audience and Bush, and ridiculous lies about eminent domain... he stayed pretty middle-ground, not a lot of screen time. He did give a last second jab to Cruz about the Carson situation in Iowa

Cruz did good, no one really went after him except Carson early on. Carson joked a lot, which might be getting a little worn. Had a few good answers.

Kasich had more substance than usual, but still remained forgettable. Christie, after his blatant anti-Rubio rant, gave some wishy-washy answers.

Missed seeing Paul up there.

the moderators sucked, but the guest questions from Mary Katharine Ham were excellent. She's great, as always.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't think anyone won that debate.

There was just a loser, and that loser was Rubio.

Christie might have nudged himself some polling points, but I don't think it'll matter.

For those interested, time given to candidates:
    Cruz 15:28
    Rubio 12:58
    Trump 12:04
    Christie 8:48
    Bush 7:55
    Kasich 7:37
    Carson 6:06

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Granted, I'm not watching these things anymore, but I saw some vid clips and is anybody else tired of listening to the pussbag wasting oxygen talking about his executive experience and getting up in the morning and "solving problems" for his residents? This is where somebody needs to say, "Do you really want the architect of Bridge-Gate running the IRS?"

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Granted, I'm not watching these things anymore, but I saw some vid clips and is anybody else tired of listening to the pussbag wasting oxygen talking about his executive experience and getting up in the morning and "solving problems" for his residents? This is where somebody needs to say, "Do you really want the architect of Bridge-Gate running the IRS?"

"It's all water under the bridge." -Rand Paul

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I come here for the recap...as it won't matter by the time I get to vote in May. I'll probably watch the results feed on Monday(or is it Tuesday for NewH?). Those will matter to me as they show the winds of what we'll see over the next few months.

I'm beginning to think Rubio is the bought and paid for candidate unfortunately. He has shown some promise to the establishment and they'll get behind him now.

Will be interesting to see how the Donald keeps going. If he ties or loses by a bit, it'll really make you wonder who they are calling for polls for primaries.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't think anyone won that debate.

There was just a loser, and that loser was Rubio.

Really not sure how you could draw that conclusion, unless you just don't like the guy.

After the rough start, he gave great answers on foreign policy, 'what is conservatism', ISIS, social issues (gay marriage), the VA, women and selective service.

Cruz, among others, gave excellent answers on the issue of families wanting to raise money for captured family members. They all did very well on this question, explaining how we can't negotiate with terrorists.

Rubio, Cruz gave good answers on waterboarding as well. Trump got a little weird with that one.

I'm beginning to think Rubio is the bought and paid for candidate unfortunately.

He's less "establishment" than people think.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Winners: Bush
    Runners-up: Cruz, Kasich, Rubio

Bush did surprisingly well throughout the entire debate. Trump, again... didn't answer questions. Even the question about giving detail about his answers... he continued to give no detail. Aside from his cringeworthy attacks on the audience and Bush, and ridiculous lies about eminent domain... he stayed pretty middle-ground, not a lot of screen time. He did give a last second jab to Cruz about the Carson situation in Iowa

Cruz did good, no one really went after him except Carson early on. Carson joked a lot, which might be getting a little worn. Had a few good answers.

Kasich had more substance than usual, but still remained forgettable. Christie, after his blatant anti-Rubio rant, gave some wishy-washy answers.

Missed seeing Paul up there.

the moderators sucked, but the guest questions from Mary Katharine Ham were excellent. She's great, as always.

WTF? Christie put all the shots in the ten ring. Rubio's mortally wounded, he just hasn't bled out yet

ETA: You're defending him and YOU hardly mention him except in the runner up list

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    WTF? Christie put all the shots in the ten ring. Rubio's mortally wounded, he just hasn't bled out yet

ETA: You're defending him and YOU hardly mention him except in the runner up list

Because people are saying he "lost", which is nonsense.

He didn't "win", but he had a great last half.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Have you seen the mash-ups? Twenty five seconds is the new na-na-na-na-nineteen

I can make any candidate look like a tool in a mashup.

All the media is going after him today, I figured INGO members would be a little better than buying into the media narrative.

Mmm sippin water

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Whatever makes you feel better. I'm pretty sure when something goes instantaneously viral 'the media' doesn't have as much to do with it as does the candidate actually looking like a tool. To paraphrase a popular meme, "If a fat pussbag can take you down, how can you stand up to Putin?" ROFL

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Whatever makes you feel better.

I think my view of it was pretty honest. He didn't do the best, but he recovered fine. That's exactly what happened, and thinking otherwise is a bit misguided. I don't need to "feel better" about it, it's just how it is.

If it makes you feel better to say he didn't do well, that's fine too. /shrug

I'm not fawning over him here, just saying that's what happened. Did you watch it all? He made me cringe early on, then he recovered pretty well on every other topic.

Another way to put it: The Rubio robot repeat is really getting a lot of traction among people who watch Saturday night debates and don't support Rubio.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think my view of it was pretty honest. He didn't do the best, but he recovered fine. That's exactly what happened, and thinking otherwise is a bit misguided. I don't need to "feel better" about it, it's just how it is.

If it makes you feel better to say he didn't do well, that's fine too. /shrug

I'm not fawning over him here, just saying that's what happened. Did you watch it all? He made me cringe early on, then he recovered pretty well on every other topic.

Another way to put it: The Rubio robot repeat is really getting a lot of traction among people who watch Saturday night debates and don't support Rubio.

It's really pretty simple. If you're a Carson guy, Cruz is the ultimate purveyor of dirty tricks. If you're a Trump guy, then whoever is giving him the most competition is an establishment goon or a low energy, not-ready-for-prime-time-loser. If you're Cruz supporter, you're smart, good looking, and a very astute observer of the political landscape.

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom