• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Have I mentioned that a neighbor from when I was a kid, who used to babysit me, was the "governess" for Tiffany Trump (Donald's daughter with Marla Maples) and that the husband of of that family used to be on the Donald's personal staff?

How many degrees of separation does that make me from the presumptive nominee?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know. And I know you know I know. In case it went by you, I was goofing around in that post...the written form of an evil scientist laugh (as best as I could do anyway) should be an indicator.

I know that you know that I know that you know. That was just for the benefit of those who don't know what you know, or what I know. You know? :cool:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Have I mentioned that a neighbor from when I was a kid, who used to babysit me, was the "governess" for Tiffany Trump (Donald's daughter with Marla Maples) and that the husband of of that family used to be on the Donald's personal staff?

[video=youtube;yazr8JkazmE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yazr8JkazmE[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Dude. I would totally be shocked if you're not in his will. :D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    At least one of the three isn't hell-bent on destroying the republic as a matter of personal principle.

I'm sure none of the three thinks that's what they're doing... or would admit it in public.

Soros makes no plausible secret of his ambitions to destroy nation-states in favor of a globalist arrangement in his own image. Bloomberg has a stable leftist record of habitually undermining the foundation of the republic. Trump, as far back as I can remember, has considered his personal strength and well-being to rest upon the strength of the United States, which even if he is far from being my dream candidate, he brings to the table a virtue that no one else is. Given some of Cruz's connections and benefactors, and the fact that he was for the trans-pacific trade treaty before he was against it in response to pushback, it seems that we are back down to Trump as the non-globalist in the room. Yes, I would like a more reliably conservative individual, but at least he understands which country to whom he is supposed to be loyal, which is an increasingly rare virtue in Washington.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump suggesting the US default on debt may be one of his more radical ideas

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/07/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Josh Marshall said:
    On CNBC this morning Trump suggested that one strategy he'll use for reducing the national debt is having bond holders accept "haircuts". To be clear what that means, he'll try to get people who own US Treasury bonds and are owed X to accept X/2, or some reduced amount of what they are owed.

That's called defaulting on a debt obligation

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Obama on election: 'This is not entertainment' - CNNPolitics.com

It's funny how much some conservatives sound like Obama.

"I just want to emphasize the degree of which we are in serious times, and this is a really serious job. This is not entertainment. This is not a reality show. This is a contest for the presidency of the United States."

"What I'm concerned about is the degree to which reporting and information starts emphasizing the spectacle of the circus because that's not something we can afford," Obama said. "And the American people, they've got good judgment, they have good instincts, as long as they as have good information."

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/07/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

A partial repudiation is the ONLY thing the US can do with its debt. Seigniorage has limits that we are basically at already because of our modern financial system.

Thus, repudiation of the interest at least--if not the principal, in part-- seems inevitable.

check out this article:Jeffrey Rogers Hummel, Why Default on U.S. Treasuries is Likely | Library of Economics and Liberty

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Are you going to give birth to enough children to work off that debt, and make sure that you have many many grandchildren?

Because if you're not, you're effectively shafting our ability to pay off our debt.

It's not a radical ideal, as it's impractical, not only impractical, but impossible to pay off that kind of money. That's a significant portion of the entire planet's GDP.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Obama on election: 'This is not entertainment' - CNNPolitics.com

It's funny how much some conservatives sound like Obama.

"I just want to emphasize the degree of which we are in serious times, and this is a really serious job. This is not entertainment. This is not a reality show. This is a contest for the presidency of the United States."

"What I'm concerned about is the degree to which reporting and information starts emphasizing the spectacle of the circus because that's not something we can afford," Obama said. "And the American people, they've got good judgment, they have good instincts, as long as they as have good information."

Says the "most transparent administration in modern history."

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Says the "most transparent administration in modern history."

I find it most ironic that he has the nerve to act like he hasn't treated the presidency like a reality TV show.

I guess ordering bombings on Yemen family weddings is a bit too heavy for even reality TV, though...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I find it most ironic that he has the nerve to act like he hasn't treated the presidency like a reality TV show.

I guess ordering bombings on Yemen family weddings is a bit too heavy for even reality TV, though...

In defense, I've been told you can't throw a rock anywhere in Yemen without it hitting a family wedding. :rolleyes:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    After Trump was named presumptive nominee last night, Google search "Libertarian Party" skyrocketed

Cho8cEnUUAIk_mS.jpg:large

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom