Not open for further replies.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Yes to the polls. I didn't mention anything about polls in my post. I'm just saying in general I think there are people that are voting for Trump that are not out thumping their chest that they support Trump. That's just my gut feeling, nothing scientific about it. In my day to day activities I don't see much support for Trump, I don't see Trump bumper stickers, banners, signs, etc. But apparently there are people that vote for him.

I think this is spot on. I am sure there are people that like what he is saying and how he doesn't bow down to political correctness but don't openly campaign for him for fear of being labeled racist, mysogonist, etc.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The silent majority don't vote.

(Insert every voter turnout lamentation here.)

The closest we get in primaries are a quiet plurality. IMHO, Trump supporters are not quiet, although they do appear to be a plurality.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I could see many voters voting for Trump that are not going to openly support him. Silent majority.

In the past week, with absolutely no influence from me, I've seen two people in my family go from pro-Cruz to pro-Trump. These are the types who are the core Cruz constituency. If he's lost them, I can understand why his overall support is eroding.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was #250 or so at around 7:30.

This is my first Presidential in this district, so I can't really compare it to much... but previous elections around that time, I was closer to #20 or 30.

My larger hope after today: We (INGO) can stop ****ting on each other. Our election is over, there is no more convincing one another to change their minds. Each person will have done their part with their vote, and we can go back to discussing the election overall (rather than Trump v Cruz), the party overall, and be less abrasive altogether.

Meh, we'll see.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

This is my first Presidential in this district, so I can't really compare it to much... but previous elections around that time, I was closer to #20 or 30.

My larger hope after today: We (INGO) can stop ****ting on each other. Our election is over, there is no more convincing one another to change their minds. Each person will have done their part with their vote, and we can go back to discussing the election overall (rather than Trump v Cruz), the party overall, and be less abrasive altogether.

Meh, we'll see.

Don't count on it. We'll still have the "...if you take your ball and go home and don't vote for Trump, you're in effect voting for Hillary..." battles looming.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My larger hope after today: We (INGO) can stop ****ting on each other.

First, maybe I haven't had enough coffee, but by diggity, I can't figure out the asterisk part. Hitting on each other? Flouting on each other? Farting on each other? Shorting on each other? Floating on each other?

I need more coffee.

Our election is over, there is no more convincing one another to change their minds. Each person will have done their part with their vote, and we can go back to discussing the election overall (rather than Trump v Cruz), the party overall, and be less abrasive altogether.
    Second, welcome to INGO! Clearly, you are new here. :D

Actually, maybe we'll go back to discussing less emotional things. Like how wacky Orthodoxy is. ;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First, maybe I haven't had enough coffee, but by diggity, I can't figure out the asterisk part. Hitting on each other? Flouting on each other? Farting on each other? Shorting on each other? Floating on each other?

I need more coffee.

Actually, maybe we'll go back to discussing less emotional things. Like how wacky Orthodoxy is. ;)

Critting. Way too many people here rolling 20s.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes to the polls. I didn't mention anything about polls in my post. I'm just saying in general I think there are people that are voting for Trump that are not out thumping their chest that they support Trump. That's just my gut feeling, nothing scientific about it. In my day to day activities I don't see much support for Trump, I don't see Trump bumper stickers, banners, signs, etc. But apparently there are people that vote for him.

I thought you were referring to all the undecided in the polls that were being discussed. My apologies if not.

I forgot to check what number I was. But there was a line to check in, and wait to use the machines. There were more people there this morning to vote than there were at the last general. At least in my experience.

Don't count on it. We'll still have the "...if you take your ball and go home and don't vote for Trump, you're in effect voting for Hillary..." battles looming.

Unfortunately QFT.

I. Am. So. Freaking. Old.

Why yes, yes you are. :):

Unfortunately I also understood the reference. :(

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I need more coffee.

Seems obvious to he he means "****ting on each other". What can't you get about that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Seems obvious to he he means "****ting on each other". What can't you get about that.

It was the double-T that was throwing me off. :D

Plus, you're just smarter than me. Heck, all of INGO is.

I'm just a poor old unfrozen cave man lawyer....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Speaking of a bully pulpit, just wait and see how things go when he has the power to do something about all the "horrible" and "disgraceful" things that daddy-Cruz is allowed to say.

Technically, the IRS could investigate such political statements. Won't that be lovely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom