• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    My apologies if offense was taken. It was not intended.

Might be just me, but your posts seem to reflect a fairly strong liberal bias? :twocents:

Compared to most here on INGO, I'm not as far to the right. I am of the opinion that the government needs to stay out of things as much as it can be. That train of thought pisses off most conservatives and liberals alike.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Compared to most here on INGO, I'm not as far to the right. I am of the opinion that the government needs to stay out of things as much as it can be. That train of thought pisses off most conservatives and liberals alike.

Just as an observer, my opinion of your posts is that you go out of your way to slam conservatives at any opportunity.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Just as an observer, my opinion of your posts is that you go out of your way to slam conservatives at any opportunity.

Not at every opportunity. There are a number of real conservatives I can get behind. I'll slam a dumb conservative just as easily as a dumb liberal. This being a gun forum I'm going to run into a lot more conservatives than liberals. Many seem to think that because I criticize one of their own means that I'm for the other side, when it's really not the case. I don't really see myself adding anything meaningful if I just blamed liberals and Obama for ruining everything. It's like yeah I agree to some extent, but how is your guy any better when he just wants to be a social statist as opposed to an economic statist. Either way we lose. So I might as well question it. BTW, I've taken no offense, this isn't the first time I've explained my views to someone on here.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    good lord this guy is a ****ing dullard. he has to be saying this crap for attention.

CRe3RQYU8AAlBcY.jpg:large

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, that was not cool. I shouldn't be surprised that he said it, but I was a little taken aback. So I am to infer that if Trump had been president, 9/11 wouldn't have happened. I think he's been drinking too much of his own kool-aid.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    good lord this guy is a ****ing dullard. he has to be saying this crap for attention...

He's trying to start a fight with Jeb and it's working. At least one of the talking heads is on to his methodology and calling it smart. Trump didn't say it was Bush's fault, just that it happened on Bush's watch, which is the truth.

Trump knows he needs to be in the news headline. This is doing it and, businessman smart, it is cost free. All the while, pushing Jeb down a little farther toward extinction (a good thing regardless.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He's trying to start a fight with Jeb and it's working. At least one of the talking heads is on to his methodology and calling it smart. Trump didn't say it was Bush's fault, just that it happened on Bush's watch, which is the truth.

Trump knows he needs to be in the news headline. This is doing it and, businessman smart, it is cost free. All the while, pushing Jeb down a little farther toward extinction (a good thing regardless.)

Eh, even Bush is higher on my list than Trump. Webb, too... and he's running as a Democrat.

Edit: Although it looks like bush may be on the way down.

Jeb Bush slashes campaign salaries

I find that odd. I figured a 'Bush' would be getting all the funding.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Eh, even Bush is higher on my list than Trump. Webb, too... and he's running as a Democrat.

Edit: Although it looks like bush may be on the way down.

Jeb Bush slashes campaign salaries

I find that odd. I figured a 'Bush' would be getting all the funding.

Trump is outsmarting the competition. His tactics are working.

I don't think Trump will last, but everybody thought he was going to be out months ago, so you never know. Good to see Carson giving him a run.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    WIBC made up it's own facts. Shocking.

I didn't hear the report so I have no idea the context or what exactly they reported. But I think at most I would say their facts are out of date. The reporting of the Bush campaign fundraising "juggernaut" have been ubiquitous. The slowing has been a fairly recent thing.

I think POTUS press pool had a very balanced discussion of the most relevant facts of his campaign finances during their Friday round table. The reporters taking part were the guest-host IsaacDovere from Politico, Josh Gerstein from Politico, Colleen Nelson from WSJ, and Steven Dennis from Roll Call. Not exactly a panel of right wingnut extremists.

They said that he's still raising a lot of money compared to most other candidates, just not the kind of numbers he was posting earlier in his campaign. The slowed funding is definitely compounding his most immediate problem, which is high burn rate and ultimately, cash on hand. Another thing affecting his cash on hand, a lot of the "juggernaut" money he raised is designated for the general election. He can't touch that now.

He raised $13.4M in the 3rd quarter, which is a lot, comparatively. But he spent $11.5M. An 86% burn rate sucks. So now he has ~10M cash on hand which isn't much more than what some of the mid tier candidates have.

The Donald is taking his toll. Bush is having to spend a lot of money to compete, and he hasn't handled Trump very well at all. That's scaring off a lot of donors.

I think Bush's decision to cut spending was to stop the bleeding and just settle into the long game. Bets still are that Trump will eventually fade out and then Bush can build things back up. But news like campaign money problems just scare off more donors. Who knows. Maybe Bush will get knocked out fairly early. Probably too much to hope for.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I would agree with that assessment in your last paragraph, jamil. WIBC reported the same as the article I posted. Bush is currently second among Republicans in fund raising. It should not come as a surprise that a Bush is not spending money wisely. GWB was the worst president in history for that at the time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, not really. In response to Jeb Bush saying his brother kept us safe, Trump said 'Say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time'. That's not saying that Bush caused 911, which is implied by the title. It's saying Bush has nothing to brag about when it all started on his watch. But in Bush's defense, it happened 8+ months into his first term. 911 was probably a foregone conclusion before Bush ever took office. If Bush is any bit to blame for 911 Bill Clinton is even more so.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Well, not really. In response to Jeb Bush saying his brother kept us safe, Trump said 'Say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time'. That's not saying that Bush caused 911, which is implied by the title. It's saying Bush has nothing to brag about when it all started on his watch. But in Bush's defense, it happened 8+ months into his first term. 911 was probably a foregone conclusion before Bush ever took office. If Bush is any bit to blame for 911 Bill Clinton is even more so.

Somebody somewhere did not do their job is what it really boils down to. With Bush being the commander in chief, to think that he got no warning of it is really unlikely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom