Mitchell
    :laugh:

image_zpsuqwwbpy2.jpeg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Excuse me for reading between the lines but this doesn't sound entirely sincere.

lbuo5vf.png
    This is the first time I saw that - not a big social media GenXer. :)

Cynically, I'll find it more credible when she sues them.

Related, this will somewhat be a test of the "Any time they spell your name right" thesis. If Cruz gets a bump in the polls, then this entire cycle will have jumped the shark.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How does that support Ted Cruz's claim that Trump was involved with the National Enquirer running this specific story?

Cruz's allegation here is no different, in any way whatsoever, from Trump alleging that Cruz was involved with a SuperPAC's attack ad.

​Ab-so-lutely!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Alright, let's stop with the tabloid distraction. If you guys want to discuss it or take it seriously, the "Trump" thread would be perfect. Or hell, make a whole new thread just for that.

Back to actual GOP race articles.

What A Two-Front War To Deny Trump The Nomination Could Look Like | FiveThirtyEight

Votes based on education levels, per candidate

CeaZXezXEAAjxUN.png:large

Kinda looks like Rubasich/Kasubio is your best candidate. And just how many jurisdictions are there nationwide that are 1/3 BA/BS or higher relative to how many 20% BA/BS or less. I'm not sure a good winning strategy would be to win in 10 to 20% of all jurisdictions

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well DUH, his presidency would make them unbelievably easy cash.

But if the article is a lie, they can be sued into bankruptcy, so I'd be pretty shocked if the story was a lie.

Yeah. It's not like the National Enquirer has ever been sued for lying. Probably the first time that happens, yeah. They'll be bankrupt.

Is your issue with his repeated use of "Lyin' Ted"?

An honest look at it considers the entirety of Trump's remarks in the campaign, the tone and purpose of those remarks, and then make judgements on what he most likely meant. Maybe it was simply what you think it is. His reputation allows for some reading between the lines. You're welcome to selectively ignore Trump's past behavior.

To me, none of this matters. If it's true, Cruz will bow out embarrassed and rejected. If it's not true, he'll be out soon enough anyway. Trump will win. America will lose. And Hillary Clinton will be sworn in next January. What's going on is just part of the freak show that is the Republican primary season, starting The Donald.

If that's all you surmise from that comment by Trump, you might want to check your confirmation bias.

I think you're onto something.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    How pathetic that after eight years of Obama, and with Hillary the Felon leading the Dems, the GOP is reduced to this puerile mud-slinging.

A pox on the entire process. America will clearly deserve whatever fate is about to befall her.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The gap continues to grow.

But "something something doesn't matter" from those in denial.

RCP averages with new CBS/NYT added:
    Clinton 48.8 Trump 39.8 (-9.0)
    Clinton 46.8 Cruz 46 (-0.8)
    Clinton 42.0 Kasich 47.0 (+5.0)

"But I lead in all the polls."

CNN gives Clinton a huge 37 point lead over Trump among college grads. Tied among those without a degree

CeHIW3DUIAEMo13.jpg:large

WH2016: General

4utd0y.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'd agree that general election polls, before candidates face each other head to head, are not much more than the conjecture that happens before the Superbowl. Usually, though, by the start of the fourth quarter you have a fair idea of whose gonna win if it's not all that close.

As I've said, I'm fairly resolved that I'm gonna have to hold my nose and vote for Trump in the general election. At this point I have serious doubts if he can win, and I also have serious doubts about what he's going to do if he does win. But I want Hillary to lose. So I'm voting for not-Hillary to win. Damn I hate our system.

I'm encouraged by Bernie's showing yesterday. The more these neo-moonbeams worship the Bern the harder will be their will destroyed when Hillary crushes him with the Democrat establishment's super-delegate blessing. I want the bitterness against Hillary such that they can't drag themselves to the polls. I think it's the only chance for not-Hillary to win because most of the electorate thinks that it's anathema to vote for Trump.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom