• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hold on, hoss. Way to impugn hundreds, thousands, of people who do public service because the are genuinely trying to help make things better.

BTDT.

Few and far between, especially among those who spend a lifetime in congress.

Surviving off the American tax payer isn't exactly a 1 or 2 term office holder, that's not surviving. They've had to work a regular job.

Spending a lifetime in political office has little to do with trying to help to make things better.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Surviving off the American tax payer isn't exactly a 1 or 2 term office holder, that's not surviving. They've had to work a regular job.

Spending a lifetime in political office has little to do with trying to help to make things better.

It's not the paycheck you have to lookout for, it's the lobbyist dollars, which don't care how many terms or what you did before.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Brad Thor said:
    Trump supporters - This is your guy. Own him. And don't tell us not to fear tyranny from a man this casually vile.

CeWei_SUsAArEyY.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/BradThor/status/713150440498659329

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Anyone who would facilitate, much less vote for, Hilary Clinton is not a Republican.

Yes, "blacklists" for members of a party, merely for supporting a candidate within that party, are Fascist.

Anyone who would facilitate, much less vote for, Hilary Clinton is not a Republican.

I'm sure there may be some Republican voters who support Trump, who will not vote for the Republican nominee if they believe that Trump, after earning the nomination, has it stolen from him.

Because national polls at this point are meaningful. Those same polls show Bernie beating Republican Nominee X, as well.

Who exactly appointed you lord high arbiter of who is and isn't a R?

Why exactly is it Fascist? Other than of course you say so as Lord High Arbiter.

The people I'm referring to believe themselves to be R, I'd better have them check in with you though to be sure. And unless he meets the minimum amount of delegates before the convention, how can he have it stolen, it's not his to begin with.

Oh that's right as Lord High Arbiter of polls, you can decide when and which ones count, right?

I get all that. I'm fine with all of that. But how can the party push adamant adherence to rules it set with respect to delegates, while at the same time criticizing participation in open primaries, which are also established based on the rules of the party?

I thought the rules of the primaries were set by state law? Which is why some states have primaries, some caucuses, some open, some closed, some winner take all, some proportional, some...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm left to wonder how 'carpet bombing ISIS' shows the requisite care to avoid the genocide of which you speak.

Cue the people explaining what Ted 'really' meant in 1...2...3...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's not the paycheck you have to lookout for, it's the lobbyist dollars, which don't care how many terms or what you did before.

Fair point, but that also makes an argument for someone like Trump.

I'm left to wonder how 'carpet bombing ISIS' shows the requisite care to avoid the genocide of which you speak.

It'll turn into an irrelevant argument about "intent."

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

What makes sand glow in the dark?

[video=youtube;ydRyBAURKuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydRyBAURKuc[/video]

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Hah "cue someone addressing my question in 1, 2...."
    Very cute.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't like Cruz talking about targeted carpet bombings, obviously one of the many terribly ideas he's had. Im also upset by the inexcusable blurring of the lines between "acceptable" collateral damage and indiscriminate killing with a vaguely military target, however that said, there is absolutely a solid, hard line between that and intentionally targeting civilians.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hadn't thought of that. Since hedonism is in with the religious right, this could be a real draw for them.

Meh! I don't think the "religious right" is as vast as some would contend. When most of them have had affairs and/or multiple marriages, they're probably not all that religious.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

You ever tried anything like it? Homeowner's association? Board of Trustees for a charity? Totally just curious.

This "I pay your salary" thing is usually a cop out for ridiculing something the person has never actually tried to do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You ever tried anything like it? Homeowner's association? Board of Trustees for a charity? Totally just curious.

This "I pay your salary" thing is usually a cop out for ridiculing something the person has never actually tried to do.

I agree with what you're saying. However, I just wanted to point out there is a legitimate use of "I pay your salary", which in no way condemns public work as not being "honest work" but further defines honest work as taking responsibility for your conduct representing the people who pay the taxes that pays your salary.

Concerning Trump, I think it requires muscling past the cognitive dissonance produced by supporting the candidate who pays politicians in exchange for favoritism while saying politicians shouldn't take payment in exchange for favoritism.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Who exactly appointed you lord high arbiter of who is and isn't a R?

Why exactly is it Fascist? Other than of course you say so as Lord High Arbiter.

The people I'm referring to believe themselves to be R, I'd better have them check in with you though to be sure. And unless he meets the minimum amount of delegates before the convention, how can he have it stolen, it's not his to begin with.

Oh that's right as Lord High Arbiter of polls, you can decide when and which ones count, right?

I thought the rules of the primaries were set by state law? Which is why some states have primaries, some caucuses, some open, some closed, some winner take all, some proportional, some...

Voting for Hilary Clinton is a fairly bright-line determining factor. Anyone who votes for Hilary Clinton is not a Republican. I'll stand by that, regardless of what snarky names you want to call me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom