Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It would appear that an even larger majority of Republicans don't want either Cruz or Kasich.

And I find it interesting that the party is adamant that Trump and his voters/supporters must accept the rules of the game as they are played, with respect to delegates, the convention, and nomination rules - but at the same time, criticize voters for playing the game by the rules, with respect to primary elections. Just as Trump must accept the rules that could result in a contested convention, the party must accept the rules that cause many primaries to be open.

I disagree. We can't know how people would vote head to head. Saying that in a race of 15 Republicans, because 20 to 30 percent of them vote for trump doesn't say that he would win head to head against everyone else if each of them were alone against Trump. Because we're not asking that question. In our system, we're asking of all the candidates in the field, which *one* do you want as president.

A more representative way would be ranking them. The experiment I ran using ranked-order voting is a good example of how it works to representation what people want. Granted, INGO heavily favors Cruz. But Trump did receive several first place votes. However, of 26 participants Trump ranked 2nd place zero times. On INGO at least, you either love Trump or you hate him.

However, with Cruz, he scored first place 12 times out of 26, but he scored in the top 3 ranking 22 times. Now, of course polling only a population of INGO voters, it's not at all representative of how America votes. I wasn't trying to show that. I was trying to show a better representation of candidates head to head, albeit the domain was limited to INGO posters who happened to notice the thread. If there are 10 candidates, your third place candidate has beaten the remaining 7. If we did that in America, that number aggregated with every voter is much more representative than what we have. And I can see why you guys wouldn't like that, because Trump would have lost.

We probably wouldn't have to worry about Clinton winning in that kind of system because too many people hate her. Hillary would win a lot of first place votes among democrats, but probably, the people that don't rank her at the top would rank her at the bottom, much like with Trump.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The problem with the Gary Johnson train is that it has a Hillary caboose.

The problem with the Johnson train is the contact high you get from the smokestack... :D

Agree with TLex - not sure I like those two things mentioned together.

Also ANY mention of Hillary's caboose, well - where's that "turn green and hurl" icon again??

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Oh, those poor, micro-aggressed Emory students. The horror of having to see "Trump 2016" scrawled in chalk on a sidewalk:

At Emory University, Writing 'Trump 2016' on Sidewalk Is a Racist Microaggression, Unsafe - Hit & Run : Reason.com

2mw9wkz.jpg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    If it isn't worth fighting for, it isn't worth it to begin with.

Fighting for, I get... Yelling, screaming, insulting, and generally pissing one another off *when it will do no good* is another matter. THAT was more my point. But hey - back to the flamethrowing if ya think it'll help.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Fighting for, I get... Yelling, screaming, insulting, and generally pissing one another off *when it will do no good* is another matter. THAT was more my point. But hey - back to the flamethrowing if ya think it'll help.

Ahh! You must be new to INGO. :welcome:

I can't speak for anyone else but as for me, I'm not pissed off. I disagree with Tomb and Chip on their Trump support and their Cruz criticism but I'm not mad at them. I'll gladlly meet up and have a cold beverage of their choice, any time. We agree on a great many things and I'm not putting them on my ignore list or anything because what is being said here. It's just politics and it's kind of fun to spar and argue. :D

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

I can't speak for anyone else but as for me, I'm not pissed off. I disagree with Tomb and Chip on their Trump support and their Cruz criticism but I'm not mad at them. I'll gladlly meet up and have a cold beverage of their choice, any time. We agree on a great many things and I'm not putting them on my ignore list or anything because what is being said here. It's just politics and it's kind of fun to spar and argue. :D

I guess my thinking is that IF WE ARE going to build some kind of coalition after the primaries to beat the Witch - we're going to need all we can get. I have (as everyone knows) some BIG reservations about if it's possible. But if we're to have ANY chance....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I agree with that. I'm not mad at them either. But I do like poking fun where fun is due. And I don't take it personally when they poke back.

More honest than politics. (How did you not see this coming?)

How did you not see that it then just becomes an argument of degree? Not that we expect politicians or real estate tycoons to be truthful, but if you have to argue between which is least dishonest, both sides have kinda lost already.

My lying douche bag is more honest than your lying douche bag doesn't leave much hope.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    How did you not see that it then just becomes an argument of degree? Not that we expect politicians or real estate tycoons to be truthful, but if you have to argue between which is least dishonest, both sides have kinda lost already.

My lying douche bag is more honest than your lying douche bag doesn't leave much hope.

One creates wealth, one takes it from the American tax payer to survive.

I think there's a significant difference in defining "honest work" in this scenario.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think there's a significant difference in defining "honest work" in this scenario.

Back in the day, the term "honest work" meant earning your pay by honest means. Have you read the art of the deal?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hold on, hoss. Way to impugn hundreds, thousands, of people who do public service because the are genuinely trying to help make things better.

BTDT.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

I agree with this for most on here, the advocating genocide ...I think I'd avoid getting a drink with anyone holding that view.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom