Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Man how do I get into this "establishment" thing. Sounds like a sweet gig.

Edit: Not sure how accurate this story is... but Breitbart journos could use a little abuse now and again -

Trump campaign manager gets rough with Breitbart reporter
    He must not have recognized the reporter given Breitbart's Trump coverage so far. She probably wanted to ask if being so great and not properly appreciated was tiring.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Edit: Not sure how accurate this story is... but Breitbart journos could use a little abuse now and again -

Trump campaign manager gets rough with Breitbart reporter

Oh, I dunno. I'm kinda partial to redhead reporters.

article-2563253-1BA68F0F00000578-788_634x426.jpg

Fields was attempting to ask Trump a question as he exited the press conference. Secret Service was starting to clear a path, when Fields was forcibly grabbed on her arm by Lewandowski, moving her out of the way and nearly bringing her down to the ground...

If you don't like reporters. Don't do press conferences.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    how do i economy.

Bigger story here is he doesn't actually understand what a trade deficit is. but it's ok because he says words and they sound good weeeeeee

CdKpHoPWwAA9G5z.jpg:large

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Heya GPIahuarhushnuhufashd,

Camille Paglia from Salon posted that she thinks Trump could be president. Not that he should be, but offers her take on why/how he is resonating. Can you do your internetzesis archivosis magic for a link? :) I think some INGOers might find it interesting. Or controversial. Or not understand it at all.

Thx!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Heya GPIahuarhushnuhufashd,

Camille Paglia from Salon posted that she thinks Trump could be president. Not that he should be, but offers her take on why/how he is resonating. Can you do your internetzesis archivosis magic for a link? :) I think some INGOers might find it interesting. Or controversial. Or not understand it at all.

Thx!

Heh.

(Archive) I was wrong about Donald Trump: Camille Paglia on the GOP front-runner’s refreshing candor (and his impetuousness, too)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If I couldn't get a smaller government, but I could get one that was more efficient, I'm not going to complain a whole lot.

Sorry, my point was that Trump knows absolutely nothing about making government smaller or more efficient. He has never done the work. All he knows how to do is write checks.

That is not going to work.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Sorry, my point was that Trump knows absolutely nothing about making government smaller or more efficient. He has never done the work. All he knows how to do is write checks.

That is not going to work.

And neither has anyone else running in this election. Do you really think government is going to get smaller under Rubio or Cruz? No way, neither party is going to allow it. Trump is by no means the most qualified to do so, but I'm willing to take a chance with him. I know I'm getting empty rhetorical dreck from Cruz and Rubio. One thing I can give Trump is he knows he has to negotiate, while Cruz and Rubio will put fingers in their ears and say "I can't hear you!" to the most basic problems that are affecting the population.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And neither has anyone else running in this election.
    Now that Carson and Fiorina are out, every one of the other candidates has experience in government - actually doing the work, not buying the results.

Do you really think government is going to get smaller under Rubio or Cruz? No way, neither party is going to allow it. Trump is by no means the most qualified to do so, but I'm willing to take a chance with him. I know I'm getting empty rhetorical dreck from Cruz and Rubio. One thing I can give Trump is he knows he has to negotiate, while Cruz and Rubio will put fingers in their ears and say "I can't hear you!" to the most basic problems that are affecting the population.
    My friend, this is like hiring a plumber to do surgery on your colon. I mean, he knows how to clean out plumbing, so there's really no difference.

All the candidates have varying amounts of substance. My issue with Trump is that the substance he provides is scarier than the emptiness he avoids.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Trump is a Dream Supporter?

[video]http://www.examiner.com/article/donald-trump-agrees-with-parts-of-the-dream-act-video[/video]

Trump supports Common Core?
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/02/11/trump-lets-slip-were-going-to-keep-common-core/

Trump supports Clinton Foundation?
    Trump gave at least $100K to Clinton Foundation | TheHill

I could go on and on with Planned Parenthood, late term abortions, etc. He has been on both sides of every issue.
    I guess he is part of the uni-party establishment as well.

That Trump has been on multiple sides of multiple issues is one of my biggest concerns with him. We have no idea what we're going to get when he gets in office.

But the question was whether or not Carly Fiorina was part of the GOPe. Also: there's a difference between being on multiple sides of issues (Trump) and simply being on the wrong side of those issues (Fiorina).

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Now that Carson and Fiorina are out, every one of the other candidates has experience in government - actually doing the work, not buying the results.

My friend, this is like hiring a plumber to do surgery on your colon. I mean, he knows how to clean out plumbing, so there's really no difference.

All the candidates have varying amounts of substance. My issue with Trump is that the substance he provides is scarier than the emptiness he avoids.

The Fed.Gov doesn't need a surgeon. It needs a demolition crew.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    there's a difference between being on multiple sides of issues (Trump) and simply being on the wrong side of those issues (Fiorina).

So the Trumpster hasn't been on the wrong side of an issue? Interesting to note. Your original post listed positions that Fiorina had and then flip flopped on, just like the Trump. I don't care who you are supporting, just don't pretend "your guy" is something he isn't. He says everything is negotiable. He says he is a deal maker. As I understand it, his book on the Deal says to take far out positions to try to move your opposition further in your direction. I don't think we are going to see any real change if he gets in, just more of the same.

[video=youtube;NglssDgZ-yE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NglssDgZ-yE[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, no disagreement there!

Is Trump acting the salesman, or are his platform and rhetoric sincere? That's the million- (billion? trillion?) dollar question.
    I go back to the last Fox debate (I think... they all blend together after awhile) where he was specifically asked about the EPA and drug subsidies. Fox had graphics that showed his numbers were... unpossible, to put it lightly. He talked around it.

I bring that up to say that he cannot deliver on what he is promising, even if he could do it in a legal sense. And I'm not sure he can, without a constitutional crisis, which may also be part of his thinking.

Private businesses typically have a strong executive in terms of powers. Trump, most certainly, is a strong executive. He would probably do everything he can to make the presidency a strong executive. But, is that what we really want?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

I get that it's worrisome to a lot of people. It's not the amount of substance, its the quality of the substance. Trump sounds like he's the only one who legit cares about the average joe.. And that's saying a LOT. That's just enough for many voters. He's the only one that's been going after the reasons why many voters think the recovery hasn't gotten to them even if the numbers say otherwise.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So the Trumpster hasn't been on the wrong side of an issue? Interesting to note. Your original post listed positions that Fiorina had and then flip flopped on, just like the Trump. I don't care who you are supporting, just don't pretend "your guy" is something he isn't. He says everything is negotiable. He says he is a deal maker. As I understand it, his book on the Deal says to take far out positions to try to move your opposition further in your direction. I don't think we are going to see any real change if he gets in, just more of the same.

I don't dispute your concerns with/criticism of Trump; I agree with them. (He's not "my guy". I don't have "a guy".) That Trump has been on multiple sides of multiple issues is the reason that I'm not an outright supporter (he's more my default vote if the election were held today, because I cannot vote for Cruz, Rubio, or Kasich).

But I will say that, having heard what Trump said in context, I have zero problem with the way-overblown "everything is a negotiation" comment. Everything *is* a negotiation. What is critical is where the hard lines are drawn, beyond which you will not compromise. Trump was quite clear: he wants to build a wall. He'll negotiate on the details of the wall (the example he gave was the height of the wall), but will not negotiate on building the wall itself. I have zero problem with that statement, in general.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I get that it's worrisome to a lot of people. It's not the amount of substance, its the quality of the substance. Trump sounds like he's the only one who legit cares about the average joe.. And that's saying a LOT. That's just enough for many voters. He's the only one that's been going after the reasons why many voters think the recovery hasn't gotten to them even if the numbers say otherwise.

Ironically, the "he cares" is what appears to have gotten GW and Obama elected.

You may have the right answer in terms of electability.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    how do i economy.

Bigger story here is he doesn't actually understand what a trade deficit is. but it's ok because he says words and they sound good weeeeeee

You don't understand - it's a big, beautiful we can all be proud of. Screw a trip to the Grand Canyon - go get you photo taken in front of the wall.

Plus, it's got electrolytes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom