Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think that's a very reasonable position. Parents have a right to decide, but schools also have a right to decide not to allow students who haven't been vaccinated for highly communicable diseases.

As long as compulsory education laws remain on the books, people are forced to attend, and then forced to take risky drugs. That is not right.

I would have praised her if she would leave off the statement about schools.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As long as compulsory education laws remain on the books, people are forced to attend, and then forced to take risky drugs. That is not right.

You have options in Indiana and I think in most states. If nothing else, should you make the decision to not vaccinate but the state has made attendance mandatory, you can home school. There might even I be private schools around that would accept your unvaccinated child.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

It is compulsory if you choose not to home school. If people are so afraid of vaccines then they should home school their kids. It all depends on what they value most. Send your kids to school, get them vaccinated against the very small chance of something happening. I can understand why some people are afraid of vaccines, but the chance is just too small to justify IMO.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is compulsory if you choose not to home school. If people are so afraid of vaccines then they should home school their kids. It all depends on what they value most. Send your kids to school, get them vaccinated against the very small chance of something happening. I can understand why some people are afraid of vaccines, but the chance is just too small to justify IMO.
    I think you can get a philosophical or religious exemption in Indiana to attend school anyway.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think you can get a philosophical or religious exemption in Indiana to attend school anyway.

Nope. There is no philosophical exemption in Indiana. Only medical and religious.

And if fall outside those narrow categories, you are not exempt and subject to forced vaccines.

If you are an atheist with no known medical history, the exemptions do nothing for you.

You have options in Indiana and I think in most states. If nothing else, should you make the decision to not vaccinate but the state has made attendance mandatory, you can home school. There might even I be private schools around that would accept your unvaccinated child.

This is like saying, "You have options under Obamacare. Either buy the mandatory insurance, or pay the fine."

Not everyone is affluent, educated, and capable of homeschooling. Not everyone can afford a private school.

How is a single mother, working 2 jobs, going to homeschool? How is a parent with a learning disability going to be a teacher? There are so many scenarios that clearly demonstrate how these "options" fail to accommodate many families.

The result, for these people, is compulsory government schooling, and compulsory shots. If they fail to comply, the statute will have the parents imprisoned.

Its the same "individual mandate" that we all rejected when Obama did it.

If people are so afraid of vaccines then they should home school their kids.

Why not use this logic: "If people are so afraid of getting sick, then they should homeschool their kids."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nope. There is no philosophical exemption in Indiana. Only medical and religious.

And if fall outside those narrow categories, you are not exempt and subject to forced vaccines.

If you are an atheist with no known medical history, the exemptions do nothing for you.

This is like saying, "You have options under Obamacare. Either buy the mandatory insurance, or pay the fine."

Not everyone is affluent, educated, and capable of homeschooling. Not everyone can afford a private school.

How is a single mother, working 2 jobs, going to homeschool? How is a parent with a learning disability going to be a teacher? There are so many scenarios that clearly demonstrate how these "options" fail to accommodate many families.

The result, for these people, is compulsory government schooling, and compulsory shots. If they fail to comply, the statute will have the parents imprisoned.

Why not use this logic: "If people are so afraid of getting sick, then they should homeschool their kids."

Life is full of trade-offs. You know before you take your kid to get vaccinated what the risks are and you know if you don't, you may not be allowed to send them to school. Make your decision based on all of the information at your disposal and live with the consequences. Freedom demands that you live with the consequences of your choices.

As to your other argument: You're arguing apples and oranges. The feds have no constitutional authority, with all due respect to SCOTUS, to enforce SCObamaTUS-care. The states do have the authority to require you send your kids to schools...unless that's hiding in the commerce clause or 14th amendment too.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

You made the choice to have children, so you have to deal with the consequences and choices. If you don't have time to homeschool but don't want to vaccinate your kids then your either going to have to give up your kids or get another job that's more friendly with your time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom