Gtown-ish

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I had it on with the sound off. The highlights will be played over and over and over. :rolleyes:

FNC talking heads like Fiorina as a stand out. I'm happy about that. I like her for VP, if not a cabinet member of some sort.

Im staying tuned for the Trump show later though! :rockwoot:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Too crowded on that stage and too much lunacy and pandering. I'll wait till they pare the field down to the serious candidates later on. I can read the Cliff's Notes on the debacle tomorrow.

"Lunacy and pandering" aren't very serious criticisms coming from someone who has made it very clear that Republican candidates are not an option. It wasn't a debacle. If you're a conservatarian kind of voter like I am, I liked a lot of what I heard.

Substantively, a few candidates participating in the JV debate showed themselves to belong in the varsity debate.

Foirina was the biggest surprise to me. I can't say she should be a front runner but she's clearly a better candidate than I gave her credit for. She kinda has the "*****" persona going, and that could be a problem, but maybe that's what's needed to counter Hillary. Definitely she does belong with the Varsity team and I think her stock will rise.

Gilmore did okay. I don't know much about him, and he's the only candidate that really made me want to learn more about him. He wasn't polished but he articulated his points well. I especially liked his answer on the question about on SCOTUS and "litmus" tests.

Bobby Jindle performed well in terms of "debate", but I just don't like him. He's a smart guy, but just no.

Rick Perry, to me was kinda "meh". Not that I expected him to kill it, but for a Governor of a large economically powerful state like Texas, with the record of economic growth that he presided over, he should be doing much better than he is. That he isn't should say a lot about him as a candidate. He's probably a better leader than he is a candidate. I don't really like him but he probably does belong on the varsity team more than a few people who are in the top 10.

Lindsey Graham seems to be putting all his effort into the whole "defeat them over there so we don't have to defeat them here", kind of schtick. The statement I hated most is when he said that he would do anything to stop ISIL/Iran. Anything? That earns a "not no, but HELL NO" rating from me. Apparently no freedom is safe from Lindsey Graham as long as one terrorist is alive.

Santorum has smarm down pat. He makes me wonder why he's there. He wasted a podium on the stage. He wasted time that could have been devoted to better candidates and better answers. I thought he was the worst performer in the whole debate.

Pataki, as far as performance, did okay. He probably would do well with moderates. I think it's impossible for him to win the Republican nomination. He belongs on the JV team.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "Lunacy and pandering" aren't very serious criticisms coming from someone who has made it very clear that Republican candidates are not an option. It wasn't a debacle. If you're a conservatarian kind of voter like I am, I liked a lot of what I heard.

Substantively, a few candidates participating in the JV debate showed themselves to belong in the varsity debate.

Foirina was the biggest surprise to me. I can't say she should be a front runner but she's clearly a better candidate than I gave her credit for. She kinda has the "*****" persona going, and that could be a problem, but maybe that's what's needed to counter Hillary. Definitely she does belong with the Varsity team and I think her stock will rise.

Gilmore did okay. I don't know much about him, and he's the only candidate that really made me want to learn more about him. He wasn't polished but he articulated his points well. I especially liked his answer on the question about on SCOTUS and "litmus" tests.

Bobby Jindle performed well in terms of "debate", but I just don't like him. He's a smart guy, but just no.

Rick Perry, to me was kinda "meh". Not that I expected him to kill it, but for a Governor of a large economically powerful state like Texas, with the record of economic growth that he presided over, he should be doing much better than he is. That he isn't should say a lot about him as a candidate. He's probably a better leader than he is a candidate. I don't really like him but he probably does belong on the varsity team more than a few people who are in the top 10.

Lindsey Graham seems to be putting all his effort into the whole "defeat them over there so we don't have to defeat them here", kind of schtick. The statement I hated most is when he said that he would do anything to stop ISIL/Iran. Anything? That earns a "not no, but HELL NO" rating from me. Apparently no freedom is safe from Lindsey Graham as long as one terrorist is alive.

Santorum has smarm down pat. He makes me wonder why he's there. He wasted a podium on the stage. He wasted time that could have been devoted to better candidates and better answers. I thought he was the worst performer in the whole debate.

Pataki, as far as performance, did okay. He probably would do well with moderates. I think it's impossible for him to win the Republican nomination. He belongs on the JV team.

I didn't get to watch the JV debate. But FWIW, a good number of my news sources on facebook are proclaiming Carli the winner.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In the debate last night he refused to pledge support to the eventual nominee or pledge to not run third party.

If he ran third-party, that would be absolute confirmation that he did this as a plan to get whatever Democrat elected. This would further complicate the daily praise he's getting from people like Rush. It just makes no sense.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I, for one, do not trust Fox's numbers in the polls. They consistently run polls that leave Paul off of them. This is deliberate on their part. They did it with his father and they're doing it to him now. If he appears in their "debates" I'll be very surprised.

Rand Paul Got Least Airtime During First 2016 GOP Debate

Rand Paul needs to get aggressive, and fire his managers.

rand-paul-shortchanged.jpg

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If he ran third-party, that would be absolute confirmation that he did this as a plan to get whatever Democrat elected. This would further complicate the daily praise he's getting from people like Rush. It just makes no sense.

Rush's agenda is not what he claims it to be. Capitalism? Hahaha. As you pointed out, Rush has been giving hours of free airtime to puff up Donald freaking Trump, a Clinton donor that wants to nationalize 1/6 of the U.S. economy and steal guns from Americans.

Rush is not our friend. Now it makes perfect sense.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Rush's agenda is not what he claims it to be. Capitalism? Hahaha. As you pointed out, Rush has been giving hours of free airtime to puff up Donald freaking Trump, a Clinton donor that wants to nationalize 1/6 of the U.S. economy and steal guns from Americans.

Rush is not our friend. Now it makes perfect sense.

I thought doctor shopping for oxycontin would be pure capitalism in action?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I gotta say.
    These Republicans are doing a great job because they're pissing off the all the right people.

Just read this thread! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom