Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Florida is a closed primary state isn't it? So far Trump has drastically under-performed the polls in the closed primary states. I wonder if the Democrats for Hillary are disappointed when they show up to the Republican polls to vote for Trump and are turned away.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Florida is a closed primary state isn't it? So far Trump has drastically under-performed the polls in the closed primary states. I wonder if the Democrats for Hillary are disappointed when they show up to the Republican polls to vote for Trump and are turned away.

CNN was interviewing a Democrat earlier today that said they were voting for Trump because they want Hillary to win.

I mean... they're not wrong.

Edit: Huh, Limbaugh apparently just called Sasse the "establishment". Makes sense, call the future of conservatives "establishment", you AM radio dinosaur.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Never said I believed it either, just pointed out there was a new poll released. As always take them with a grain of salt.

I think it's pretty likely that Trump will win Florida comfortably. Ohio will be especially interesting.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I don't think FL is very conservative, though. Everybody is a transplant from somewhere else. Might be fertile ground for Trump

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Its not so bad. I do long for the 'signs lack the force of law' that y'all have, though. Seems an admirably sane way to handle the issue

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think FL is very conservative, though. Everybody is a transplant from somewhere else. Might be fertile ground for Trump

That depends. North Florida is VERY Southern, and very conservative, quite similar to my home is Alabama. It's like that all the way til a little bit north of Orlando. That area also has a lot of military influence and residents. They also tend to be highly political I'd expect Trump to do well in that area of the state.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I will take your word on that. Only parts of N. Florida I'm familiar with are Atlantic coast (JAX and SGJ) and out around Pensacola. Where is Rubios base, urban SE?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I will take your word on that. Only parts of N. Florida I'm familiar with are Atlantic coast (JAX and SGJ) and out around Pensacola. Where is Rubios base, urban SE?

Rubio is Cuban right? Well that means most of his support would be from the southern portion of state. There's a lot of Cuban influence down there, and practically none up north. Lots of Floridians resent Cuban political power, and you'll still hear people complain about Mariel, almost 40 years after the fact.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Trump’s opponents are not satisfied finding alternatives and strongly backing them. They feel compelled to engage in breathless hand-wringing that has only helped him. The zenith of this mania is the “Never Trump” movement, a cult of Republicans enjoying the momentary tantrum that if he is the nominee, they will not vote for him."

"Come November, once they are staring down the barrels of a Hillary Clinton presidency, with its guaranteed violence to the Constitution and additional years of soft borders and failure to fight global jihad, most will come to their senses."

"Until then, brace for more anguish over how Trump will either kill the Republican party or conservatism itself."

"The party might actually benefit from a cleansing rebirth from a sorry status quo. As for conservatism, one must have a dim view of it to believe it is squashable by one presidency. If Trump wins and achieves conservative goals, good for all of us. If he does not, traditional conservatives will have earned an I-told-you-so for the ages. They will mount a stronger argument for the consistency they have wished for all along. The planet will still turn on its axis."

"If Trump is not your guy, back someone better. Then win or lose like a grownup. Meanwhile, remember that if the suddenly virile Republican establishment had been half this aggressive against Obama, we wouldn’t be having this drama in the first place."

From: Mark Davis: Here are 6 arguments for and against Trump. All are valid. | Dallas Morning News

Seems like common sense to me

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From an ABC News analyst, no idea of the accuracy. Would be a real **** move if so, and would drop any support or respect I have of Cruz:

ted cruz staffer: "we will concede Florida to Trump in order to get Rubio out & move his voters to us."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    From an ABC News analyst, no idea of the accuracy. Would be a real **** move if so, and would drop any support or respect I have of Cruz:

Interested in the identity, too. "Staffer" can include ignorant interns. Would find it hard to believe a strategist would think that was the best available option.

Unless their polling suggested Trump would win anyway. Then, it would be future ret-conning the loss.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom