• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No. You said you don't get it. I said it's intuitive. Not in the sense that you have to feel it to understand it. More like in the sense of how I'm used to hearing the term in software design. You just know it without having to think about it. For example, having mastered the use of a mouse and web browser, you don't have to think about how to use your mouse to navigate a well designed web page. That comes intuitively from your accumulated and applied knowledge. That's not a matter of feeling.

In other words, you have no argument and no rational excuse for your position? Got it.

I'm done playing nice with the nonsense, make your case or admit you're going out on a limb to make a statement.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    C'mon man. Not everything is a dog whistle. I mean, jeez. That doesn't even cross my mind with Trump's rhetoric. In my estimation America isn't as great as it was 8 years ago. I think race relations weren't all that great 8 years ago, but are even worse now.

I'm not a Trump fan by any stretch. But the David Duke **** is just a red herring. There are other realer reasons to fear Trump closing the deal.

It's not a dog whistle. We all see it. When people in the party one is representing even say it, I think it goes beyond simply being sensitive. And David Duke has nothing to do with.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Romney's advisers explore blocking Trump at RNC - CNNPolitics.com

The Republican establishment just doesn't get it. If they had been fighting Obama this hard over the last 7+ years, then Trump would not be an issue now. Anything they do now will simply drive more people to support Trump even more strongly. Too many in the base have that little respect for them.

You're right and wrong. Right about "where was this passion 8 years ago." Wrong, hopefully, about who their base is. I am steadfast in refusing to believe that any Republican with a smidge of respect for themselves or the country, would ever consider Trump. Trump is running on a bigot platform that should have died off in the last century. He's as close as I've seen an potential president get to having similarities to rhetoric that gave rise to Adolph Hitler.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You're right and wrong. Right about "where was this passion 8 years ago." Wrong, hopefully, about who their base is. I am steadfast in refusing to believe that any Republican with a smidge of respect for themselves or the country, would ever consider Trump. Trump is running on a bigot platform that should have died off in the last century. He's as close as I've seen an potential president get to having similarities to rhetoric that gave rise to Adolph Hitler.

This image can't be used enough...

5FYhErS.jpg

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Doesn't matter any more. That's why any "gaffe" statements Trump makes or any accusations from Democrats, the media (but I repeat myself) or the Republican establishment doesn't hurt him. A rebellion against political correctness is driving the Trump phenomenon and any criticism of Trump is viewed as more political correctness. You can only be unfairly called bigots for so long before you look for a way to say "**** every one of you". Kut- your very accusation that his followers are bigots does absolutely nothing to reduce his popularity. You are only feeding it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Doesn't matter any more. That's why any "gaffe" statements Trump makes or any accusations from Democrats, the media (but I repeat myself) or the Republican establishment doesn't hurt him. A rebellion against political correctness is driving the Trump phenomenon and any criticism of Trump is viewed as more political correctness. You can only be unfairly called bigots for so long before you look for a way to say "**** every one of you". Kut- your very accusation that his followers are bigots does absolutely nothing to reduce his popularity. You are only feeding it.

Do you think it is unfair to call Trump a bigot?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Please re-read my post. Trump is far from my first choice, but I understand his support. A large number of people have grown angry enough to push back against injustice. Enough have been unfairly painted as bigots for too long. The race card is overdrawn. The "you should be silent" card is overdrawn. The "you should be ashamed of the actions of someone else" card is overdrawn. The "you owe me things I haven't earned" card is overdrawn. Political correctness is bankrupt and is creating its own destructor in the form of Donald Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I've been kinda hard on the Trumpers. And, not that there aren't some unreasoning ones who deny reality, but they're just fed up. Heck, I'm fed up. And I can't say that some of what Trump says doesn't appeal to me. I don't think it's unreasonable to tighten up our borders. I don't think it's unreasonable to rethink our trade policies. I don't think America is as great as it was 8 years ago. But I'm just not hearing the same "bigot" stuff you're hearing. When I've heard the internet has melted down over something he says, I wonder, really? Over that?

I mean, you fancy yourself as a historian. Do you really think Trump sounds that much like Hitler? I always though he sounds like an egotistical blowhard. Maybe I don't the sensitivity turned up enough on my racial code meter, but I honestly see this as red herrings. There are plenty enough legitimate worries about a Trump presidency than to worry about that. Can you post a video clip of something that you see is bigoted?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Please re-read my post. Trump is far from my first choice, but I understand his support. A large number of people have grown angry enough to push back against injustice. Enough have been unfairly painted as bigots for too long. The race card is overdrawn. The "you should be silent" card is overdrawn. The "you should be ashamed of the actions of someone else" card is overdrawn. The "you owe me things I haven't earned" card is overdrawn. Political correctness is bankrupt and is creating its own destructor in the form of Donald Trump.

This exactly. Every word of it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've been kinda hard on the Trumpers. And, not that there aren't some unreasoning ones who deny reality, but they're just fed up. Heck, I'm fed up. And I can't say that some of what Trump says doesn't appeal to me. I don't think it's unreasonable to tighten up our borders. I don't think it's unreasonable to rethink our trade policies. I don't think America is as great as it was 8 years ago. But I'm just not hearing the same "bigot" stuff you're hearing. When I've heard the internet has melted down over something he says, I wonder, really? Over that?

I mean, you fancy yourself as a historian. Do you really think Trump sounds that much like Hitler? I always though he sounds like an egotistical blowhard. Maybe I don't the sensitivity turned up enough on my racial code meter, but I honestly see this as red herrings. There are plenty enough legitimate worries about a Trump presidency than to worry about that. Can you post a video clip of something that you see is bigoted?

He's no bigot. He views everybody that can't do something for him, especially those that he thinks are working him against him with disdain. He doesn't care what color you are, religion you are, creed, sex, or national origin. You're all inferior in his eyes...unless you're doing business with him.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Five minutes into this so-called "debate" and I want to throw something at the TV already.

We are 19 trillion in debt and they are asking about the ****ing KKK and how candidates have been mean to each other over the past couple of days.

And the broad ain't even got started yet!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom