The republican party will soon be gone...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Are you rich? how many people here are rich?

I am aware of the "belief" that the republican party is for the rich.

But the reality is, most of the common folk. The middle class, the upper lower class, the rural people from farms and factories, they are CONSERVATIVE by nature. The only party wich is supposedly conservative, are republicans, and thus, most of those people are republican. Now if you want to talk about where all the money is, lets see. DAMN NEAR ALL of the owners of big business, all the actors, they are all liberal.

Whos the party of the rich again?

I wouldn't say that the working class is conservative by nature. Obama won some pretty conservative states (including Indiana) in 2008, and he couldn't have done that without a good deal of working class support. Also, if all of the owners of big business are liberals, what does that say about the idea that a conservative work ethic will lead to success?

Point is, people are much more complicated in their politics and ideology than whatever label you want to slap on them to simplify things for yourself.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I wouldn't say that the working class is conservative by nature. Obama won some pretty conservative states (including Indiana) in 2008, and he couldn't have done that without a good deal of working class support. Also, if all of the owners of big business are liberals, what does that say about the idea that a conservative work ethic will lead to success?

Point is, people are much more complicated in their politics and ideology than whatever label you want to slap on them to simplify things for yourself.

I think white guilt played a big part. My wife's aunt is of that sort. in 2008, she didn't care what Obama's policies were, we simply had to elect a black man to the presidency so we can move forward as a nation.

She came to regret voting for him though and went back to the R column.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I think white guilt played a big part. My wife's aunt is of that sort. in 2008, she didn't care what Obama's policies were, we simply had to elect a black man to the presidency so we can move forward as a nation.

She came to regret voting for him though and went back to the R column.

I can see that. But what happened in 2012? The non-working class is not big enough to support an Obama reelection all by itself. Most Americans still work for a living, regardless of their political leanings. And not only that, the Senate holds its Democrat majority.

I think that, given the swings that I've seen in voting over the past years, the average voter is more fickle than either liberal or conservative.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I agree that things are no longer black and white, there may be two parties, in theory. But the truth is, thats not the truth.

I still believe, based on being all over this state, and being the type who asks people questions. The majority of people in this state who do not live in an urban area, did not vote for Obama. The vast majority of people living in cities, did. Also, a vast majority of people who would have otherwise not voted, voted for him. Because of many things, bribing from the party(obama phones, obama money) just the fact that the democrats have long supported the lazy, and then theres the race issue.

The working class people that I bump into on a daily basis are conservative. People can drone on and on about the republican party being the party of the rich all they want, but its no more true than CNN being a fair media agency.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    We also have to look at fraud, there were counties that voted 100% for obama, then people who lived in that country came out to the media and said they voted for romney, this happened in many places across the country. In marion country in 08 there were more votes than registered voters. its all a sham, if you honestly believe you vote is worth anything its not, its hard to hear, i know, i used to believe it, but no matter what you do, you have BILLIONS of dollars against you, and many corrupt people who will cheat, steal, and KILL to get their agenda pushed through. if you think your vote is honest(electronic voting? NO TRAIL NO PROOF OF ANYTHING, you vote is gone in a keystroke) all they have to do is make it look close. and it looked close. so many people who voted for obama in the first election DID NOT vote for him in the second, as almost 100% of the people i know who voted for him in the first regretted their decision and did not in the second, as this trend was nationwide, yet he still wins? really? nope. its fixed. sorry, but it is.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    The truth is, there are now more people taking gov't benefits than actually work. elections are bought, whether through fraud or through federal grants, funding, stimulus, green technology grants, who cares, the fact is that its about MONEY. And with the democrats pushing the lie that the republicans are all about the rich, they have ZERO resistance, nothing to stop them. they lie, and they are the first to lie thats the key, be the first to call someone a racist and that person is a racist no matter what, etc. I just hope we are all prepared for what is going to happen. Sarah Palin said the other day that the federal gov't is stockpiling weapons and ammo in anticipation of civil unrest-----due to the inevitable bankruptcy of this country. She might be the ONLY one actually telling the truth.

Top Bottom