• JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    As expected.
    I'll wait until someone reminds us that gas powered cars catch on fire all the time. If I had a dollar for every gas powered car I've seen that caught fire after flooding............. well I'd still be broke but you know it happens.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I had a friend that rode his bike everywhere depending on mileage ridden each day, temperature, etc. he consumed a minimum of 6000 calories a day. Riding a bike is not emissions free, the cost of the calories and the logistics of getting them is enormous…

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I had a friend that rode his bike everywhere depending on mileage ridden each day, temperature, etc. he consumed a minimum of 6000 calories a day. Riding a bike is not emissions free, the cost of the calories and the logistics of getting them is enormous…
    Ok, I get the hate for EVs, but this is just ****ing stupid. Really? We're ascribing emissions to bicycles because a truck had to bring food to the grocery store? This is democrat level pants-on-head retarded. Sounds like something AOC would come up with.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ok, I get the hate for EVs, but this is just ****ing stupid. Really? We're ascribing emissions to bicycles because a truck had to bring food to the grocery store? This is democrat level pants-on-head retarded. Sounds like something AOC would come up with.
    This post is about as stupid as EV owners claiming EV’s do not create emissions.

Living causes emissions, if the pious want to preen about them then an examination of them in detail is warranted…

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This post is about as stupid as EV owners claiming EV’s do not create emissions.

Living causes emissions, if the pious want to preen about them then an examination of them in detail is warranted…
    There are reasons that someone might want an EV that have nothing to do with emissions. Not everyone is perpetually focused on political bull **** every waking moment of their miserable lives.

Reactions: KLB

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I said it before, but it bears repeating. This is the number one reason why the average transaction price of a new vehicle in the US is over $40,000. Manufacturers (and no, not just "the big three" ) have made the business decision to stop offering for sale (at least in the US) "affordable" vehicles and trims. Kia will no longer be producing one of the 2 last cars that can be purchased for under $20 brand new. It's just the Mitsubishi Mirage now. All to use ICE vehicles to subsidize their EV production until they are profitable. Whenever that is.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I said it before, but it bears repeating. This is the number one reason why the average transaction price of a new vehicle in the US is over $40,000. Manufacturers (and no, not just "the big three" ) have made the business decision to stop offering for sale (at least in the US) "affordable" vehicles and trims. Kia will no longer be producing one of the 2 last cars that can be purchased for under $20 brand new. It's just the Mitsubishi Mirage now. All to use ICE vehicles to subsidize their EV production until they are profitable. Whenever that is.
    In Kias defense the Rio hasn’t really been selling well the last few years. They do still offer a manual transmission turbo car that’s super fun to drive for $26k.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Nope, that one is about to be gone as well...
    40bd8a081be4c3e156ce2bdb7c1858ba.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “When Tesla, Ford, and everyone else were designing these vehicles, how did nobody anticipate this? Did it never occur to them that sometimes cars get wet? And if people live near the ocean, did anyone point out that they might be exposed to salt water, occasionally deep enough to come up to the wheel wells? (The batteries in EVs tend to be down near the bottom of the car.)”

“Apparently, that’s all it takes for an EV to turn into a potentially deadly fire hazard.“

Top Bottom