• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Now let's be honest: 13 deaths in a city the size of New York with some 8 million people is hardly an epidemic. Regulations should always be based on a cost versus benefit calculation, or there would be no cars at all.”

“And yet the same scaremongers on the left who have zero tolerance and want bans for small risks when it comes to everything from swimming pool diving boards, gas stoves, plastic straws, vaping, fireworks and so on, have a surprisingly high pain threshold when it comes to people dying or suffering critical injured from "green" electric battery fires.”

“Or consider this: In 1965, Ralph Nader almost single-handedly helped ban the popular Chevrolet Corvair -- famous for its engine placed in the back trunk of the car. Nader's bestselling shock book "Unsafe at Any Speed" declared the car was deadly. But there was no real evidence of that claim, and to this day there are no reliable statistics on how many passengers -- if any -- died in Corvairs from rear-end accidents.”

“What is indisputable is that EVs will cause far more deaths than Corvairs ever did.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What about Pinto's? :):

I had one of those things. Some people didn't want to ride with me. Okay. It might not have merely been the exploding gas tank. I will admit it was not a chick magnet.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What about Pinto's? :):

I had one of those things. Some people didn't want to ride with me. Okay. It might not have merely been the exploding gas tank. I will admit it was not a chick magnet.

If you bring them up you are definitely in the recall EV’s camp, 27 deaths in 7.5 years compared to the number of fires concerning EV’s in one city…

“The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) ultimately directed Ford to recall the Pinto. Initially, the NHTSA did not feel there was sufficient evidence to demand a recall due to incidents of fire. The NHTSA investigation found that 27 deaths were found to have occurred between 1970 and mid-1977 in rear-impact crashes that resulted in a fire.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you bring them up you are definitely in the recall EV’s camp, 27 deaths in 7.5 years compared to the number of fires concerning EV’s in one city…

“The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) ultimately directed Ford to recall the Pinto. Initially, the NHTSA did not feel there was sufficient evidence to demand a recall due to incidents of fire. The NHTSA investigation found that 27 deaths were found to have occurred between 1970 and mid-1977 in rear-impact crashes that resulted in a fire.”
    But it’s a pinto. A tesla, odd looking as it is, would probably be more of a chick magnet. Did I mention it was gold with fake brown wood grain?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Correct. And safer than a couple of other models.
    But. Not flattering to drive. Sure. Only 298 deaths per million cars. How many kids were never conceived because the dude was driving a Pinto? A lot of chicks dig Teslas. Just don't tell them the battery may explode at any moment.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    :D
    7pxfusjwpmq41.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The most amazing part of that story is that someone stupid enough to spend $130k on a vehicle that is not suited for his needs is also apparently smart enough to earn a salary that allows him to spend $130k on it.

Tesla is the only logical EV to buy right now, if EV is your thing. Excellent range, more common than all other EV makers combined, and a large, dedicated network of superchargers that actually work. Installing a level 2 charger in one's garage is generally $1200 or so, which would be recouped within a year or so with typical mileage driven.

I wouldn't road trip in an EV right now, regardless of make, but it's a lot more feasible in a Tesla than any other brand. I actually wouldn't mind having an EV as a second vehicle, as I don't commute long distances and would always have another gas vehicle on hand. Would be nice to just plug it in to charge overnight and never have to worry about gas, oil changes, etc. Bonus points for the ability of some models to flat out smoke most gas vehicles, even "sporty" models, with its HP and torque.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And once they've forced everyone to adopt EV's and put the coal/oil companies out of business, just like Obammy said in '08 "electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket".

EV's won't be any less expensive to drive than ICE.
    This is the one I never understand, we don't have enough electricity as it is in some parts of the country yet somehow we're going to support millions of electric cars?

Top Bottom