• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    We just bought two new cars in the last 10 months. Paid less for both than the average new car price. There are still good deals out there but not if you got to have a fully loaded bro-dozer or luck-barge
    Yes and no. Plenty of good deals if you can negotiate, even on fully loaded trucks.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    We just bought two new cars in the last 10 months. Paid less for both than the average new car price. There are still good deals out there but not if you got to have a fully loaded bro-dozer or luck-barge
    It took me a couple of months of research, and I had to drive 85 miles to Mishawaka, but I bought a '23 Stinger GT2 last June for 9% below MSRP out the door. I also accepted Kia's generous offer of an additional $1800 back for financing through them. I paid off the loan as soon as I got the first statement.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Electric vehicles are catching on fire after Hurricane Idalia made landfall in Florida last week.”

“According to local reports, at least two Tesla EVs ignited after saltwater from the storm surge damaged their batteries and other electrical components. One vehicle lit up in Pinellas Park and another car fire occurred in Palm Harbor.“

“Carfax says owners need to understand the fire risk doesn’t go away after their EV dries out,” ABC Actions News told viewers.“

“The salt water that is flooding can get into the battery and dry there and once it dries it creates what federal safety officials call bridges between cells and that can lead to fires and those fires can come anywhere from days to weeks later and once an EV catches fire it is incredible difficult to put it out,” said Patrick Olsen of Carfax.“

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It took me a couple of months of research, and I had to drive 85 miles to Mishawaka, but I bought a '23 Stinger GT2 last June for 9% below MSRP out the door. I also accepted Kia's generous offer of an additional $1800 back for financing through them. I paid off the loan as soon as I got the first statement.
    The Forte GT manual we had to have dealer traded from Chicago. The same salesman we bought the wife's Seltos from arranged it, paid MSRP when the rest of the country was charging $3k over. Wife's Seltos we got what we paid for her old Rio in trade after 2 years and 40k miles of use. All in we paid $43k for two new cars that are exactly what we wanted.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The Forte GT manual we had to have dealer traded from Chicago. The same salesman we bought the wife's Seltos from arranged it, paid MSRP when the rest of the country was charging $3k over. Wife's Seltos we got what we paid for her old Rio in trade after 2 years and 40k miles of use. All in we paid $43k for two new cars that are exactly what we wanted.
    Yeah, but now you have two Kias.

:):

(Just kidding…I have a Santa Fe)

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah, but now you have two Kias.

:):

(Just kidding…I have a Santa Fe)
    Three. One race car, 2 daily's. Like normal you can't even get the little details right. :stickpoke:

Wife saw the new Santa Cruz and when the old Sierra finally rusts in two, it will likely be the replacement. Friend of mine just bought one and loves it (life long Ford and Subaru man).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Three. One race car, 2 daily's. Like normal you can't even get the little details right. :stickpoke:

Wife saw the new Santa Cruz and when the old Sierra finally rusts in two, it will likely be the replacement. Friend of mine just bought one and loves it (life long Ford and Subaru man).
    Love my Santa Fe, except for one thing. Despise the stupid dual clutch transmission. Makes Chrysler transmissions seem smooth. Would buy another Hyundai or Genesis, but will never buy any vehicle with a garbage dual clutch again.

I think the Santa Cruz has a dual clutch, if you get the turbo 2.5. Proceed with caution.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Love my Santa Fe, except for one thing. Despise the stupid dual clutch transmission. Makes Chrysler transmissions seem smooth. Would buy another Hyundai or Genesis, but will never buy any vehicle with a garbage dual clutch again.

I think the Santa Cruz has a dual clutch, if you get the turbo 2.5. Proceed with caution.
    Wife's Seltos is their IVT (CVT that doesn't really feel like one) and the Forte and Rio are both 6-spd manuals. They have 2 DCT's, one of them is good. Sadly unless its an N product it's not the good one. For us we'd end up with a FWD and the 8-spd auto

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I said it before, but it bears repeating. This is the number one reason why the average transaction price of a new vehicle in the US is over $40,000. Manufacturers (and no, not just "the big three" ) have made the business decision to stop offering for sale (at least in the US) "affordable" vehicles and trims. Kia will no longer be producing one of the 2 last cars that can be purchased for under $20 brand new. It's just the Mitsubishi Mirage now. All to use ICE vehicles to subsidize their EV production until they are profitable. Whenever that is.
    Nisson Versa is still like 16 grand. But yeah, car manufacturers are really jacking up prices.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Nisson Versa is still like 16 grand. But yeah, car manufacturers are really jacking up prices.
    Yeah, some models have trims with MSRP's below $20 grand. But in July, the average Versa transacted well over that benchmark. Most likely because of a combination of overpriced dealer add-ons, higher trim levels and the insane "market adjustments" dealers tack on, because they can.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's the problem.
    People wonder how people afford them.
    But people pay, therefore they charge that amount.

It sucks that they stopped worrying about the "little guy".
    Duel income doctors can spend $$$
    But, a guy that works at McDonald's?

Reactions: oze

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That's the problem.
    People wonder how people afford them.
    But people pay, therefore they charge that amount.

It sucks that they stopped worrying about the "little guy".
    Duel income doctors can spend $$$
    But, a guy that works at McDonald's?
    Local McD's is hiring at $17.50/hr plus a $500 sign on and the ability to work as much OT as you want. A 48hr week would bring approximately $730 home each week, to the tune of $2920 per 4-week month for 13 months in a calendar year. Average rent with no roommates is $800 here, add in phone for $50 (can be had cheaper but lets work with that), utilities for $100 and food at $10/day, $70/week, $280 per 4-week month. Car insurance on a single car at $125/month. That leaves $1565/month for car payment and extra activities. You can buy a new Forte GT-Line with technology for $24397 with taxes/title, at 5% interest and either $2k trade in or save a couple months and cash down payment puts the monthly payment at $517/month. that leaves over $1000 per month for extras. Even only working 40hour weeks you're still left with $400/month after bills are paid and food purchased.

The "little guy" is going to be alright if they don't mind actually planning and working.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Local McD's is hiring at $17.50/hr plus a $500 sign on and the ability to work as much OT as you want. A 48hr week would bring approximately $730 home each week, to the tune of $2920 per 4-week month for 13 months in a calendar year. Average rent with no roommates is $800 here, add in phone for $50 (can be had cheaper but lets work with that), utilities for $100 and food at $10/day, $70/week, $280 per 4-week month. Car insurance on a single car at $125/month. That leaves $1565/month for car payment and extra activities. You can buy a new Forte GT-Line with technology for $24397 with taxes/title, at 5% interest and either $2k trade in or save a couple months and cash down payment puts the monthly payment at $517/month. that leaves over $1000 per month for extras. Even only working 40hour weeks you're still left with $400/month after bills are paid and food purchased.

The "little guy" is going to be alright if they don't mind actually planning and working.
    There's a lot of other bills out there.

rent or own a home, and you need insurance.
    And utilites at $100? Maybe for a shoe box.
    Got a kid? That kid need clothes. School supplies. etc

The manufacturers are getting rid of the cheaper cars because no one is buying them.
    They're getting rid of them because they make more profit on the higher end ones.

I understand they are in the business to make $$
    I don't have a problem with that.
    But they make $$$ on the lower end ones also.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    There's a lot of other bills out there.

rent or own a home, and you need insurance.
    And utilites at $100? Maybe for a shoe box.
    Got a kid? That kid need clothes. School supplies. etc

The manufacturers are getting rid of the cheaper cars because no one is buying them.
    They're getting rid of them because they make more profit on the higher end ones.

I understand they are in the business to make $$
    I don't have a problem with that.
    But they make $$$ on the lower end ones also.
    What are you doing working at McD's with a kid? Every apartment we've been in the only utility was electricity and that with two people was usually under $60.

But again,an extra $1000 a month can cover whatever bills you NEED. Not wants. NEEDS. You can make all the excuses you want to. The numbers are there and yes people can live on a fast food job with a new car if they wanted to. IT would make more financial sense to have some paid for beater that works and costs you nothing to save up for a better living arrangement or car whatever down the road.... but stupid people are stupid and make even stupider decisions.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This stuff is not necessarily "Electric Car" specific. But since they usually have more cameras and downloaded data....

Remember, about 6 months ago Tesla was taken to court because employees were sharing videos of customers having sex (in the garage and in the car).
    Tesla defense, the customer signed the EULA.

Now..
    most are guilty, but here is Nissan's agreement...
    Sensitive personal information, including
    driver's license number,
    national or state identification number
    citizenship status
    immigration status
    race
    national origin
    religious or philosophical beliefs
    sexual orientation
    sexual activity
    precise geolocation
    health diagnosis data
    genetic information

This is shown by a guy who fights for "right to repair".
    The manufacturers claim, no one should repair other than the manufacturers, OTHERWISE your data will be compromised.
    1) They themselves have compromised data
    2) WHY is most of this even necessary (other than to sell on the data market)

(some NSFW language)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This stuff is not necessarily "Electric Car" specific. But since they usually have more cameras and downloaded data....

Remember, about 6 months ago Tesla was taken to court because employees were sharing videos of customers having sex (in the garage and in the car).
    Tesla defense, the customer signed the EULA.

Now..
    most are guilty, but here is Nissan's agreement...
    Sensitive personal information, including
    driver's license number,
    national or state identification number
    citizenship status
    immigration status
    race
    national origin
    religious or philosophical beliefs
    sexual orientation
    sexual activity
    precise geolocation
    health diagnosis data
    genetic information

This is shown by a guy who fights for "right to repair".
    The manufacturers claim, no one should repair other than the manufacturers, OTHERWISE your data will be compromised.
    1) They themselves have compromised data
    2) WHY is most of this even necessary (other than to sell on the data market)

(some NSFW language)

1694038076199.gif

Why would Nissan (or any auto manufacturer) need any of that information? I'd tell them to cram it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    View attachment 297690

Why would Nissan (or any auto manufacturer) need any of that information? I'd tell them to cram it.
    Problem is, people click on the agreement.
    As the guy in the video said, most don't have the time or inclination to read 30 pages of EULA for EVERY single device in their life.
    And people throw their money at the company.

Maybe if everyone said to F off.
    But, since most of them are doing it...

Top Bottom