Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What could be done?
    More compartments.
    Ability to flood compartment with either water, or gas.
    Strong centralized control system with sensors and redundancy in both control and sensors

Larger crews to fight the fire.
    Ships use the minimum to do the job.
    Fighting fire takes bodies.

Train the crews on these types of fire.
    Equip the crews.

Require manufacturers to start conducting research for land based, and ship based firefighting techniques.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Interesting, Purdue is running a survey for the State of Indiana. I'm going to go out on a limb and state that they probably will not like my answers...

Feel free to provide feedback, it will go to the Indiana DOT.

So stupid question, but why is government using my tax dollars to build out infrastructure for electric vehicles, is this not what private industry should be doing (if such infrastructure was actually viable of course)? I don't approve, I want those dollars confiscated from my earnings returned.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Interesting article about poor decisions all around.

Bala's first stop was about 350 kilometres south of Winnipeg in Fargo, N.D. He paid $56 to charge his vehicle's battery from 10 per cent up to 90 per cent.

The trouble started at his next stop in Albertville, Minn., where Bala said the only fast charger brought up a faulty connection message in his truck when he plugged in. He called the number on the charger for help but never got a response.

He headed to another charging station in nearby Elk River, Minn., but a charger there wouldn't work either, he said.

With only 15 kilometres remaining on his battery and no fast charger within that range, he decided to ditch his Lightning. Bala got it towed to a Ford dealership and the family rented a gas-powered Toyota 4Runner to finish their trip to Chicago.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This would suck. Anyone that has ever had an electrical cable for anything can easily imagine these charger connectors being bad a significant percentage of time…especially once they get more use on them. Count on frequent charging stations being offline at any given time.

$130,000 to be ecologically responsible? Screw that.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This would suck. Anyone that has ever had an electrical cable for anything can easily imagine these charger connectors being bad a significant percentage of time…especially once they get more use on them. Count on frequent charging stations being offline at any given time.

$130,000 to be ecologically responsible? Screw that.

For 130k I can think of some much nicer vehicles that wouldn't have a problem finding fuel.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I hope those guys have 'war gamed' out possible future responses.
    Just cause they're getting away with it now, doesn't guarantee future success.
    The biggest failing of those that want to preserve our political heritage is the “that will never happen” group. Some on this very site and several that tucked tail after being proven completely wrong about wuwho flu issues…

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The biggest failing of those that want to preserve our political heritage is the “that will never happen” group. Some on this very site and several that tucked tail after being proven completely wrong about wuwho flu issues…
    If they're not planning on police responses, they they're "planning to lose".

Top Bottom