• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    True, but I expect all the difficulties with EV will send most to the scrap heap. The 68 Dodge Charger was a common car in it's day, but most all went to the junkyard over rust issues. When I go to shows I'm almost always the only one there.

View attachment 362124
    I put together a 1:16 scale model of that car when I was a teen. Painted it a deep royal blue. I haven't thought about that in many years, but this brought it back to mind.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Pretty much all cars end up in the scrap heap. Even eventual classics are, at some point in their life cycle, just an old car. Often in the hands of someone who can't afford something better or to maintain it. EVs are probably going to hit that 'just an old car' point earlier in their life until battery prices come down, IMO.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I put together a 1:16 scale model of that car when I was a teen. Painted it a deep royal blue. I haven't thought about that in many years, but this brought it back to mind.
    When I pulled that car apart during the beginning of the work I understood why so many rusted away. So much of the sheet metal was bare, pretty much all that you did not see was devoid of any paint at all. Today cars are E-coat primed and it's hard to find a spot that has no covering. Lucky for me the car had spent nearly it's whole life in central Florida.

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    I will say that the plastics and interior vinyls they're using now at least aren't gonna evaporate into orange lava rock the way the 70s-90s plastic did.
    And the real cost of owning an electric vehicle for me is I bought a Chevrolet and that was a horrible mistake.

Top Bottom