The Rats are abandoning the ship (Illinois)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    We pay taxes, thank you very much.

Yes, we do. And if I'm not mistaken, we pay tax on that income to IL AND to IN.
    You get some IN credit for taxes paid (but it's not 1:1), but you never get those taxes back from IL.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I worked in Illinois and lived in Indiana from 2002 - 2015. Illinois and Indiana do have reciprocity, BUT Indiana residents are responsible for the difference between what Illinois collects, and what is due in Indiana. If Illinois collects 3%, and Indiana's rate is 3.5% Indiana residents must pay that 1/2% difference to Indiana, PLUS any county taxes. Since I lived in Porter County, I had to pay several hundred dollars to Indiana every year. Many times that difference is enough where estimated taxes must be paid in advance or face a penalty. What is funny, is I almost always got a small refund from Illinois.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Yes, we do. And if I'm not mistaken, we pay tax on that income to IL AND to IN.
    You get some IN credit for taxes paid (but it's not 1:1), but you never get those taxes back from IL.

Yes true enough, but do you pay a specific tax to IN for working in IL? or vice-versa? My point was I feel that a residency tax (not payroll tax) is headed without doubt to those who live outside of IL and work there.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It has been very difficult to tell Republicans from Democrats without a score card.

It's actually quite easy. Look for the politicians trying to ban guns or restrict lawful gun ownership/use, you almost certainly have a Democrat. Look for the politician that is on board with Obamacare and socializing 1/6th of the US economy and you've found a Democrat. Find the politician who has voted against both and you are guaranteed to have a Republican.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom