Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Doc.....I sent him an FYI PM with this in it and an explanation.
    We want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either 1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or 2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!

It was in his interest and some what humorous. This is my approach to most everyone that is going with the fast and furious.
    The response back was at best snarky and if I would have been FTF instead of isolated by the interwebs, well, he would have had a face full of me.
    But decorum and all keeps us on track. You all do not see this side of the board. For the most part responses are well mannered and polite. His was not. By far not the worst but snarky just the same.
    I would like for everyone that thinks this is a bad thing to just read the rule. It is there for good reason. That reason is because Fenway and the staff want it there. It was there when I was brought on and I will observe it.
    Take your time, put some teeth into your 1st 50 and tell us about yourself.
    As with any rule some agree and some do not.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    In before.......... "You nazis are trampling on my 1st amendment rights!!! :xmad: "

I'm surprised more of them don't end up here yelling about it. A few do. You would think with the title of this thread being what it is, the fact they know they are on a run to 50, and that this thread is usually bumped to the top almost as fast as they spam, that more of them would notice it and make it here.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Really? do you do a lot of squats or lunges then?

6 hours every day.

legs.jpg

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Lol. People think the 50 posts rule is bad? On a paintball forum I was on, there was a 50/50/30 rule. 50 posts,50 rep points, and 30 days.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lol. People think the 50 posts rule is bad? On a paintball forum I was on, there was a 50/50/30 rule. 50 posts,50 rep points, and 30 days.

There will be some who never see the merit in some rules. That is a given. I am OK with this just do not slam me for doing what I have been put in place to do.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    There will be some who never see the merit in some rules. That is a given. I am OK with this just do not slam me for doing what I have been put in place to do.

The best example we had to show people was when a guy created two accounts after one of them reached b/s/t thread eligibility. He couldn't get a bite on a paintball gun he was selling so he "sold" it to another member who was his neighbor. He then re-listed it to "sell" it for his neighbor. We banned him and his alt account ( they had the same exact IP address which he claimed was because they shared wifi). He went to an even bigger paintball forum where you are able to post b/s/t right away. He ripped a couple of people off ( received payment and never shipped the items) and was eventually arrested for mail fraud and possession of stolen property.

poweraddict

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    I'm not looking to buy or sell any firearms on here any time soon. I don't have a big gun collection so I won't be selling off anything of mine and I'm still a little leery about buying a firearm through private sale. A good friend of mine does a lot of buying, selling, and trading on fb, armslist, and craigslist. He ended up losing money on a deal because he unknowingly bought a stolen firearm and the seller was caught with some of the stolen items and told the authorities who he sold the gun to. My friend was out of the money he paid with nothing to show, but a lesson learned. I think the 50 post rule is a good thing and I'm sure it helps weed out some of the unsavory characters looking to scam individuals. If I ever do buy from someone on here I will be reviewing their threads and posts before even considering to make an offer. I'll be looking at post counts and the substance of their posts. In all honesty it will have to be one hell of a deal for me to buy used unless it's an item that the manufacturer warranties after resale.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom