Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm surprised more of them don't end up here yelling about it. A few do. You would think with the title of this thread being what it is, the fact they know they are on a run to 50, and that this thread is usually bumped to the top almost as fast as they spam, that more of them would notice it and make it here.

If they dont read the rules and understand the 50 posts, its not likely they would venture in here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The best example we had to show people was when a guy created two accounts after one of them reached b/s/t thread eligibility. He couldn't get a bite on a paintball gun he was selling so he "sold" it to another member who was his neighbor. He then re-listed it to "sell" it for his neighbor. We banned him and his alt account ( they had the same exact IP address which he claimed was because they shared wifi). He went to an even bigger paintball forum where you are able to post b/s/t right away. He ripped a couple of people off ( received payment and never shipped the items) and was eventually arrested for mail fraud and possession of stolen property.

When our world was rocked by the actions at Sandy Hook Ingo was inundated with new members in record numbers. Some were here for the info and sense of community but many were here to flip merchandise. The runners were an every day thing and multiples were a regular. Many are still posted up in the classy's with 51 open forum posts and hundreds in the classy's and no site support. No worries as it is obvious whats up. People are offered a wider variety by their presence and some choose to buy from them. Again, no worries.
    Many older members who are very protective of what has been established here act as watch dogs. Sometimes there is butt hurt.

There have been some scammers come through here as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not looking to buy or sell any firearms on here any time soon. I don't have a big gun collection so I won't be selling off anything of mine and I'm still a little leery about buying a firearm through private sale. A good friend of mine does a lot of buying, selling, and trading on fb, armslist, and craigslist. He ended up losing money on a deal because he unknowingly bought a stolen firearm and the seller was caught with some of the stolen items and told the authorities who he sold the gun to. My friend was out of the money he paid with nothing to show, but a lesson learned. I think the 50 post rule is a good thing and I'm sure it helps weed out some of the unsavory characters looking to scam individuals. If I ever do buy from someone on here I will be reviewing their threads and posts before even considering to make an offer. I'll be looking at post counts and the substance of their posts. In all honesty it will have to be one hell of a deal for me to buy used unless it's an item that the manufacturer warranties after resale.

​We can hear you.....................:-)

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    LOL...why do those epic ones always get off on a hilarious foot, go slightly askew...and then there is the last minute pile on of "IBTL"...and then the infamous LOCK? Mods...un-sympathizers.

The statements made by this member do not necessarily reflect those of the rest of this household...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I agree with this. Heres what Ive heard so far: "hello, sir, are you an *******? You better not be or else!"

From a mod too. Its not the badge that gets the respect.

I already know how sensitive republicans are. And with their thirst to punish, I think we all know how this will end.

Til then, Idk...guns and stuff, right?

With a post like this, one wonders if he can read at all.

:toilet2:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom