• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All that is saying....(:popcorn:) we are just watching the dogpile or the storm develop.

I get so rangled when I see long term low post members talking :poop: about things they have no idea what they are talking about. That really works both ways.......:)

Seriously....there has been a butt load of new members jamming the boards with 1 liners to the magic number of 50 or 51 and then the only place you see them is in the classifieds. The guns they post are over priced and languish there. They just do not add anything to the community and are only here to make a buck. That is fine as it gets the membership numbers up there but as with any frat house if you want in there is a hazing process.
    Take a pill and relax.

I'm relaxed. You seem to be the one who is agitated, or rankled, based on one example I used to show that no one, even high post members, have quality posts 100% of the time.

And okay, you say there have been an increase in new members racing to the classifieds. I don't monitor them enough to know, so I will take your word for it. My point was, and still is, that if someone is an unknown entity it is not fair to presume that the classifieds are their intended destination. That is the same way of thinking Michael Bloomberg and Dianne Fienstein have towards everyday, law abiding gun owners. I joined in 2009, and if memory serves, I put up a listing shortly after reaching 50. I've bought and sold several things on here, but I always conduct my transactions with integrity and still contribute to the site when I can. I've learned alot from this site, and from the members here. In particular, churchmouse, I often find your posts to be brimming with lots of sage advice and knowledge. All I am saying is that jumping down someone's throat for being new, before we know what they are about, doesn't seem to foster the type of knowledge sharing sense of community that I have come to love about INGO. So sorry if I offended you.

Some members (not myself) post that so they are subscribed to the thread, that way they can find it again to follow up on it later.

I wasn't aware that one had to post in order to subscribe, that explains alot. I learn something new every day :)

He was referring to members who had been here a long time without a lot of posts, not the new guns making a run.

The truth is, there are a lot of members here that are way to quick to jump on people with low post counts. Sometimes the newb is making a run for the classifieds, sometimes they are just making a short comment. I remember a couple of people jumping on a post I made in my first 50 because it was not what they considered a quality post. I snapped back, but a lot of people will just take that as a sign that they don't want to be around people like that.

^That's pretty much what I meant.

And finally, I have to say I laughed really hard at the jpegs of giant bags of popcorn. Another thing I love about INGO is the sense of humor. So, I'm going to go ahead and pop my popcorn cherry:

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    maxresdefault.jpg

How about gigantic cotton candy?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I wasn't aware that one had to post in order to subscribe, that explains alot. I learn something new every day :)
    You don't. I am guessing they use the indicator that shows you posted in a thread to show the threads they want to keep up with. Subscribing just takes clicking on the Thread tools at the top of the page and selecting subscribe.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm relaxed. You seem to be the one who is agitated, or rankled, based on one example I used to show that no one, even high post members, have quality posts 100% of the time.

And okay, you say there have been an increase in new members racing to the classifieds. I don't monitor them enough to know, so I will take your word for it. My point was, and still is, that if someone is an unknown entity it is not fair to presume that the classifieds are their intended destination. That is the same way of thinking Michael Bloomberg and Dianne Fienstein have towards everyday, law abiding gun owners. I joined in 2009, and if memory serves, I put up a listing shortly after reaching 50. I've bought and sold several things on here, but I always conduct my transactions with integrity and still contribute to the site when I can. I've learned alot from this site, and from the members here. In particular, churchmouse, I often find your posts to be brimming with lots of sage advice and knowledge. All I am saying is that jumping down someone's throat for being new, before we know what they are about, doesn't seem to foster the type of knowledge sharing sense of community that I have come to love about INGO. So sorry if I offended you.

^That's pretty much what I meant.

And finally, I have to say I laughed really hard at the jpegs of giant bags of popcorn. Another thing I love about INGO is the sense of humor. So, I'm going to go ahead and pop my popcorn cherry:

No offense taken at all. Just a shot back across the bow.
    I (and many others) tend to take humor or an attempt at humor to our posts. The popcorn thing has been going on for a while and has no more real meaning than just letting folks know we/they/them are reading and watching. I think that was your point in all this. Post something worthy. I get that. I agree to a point.
    Again, no offense taken on my end.

Sit back and enjoy your corn. Life is good.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You don't. I am guessing they use the indicator that shows you posted in a thread to show the threads they want to keep up with. Subscribing just takes clicking on the Thread tools at the top of the page and selecting subscribe.

If you want to subscribe to a thread, posting something is easier than to scrolling all the way up to the top of the page, clicking thread tools, clicking subscribe, waiting for the confirm page to load, and then click subscribe. As KLB said, posting :popcorn: has sorta become the defacto something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom