• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Honestly, as a long time but low post member, it rankles me to see people who have thousands of posts taking a :poop: on people who may be completely new to forums or who are trying to fit in with other members. Especially when I see alot of high count members post this: ":popcorn:", and nothing else. Talk about a useless post that doesn't contribute anything to a discussion. Why does no one call out these folks? If the idea to to increase the quality of one's individual posts, I fail to see the difference.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Honestly, as a long time but low post member, it rankles me to see people who have thousands of posts taking a :poop: on people who may be completely new to forums or who are trying to fit in with other members. Especially when I see alot of high count members post this: ":popcorn:", and nothing else. Talk about a useless post that doesn't contribute anything to a discussion. Why does no one call out these folks? If the idea to to increase the quality of one's individual posts, I fail to see the difference.

:popcorn:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

All that is saying....(:popcorn:) we are just watching the dogpile or the storm develop.

I get so rangled when I see long term low post members talking :poop: about things they have no idea what they are talking about. That really works both ways.......:)

Seriously....there has been a butt load of new members jamming the boards with 1 liners to the magic number of 50 or 51 and then the only place you see them is in the classifieds. The guns they post are over priced and languish there. They just do not add anything to the community and are only here to make a buck. That is fine as it gets the membership numbers up there but as with any frat house if you want in there is a hazing process.
    Take a pill and relax.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dude, sometimes a bag of popcorn, is just a bag of popcorn.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Some members (not myself) post that so they are subscribed to the thread, that way they can find it again to follow up on it later.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :popcorn:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I don't like to see a pile up. If I think it's a noob that maybe doesn't understand, I often send a message.

Other people can popcorn, cause they've shown they're here for a while. They're not just trying to make it an armslist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom