• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    307SD had to create a second intro thread. His first one was purged entirely. He had 2 initial posts asking for help to get to a classifieds ad. SSGAD and I both posted the generic instructions on how to participate and get to the classifieds. After some misc welcome messages, 307SD then posted links to the ad and the member that he wanted to contact. This post also had some comment about posting requirements and the "liberal ideal" (don't remember the details). At that point, the entire thread was deleted. Not sure what particular interactions he had with the mods. That is when he created his second intro thread. Motivation? Seems like your basic runner wanting a Glock.

Definitely a rough start. Hopefully, he gets on the same page and becomes a regular participant, but he's having a hard time accepting no/not yet on the classifieds.

I kind of got the 'former member' vibe from the wording of existing contributing member. That doesn't seem like a normal thing we see from completely new people. Most of the time they kind of stumble around, post random things and don't actively challenge other members & mods. Everything in his second thread felt like he was very comfortable and familiar here.

There's nothing really solid I can put my finger on, just a feeling.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I kind of got the 'former member' vibe from the wording of existing contributing member. That doesn't seem like a normal thing we see from completely new people. Most of the time they kind of stumble around, post random things and don't actively challenge other members & mods. Everything in his second thread felt like he was very comfortable and familiar here.

There's nothing really solid I can put my finger on, just a feeling.

Mom's intuition? :lmfao:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    God I hope nothing drastic like that happened while I was asleep earlier. It's been a while, but I think I would have noticed something like that, although SWMBO tells me my attention span isn't what it.....

LOOK, THE CAT'S CLIMBING THE CURTAIN!!
    :p

I have no curtains for them to climb. One advantage to living in the woods. Nobody to block out but the deer.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Does the forum software not allow you to block based on IP address?

Yes as my wife and I sometimes same computers. When I tried to get her setup on INGO so she can post or lurk we couldn't get her account setup, but mouse fixed it with a friendly PM to him about the situation. I had signed in before on her computer with my screen name.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom