Not open for further replies.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    And he is back to zero.

I can remember this happening to a guy back in March of 2013. The smell of victory was so close, then wham bam thank you ma'am and somebody was back to zero :whistle:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I kept looking through the last few pages to see if I was mentioned. I wasn't really racing to 50, but I had a couple PMs that I couldn't respond to until I got there.

No way you would be mentioned except maybe as a joke. You were fully participating and did get to 50 pretty quickly, but it was the right way. You are contributing to INGOs content. The runners are characterized by posting a series (usually very quickly) of junk posts that others have to wade past to read something useful. They are interested in taking only and not contributing.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    No way you would be mentioned except maybe as a joke. You were fully participating and did get to 50 pretty quickly, but it was the right way. You are contributing to INGOs content. The runners are characterized by posting a series (usually very quickly) of junk posts that others have to wade past to read something useful. They are interested in taking only and not contributing.
    After seeing this thread, I'm certainly glad it was perceived that way as it truly was my intent. As I have virtually zero experience with a firearm, I'm afraid there isn't much that I can contribute to a relevant topic. But, I'm here to learn more about them and gain some insight from those have experience. After I figure out what handgun I'm most comfortable with, I'm sure I'll be looking for more advice and maybe even a good deal. ;)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Is there anyway the Mods could compile a list of all the runners they have whacked? Then post is in the classifieds somewhere.

I'd love to see how many runs have been thwarted.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    ......., I'm afraid there isn't much that I can contribute to a relevant topic..............

That doesn't stop us!

Every once in awhile, we get a good noobie the comes along and really wants to learn something. That is where this forum excels. Welcome again.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I kept looking through the last few pages to see if I was mentioned. I wasn't really racing to 50, but I had a couple PMs that I couldn't respond to until I got there.

Oh, we were watching. :shady:

But, we're also pretty good at knowing who wants to participate long-term.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    After seeing this thread, I'm certainly glad it was perceived that way as it truly was my intent. As I have virtually zero experience with a firearm, I'm afraid there isn't much that I can contribute to a relevant topic. But, I'm here to learn more about them and gain some insight from those have experience. After I figure out what handgun I'm most comfortable with, I'm sure I'll be looking for more advice and maybe even a good deal. ;)

Being a gun newbie is perfectly fine. Questions are just as valid as answers. The Uber thread was quite interesting as it presented a unique situation for us to chat through. When most of us ride in cars, we aren't normally worried about having a potential attacker sitting directly behind us. Made for an interesting discussion on how best to handle it.

Creating a track record on INGO allows buyers/sellers to evaluate you before a transaction. Many will not buy/sell to flippers (those who made 50 and then forever disappear into the classifieds) or who appear pretty shady from their posts. That evaluation plus the Ebay-style feedback score allows you to form a reputation in a way that some free gun sale sites don't and makes INGO transactions much less likely to turn out badly. That is the real secret to why many INGOers favor this site to buy/sell guns.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Cool what, exactly? What rule(s) am I breaking?

These will do for starters:

General Forum Rules

1) INGunOwners.com is viewed by thousands of people a day (not all of them gun owners or even gun friendly) As a public board we must make a good impression to those who view our community and represent Hoosier Gun Owners in the best possible light. INGO is a family friendly site and material posted must remain G-rated. Spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks will not be tolerated.

2) Language that would be inappropriate in the polite company of strangers is unwelcome here. Posts which are indecipherable due to the inability to translate thoughts into coherent written statements will be deleted without explanation.

3) Avatars and Signatures are allowed but must be G-rated. Signature size must be appropriate and not distract from the flow of threads.

4) As we can never convey a philosophy through a few rules, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit or delete posts and/or to revoke Membership. No Second Chances; No Argument; No Trial; No Way. At best you will receive one warning via PM (Private Message).

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart

No. You aren't a runner. And I was a noob when I started here. These are some great guys (except for CM, he doesn't deliver on the cheeseburgers or banning mbills). I keep learning and these guys keep giving me good info. When I get enough coin saved and start my AR build, I fully expect to pick many a brain on here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Being a gun newbie is perfectly fine. Questions are just as valid as answers. The Uber thread was quite interesting as it presented a unique situation for us to chat through. When most of us ride in cars, we aren't normally worried about having a potential attacker sitting directly behind us. Made for an interesting discussion on how best to handle it.

Creating a track record on INGO allows buyers/sellers to evaluate you before a transaction. Many will not buy/sell to flippers (those who made 50 and then forever disappear into the classifieds) or who appear pretty shady from their posts. That evaluation plus the Ebay-style feedback score allows you to form a reputation in a way that some free gun sale sites don't and makes INGO transactions much less likely to turn out badly. That is the real secret to why many INGOers favor this site to buy/sell guns.

I thought it was to make sure your baby goes to a good home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These will do for starters:

General Forum Rules

1) INGunOwners.com is viewed by thousands of people a day (not all of them gun owners or even gun friendly) As a public board we must make a good impression to those who view our community and represent Hoosier Gun Owners in the best possible light. INGO is a family friendly site and material posted must remain G-rated. Spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks will not be tolerated.

2) Language that would be inappropriate in the polite company of strangers is unwelcome here. Posts which are indecipherable due to the inability to translate thoughts into coherent written statements will be deleted without explanation.

3) Avatars and Signatures are allowed but must be G-rated. Signature size must be appropriate and not distract from the flow of threads.

4) As we can never convey a philosophy through a few rules, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit or delete posts and/or to revoke Membership. No Second Chances; No Argument; No Trial; No Way. At best you will receive one warning via PM (Private Message).

#4 is a good one. I like #4.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom