• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Not surprising. I've noticed a large amount of classifieds posted by 'non-participating members' (for lack of a better term) recently. Lots of them by people that have anywhere between 50 and 200 posts and have been members for at least 3 years. If you go look at their post history there is nothing recent besides the ad posted.

They all seem to be well within the rules, just no activity for years until they want some money. Occasionally there will be someone who doesn't put up a picture. Since that's a fairly new requirement and they aren't active then they probably don't know.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not surprising. I've noticed a large amount of classifieds posted by 'non-participating members' (for lack of a better term) recently. Lots of them by people that have anywhere between 50 and 200 posts and have been members for at least 3 years. If you go look at their post history there is nothing recent besides the ad posted.

They all seem to be well within the rules, just no activity for years until they want some money. Occasionally there will be someone who doesn't put up a picture. Since that's a fairly new requirement and they aren't active then they probably don't know.

I press the non-active posters to be site supporters as they are riding the rails for free.
    Active members no worries but flippers I press. Some have responded and put something back. Most have not. Selfish on all levels.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I press the non-active posters to be site supporters as they are riding the rails for free.
    Active members no worries but flippers I press. Some have responded and put something back. Most have not. Selfish on all levels.

One of the things I look at when dealing with someone on here is how they act and carry themselves. I don't buy or sell much but when I do I try to do some research on the person. I don't deal with flippers, those who may be dealing without a license, those who have admitted to criminal activity in the past, those who have their location listed as out of state, those caught in a stolen valor lie, etc.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I just avoid all rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.

;)

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I just avoid all rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.

;)

THats HEADLEY!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    One of the things I look at when dealing with someone on here is how they act and carry themselves. I don't buy or sell much but when I do I try to do some research on the person. I don't deal with flippers, those who may be dealing without a license, those who have admitted to criminal activity in the past, those who have their location listed as out of state, those caught in a stolen valor lie, etc.

If I could carry myself, wouldn't I be flying? :rolleyes:

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau

;)

3 points for quoting the best movie ever made, 8 trillion bonus points for the quote being relevent.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Only one 1 liner. At least so far.

Let's talk quality

Tried to rip off company because someone made a mistake on their web site

[QUOTE
    Southern Shooters had 500 rounds of Golden Bear 7.62 x 39mm for $6.68 yesterday. I ordered 15k rounds in five orders. They have since cancelled all orders. Supposedly out of stock, yet still available on the website. Obviously a mistake they don't want to acknowledge.
    ][/QUOTE]

Then this one

I'm finding more and more 22s around recently. Several of the local rednecks have needed cash, and I've gotten everything from bricks to the subsonics. You might try the local rednecks....

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Let's talk quality

Tried to rip off company because someone made a mistake on their web site

Then this one

This is why I pay attention to who I deal with and look at past posts. This is exactly the thing the 50 post rule lets us all see. What kind of a person the member probably is. Not all the time, but if it looks like a duck....

Sadly, there are many that only look at the item and price and that's as far as it goes. I prefer not to deal with certain types of people. Attitude plays a large part of that. Personally, I'd like to see it go to 100 posts. Lots of people will say that's too much, but even then it's still minor compared to some other places. Rules for the casting site are pretty harsh compared to here. There are many, here are a few.

6 Months Active Membership & 100 Post requirement to sell:
    Must be an active member for a minimum of 6 months with a minimum of 100 post. No requirement to be a buyer. See "Grandfather Clause"

Grandfather Clause:
    Members with a join date before July 2015 must have a minimum of 30 post. All other rules apply.

Allowable amount of ads:
    Maximum of 3 ads may be listed and/or open per month. Maximum of 3 ads may be started per calendar month. Only 3 open/active threads at one time. Current ads must be completed and closed before future ads can be listed the following month. If any ad is not completed and closed when the following month begins it will count against the monthly allowed. Member must wait until the beginning of the new month before a new ad may be listed. Does not apply to Vendor Sponsor, see Vendor Sponsor Rules Below.

Allowable amount of items per ad:
    Maximum of 5 items per ad. If more than 5 members can purchase items from one ad then you are selling more than 5 items in that ad.

Cross Posting:
    No cross posting, if the items are not for sale here exclusively do not list them here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom