Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am one....I have a huge 18 posts so far...I am just trying to get to my 50 to place an ad for a Seminar I am teaching. The 50 sucks, but I get why they do it, so I am going along and hitting anything and everything. Thanks for the love!! :)

Before you spin your wheels for nothing, you might need to be an advertiser to do that, so check with a mod. Im not sure the classifieds are for things like training classes... only for tangible "stuff".

I could be wrong though...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am one....I have a huge 18 posts so far...I am just trying to get to my 50 to place an ad for a Seminar I am teaching. The 50 sucks, but I get why they do it, so I am going along and hitting anything and everything. Thanks for the love!! :)

Please check with the mods to verify, but I don't think there are post requirements to post in the Tactics and Training section?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is my understanding that this will not fly. Advertising a for profit is handled in its own rules structure.

Now I have to go look at what is going on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not picking categories, just posts...Not sure all of the rules, even though I have read them twice...a lot to know just to post an ad

Stop the 1 liners. Add something of merit to the threads you are posting in. That is important.

You need to run the ad by someone as you are not even a site supporter let alone an advertiser. Hope you read this.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I am not picking categories, just posts...Not sure all of the rules, even though I have read them twice...a lot to know just to post an ad

The rules are in place to keep people from turning the site into another craigslist. The site is a gun forum first that has a classifieds section as a perk.

In a nutshell.
    1. Make 50 quality posts.
    2. When you make an ad it must have price, location and pictures.
    3. Do not bump your ad any sooner than 24 hours.
    4. Once the item sells, leave the information and price the way it is so others can use it as a reference in the future.
    5. Close the thread.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had to delete some 1 liners. It was reported so obvious the sole intent was a run to 50 for access and posting an ad. Admitted as much.

Come on Noobie.........that was pretty blatent. You were not working hard to get to 50 as you stated. Anyone can smash the forum with 1 liners.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    It is my understanding that this will not fly. Advertising a for profit is handled in its own rules structure.

Now I have to go look at what is going on.
    As bwframe stated, If the advertising is for firearms training, the rules are different. She only mentioned "teaching a seminar" with no indication of the topic, so it may or may not be firearms related and exempt from advertising rules.

Fenway said:
    *Companies offering firearms training services in the Tactics and Training forum are exempt from the advertising requirements. I encourage everyone to take professional firearms training, and I want every INGOer to have unfettered access to it. If a training company would like some of the additional features listed above, contact Roadie for Rates.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Lol

Its fun to tease as they try to climb the hill.

But seriously 50 quality posts is not hard. People are mostly here for the same reasons so discussions are easy to come by. If you just want to sell wouldn't Craigslist be easier?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As bwframe stated, If the advertising is for firearms training, the rules are different. She only mentioned "teaching a seminar" with no indication of the topic, so it may or may not be firearms related and exempt from advertising rules.

And you are correct. New Mod had to ask. She is good to post with her 50 or a site supporter status. I PM'd this to her.

Love the sig line.....:)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

That wouldn't be a seminar for Mary Kay, would it? Because this ain't your target demographic....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    '
    [video=youtube;lc4TnopiuzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc4TnopiuzQ[/video]
    That wouldn't be a seminar for Mary Kay, would it? Because this ain't your target demographic....
    I guess not. Ironically, it's held in Avon.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yes please. I wonder if the cleo would sign off on this. Who am I kidding? I think the wife would be a harder signature to get. It would be on a different set of papers. :laugh6:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom