• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dmbowditch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    So whats the story on requiring 50 posts, before you can send a private message or post on certain threads? Not too outspoken, then i see some guys on the prior page indicating my name, and some "mod whacking" and "one liners"? Guess i am not sure what i am suppose to post, in order to meet the 50 requirement?

dmbowditch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Not all that knowledgable on any particular area, item, etc. but greatly appreciate the information in groups like this so someone like myself can read, learn, and find educated opinions about future projects, purchases, etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So whats the story on requiring 50 posts, before you can send a private message or post on certain threads? Not too outspoken, then i see some guys on the prior page indicating my name, and some "mod whacking" and "one liners"? Guess i am not sure what i am suppose to post, in order to meet the 50 requirement?

Read the Faq's. It lays it out pretty well.

We would like to see who you are. A lot of good info and great people.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Ad more then a one line comment and comment with something relevant. If you are just trying to get to 50 to buy or sell something you are not helpful to the forum.

dmbowditch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    It's call participation.

So someone watches my posts up until i reach 50, or there after as well? I suppose your "its called participation post" was any more educational, or added input than my "one liners" from earlier in the evening?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Not all that knowledgable on any particular area, item, etc. but greatly appreciate the information in groups like this so someone like myself can read, learn, and find educated opinions about future projects, purchases, etc.

Hang around and get to know the people here and the rules. You will figure out how great this place is.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So someone watches my posts up until i reach 50, or there after as well? I suppose your "its called participation post" was any more educational, or added input than my "one liners" from earlier in the evening?

Everyone see's your posts. You stick out like a man on a mission. Slow down, take it easy.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    When someone gets mentioned or brought up in this thread then there is a reason. When we (any member of the forum, not a particular group or member) sees someone posting one word or one liner posts as fast as they can then it sets off alarm bells as a race to the classifieds. The classifieds are a perk of the site for contributing members. That contribution comes in the form of either a site supporter or someone who has posted 50 QUALITY posts, not taking shortcuts.

We had a guy last week that posted the word "cool" as fast as possible in random threads just so the could try to buy something. That's not what the site is about.

dmbowditch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Hang around and get to know the people here and the rules. You will figure out how great this place is.

I couldn't agree more, been a member since 2013, have several cousins, and several friends in the group who put me on to you guys. As i said, i check the sight regularly (once or twice a week) for educational purposes, looking for deals, etc. Not one to put too much out on the web, and don't have a great deal of knowledge to share with anyone for that matter.

I see the credence in keeping the sight protected from trollers, or people who are not looking to be reasonable, but if i have been a member since 2013, i doubt that is the case

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I couldn't agree more, been a member since 2013, have several cousins, and several friends in the group who put me on to you guys. As i said, i check the sight regularly (once or twice a week) for educational purposes, looking for deals, etc. Not one to put too much out on the web, and don't have a great deal of knowledge to share with anyone for that matter.

I see the credence in keeping the sight protected from trollers, or people who are not looking to be reasonable, but if i have been a member since 2013, i doubt that is the case

We see it with members of all different dates. There are more than you would think that have older join dates and low or no post counts. Best advice is to pick a few threads and topics and join a discussion. Ask a few questions you have in the appropriate places. It does not take long to get post count up.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Unless someone deletes the posts that you make, or the count.....

The only ones who can delete posts here are the mods. When they do it it's because the post violated a rule, including the "quality post" rule. They don't do it on a whim or to toy with someone. If your posts contribute to the thread then they will be left alone.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

I don't want you to take offense. But the classifieds are for particapating members and or sight supporters. Check in to being a sight supporter if you don't want to participate. Your money is more useful them one line comments. Help the sight grow. One way or another.

dmbowditch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    So what changed that you've got over a dozen one liners tonight?

Had a member of this forum share a classified listing that i was interested in. Never realized there was a rule that would require such activity.....sent the admin/mod a message, which probably raised a red flag in the first place. Wish i would have gotten a reply to my message and had this all explained....

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Had a member of this forum share a classified listing that i was interested in. Never realized there was a rule that would require such activity.....sent the admin/mod a message, which probably raised a red flag in the first place. Wish i would have gotten a reply to my message and had this all explained....

Well at least your truthful about your purpose, but stop bumping 5 year old threads!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom