• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Hey guys I got on today and tried to post in theclassifieds and for some reason it said I had 0 post which isn't the case I had fifty something post so I logged out and went here to see if anyone had any ideas why.

Yep, I remember most of your posts recently. They were one liners clearly designed to get you into the classifieds. You were Mod smacked. If your posts don't contribute to the forum and are designed to violate/circumvent the rules then they are deleted and you start over. Or you can become a site supporter.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I understand the rules ver y well and have put nothing but quality post up. I was just simply replying to one of the classified ads for a Sig p226. And I was denied I had like 55 post last time I got on andnow have Barley any just trying to find an explanation is all.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    Well I apologize for the inconvenience mygoal wasn't to try and break any rules or be sneaky by any means. I was truly trying to be genuine with people and helpful were I could I can understand deleting the shorter ones but all of them.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    Not very probably 3 or4 days ago I can try and find the thread I was helping Miguel with a battery issue he was having with an automobile and so!e business was trying to pull one over on him.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Not very probably 3 or4 days ago I can try and find the thread I was helping Miguel with a battery issue he was having with an automobile and so!e business was trying to pull one over on him.

I don't remember reading about a car battery problem. I do remember someone getting smacked in one of the flashlight and battery discussions but that was quite a while ago, a few months not days. I do remember seeing quite a few posts of yours and there were several that were very short or one liners. Those stand out quite a bit when someone is making a run for the classifieds.

There is nothing wrong with making a lot of posts to get to the classifieds in a short amount of time, as long as they are thought out, on topic and contribute to the discussions. You missed it earlier in the day when a guy tried to post "cool" in 50 different threads so he could get to the classifieds. When members and mods see the same name pop up on tons of threads only a few minutes apart then the alarm bells go off.

If you really need into the classifieds the fastest was is to become a site supporter. The next fastest way is to find a subject or thread and join the discussion. Start up a thread about something you know about and ask for comments and opinions. 50 will come very quickly like that.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    Ok. Understood I did post in several forums due to people not responding back to some of the things that I posted so I got tired of waiting. And moved else where and I'm not saying that all my post weren't short I'm sure a few were. But lesson learned and it won't happen again drive on and drink water as I always say.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Here is the URL to the thread I was talking about but all my post have been deleted so I guess its not that pertinent but here it is anyways https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ics-opinion-needed-battery-2.html#post5748139

You were quoted in post #15 it looks like. From the response it looks like others agreed with the mods. In your other thread it looks like people agree about the posts being spread out into one liners to pad the post count.

Best bet is to find a good thread and join the conversation. Make quality posts and don't try to rush to get there. Up thread (before you posted today) I asked a mod about 'repeat runners' and how often it happens & what is done. Since they already applied the hammer then take your time and think out your posts.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    50 posts really isn't hard to get to legitimately. These runners just make it look ridiculous. "See gun. Need posts." They are probably just going to lowball someone anyway.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    I understand the rules ver y well and have put nothing but quality post up. I was just simply replying to one of the classified ads for a Sig p226. And I was denied I had like 55 post last time I got on andnow have Barley any just trying to find an explanation is all.

Most of my post were in a thread about batteries which were very long.

Well I apologize for the inconvenience mygoal wasn't to try and break any rules or be sneaky by any means. I was truly trying to be genuine with people and helpful were I could I can understand deleting the shorter ones but all of them.

^^ three posts in a row is what some may call trying to pad your post count.

Here is the URL to the thread I was talking about but all my post have been deleted so I guess its not that pertinent but here it is anyways https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ics-opinion-needed-battery-2.html#post5748139

Ok. Understood I did post in several forums due to people not responding back to some of the things that I posted so I got tired of waiting. And moved else where and I'm not saying that all my post weren't short I'm sure a few were. But lesson learned and it won't happen again drive on and drink water as I always say.

^^ 2 more in a row to help pad the count. This is a good example of why posts get deleted. If nobody had replied to you then you could have simply edited the post and added the info you wanted to add. this would have prevented the extra posts that were completely unnecessary.

Now on a different note.. We have a classified section on INGO? When did that happen? I thought the 50 post thing was only for private messages. :dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Take your time.
    Remember, there will ALWAYS be another deal.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    Don't worry. It's 50 quality posts, so you can still safely ignore the classifieds. :p

Well I doubt that I will ever make 50 quality posts. I can try and try, but being born and raised on the other side of the river does have it's drawbacks. Anyway classifieds are for people who have money to spend or items worth selling. So I am just S.O.L. no matter how i look at it. I guess I will stick to :popcorn:

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana

When someone has a bunch of one liners to get away from the quality post rule, they just get a swipe and clean slate. The few that were ok just get caught in the wipe. Not worth the time picking which ones are good and which are not. Basically if you are tying to post 50 times in a day or 2 you fall suspect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom