Not open for further replies.

dustinfz6r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    East Indy /Pendleton
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by LockStocksAndBarrel I think we have a runner.

View Profile: dustinfz6r - INGunOwners

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by dustinfz6r
    Was carrying a glock 27 until recently. I'm currently in search of a new carry piece.

Hmmm...

Now for the $64k question, what do you think he is after?

I'm not after anything. Honestly there isn't anything in the classified that I want.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm not after anything. Honestly there isn't anything in the classified that I want.

Don't take it personally. There are so many people who join just to snag something from the classifieds or to try to flip things it's ridiculous. The 50 post rule was created to try to keep this down. Keep an eye on this thread and you will see some of the silly things people do to try to circumvent the rules. They drag up threads that are years old and make a post of "wow" or "I agree". There are even those that count. "1" next thread "2" etc. It really is entertaining to watch.

Rymo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2014
    Whiteland
    Geez, I've been on here for like 3 months and I'm almost to 50. (I'm more of a reader but I'll put my $.02 when I feel appropriate) I know I have lots of short posts that would not be considered "quality" but at the same time I joined to look at reviews and to get opinions on things and to maybe make a few friends. I really wouldn't mind a higher # than 50. It's kind of sketchy to buy a gun from a stranger.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Geez, I've been on here for like 3 months and I'm almost to 50. (I'm more of a reader but I'll put my $.02 when I feel appropriate) I know I have lots of short posts that would not be considered "quality" but at the same time I joined to look at reviews and to get opinions on things and to maybe make a few friends. I really wouldn't mind a higher # than 50. It's kind of sketchy to buy a gun from a stranger.
    Just keep posting where you feel it is appropriate and you have something to add to the conversation. They add up fast. ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Me 2

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Hey! I made it to 50 and didn't see anyone hosing me in this thread!

I was going to start my own thread for this post, but what the heck. If I'm going to draw "love" from the folks around here I'm apparently going to have to do more to get noticed!

So, how many posts do I need to start having fun? I didn't see it in the FAQ.

This is actually the first forum I've ever made 50 posts to and I've been on arfcom since 2008 or so.

I did kind of a quick scan to see if anyone in this thread had "fingered" me, but I didn't see anything. I only have the internet at work and get opportunities to post when I'm wasting time so I won't bother you guys too much that live here.

Thanks for having me.

Karl

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I was going to start my own thread for this post, but what the heck. If I'm going to draw "love" from the folks around here I'm apparently going to have to do more to get noticed!

This is actually the first forum I've ever made 50 posts to and I've been on arfcom since 2008 or so.

I did kind of a quick scan to see if anyone in this thread had "fingered" me, but I didn't see anything. I only have the internet at work and get opportunities to post when I'm wasting time so I won't bother you guys too much that live here.

Thanks for having me.

Karl
    Since you have your 50, you can be as sad and inane as the rest of us now.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Hey Karl.

Being a newbie isn't what puts you on the 50-post runner watch. In fact, some runners have been around for months or years without posting much before they decide to make a run. We actually want people like you who take the time to legitimately participate in discussions. The intent of the 50-post rule is that the newbie learns about INGO, contributes to the content of the site (which is its primary value), while at the same time we learn about the newbie. In other words, you become part of the community. People who have invested time and effort to develop a connection with the community aren't as likely to rip off their fellow members.

Runners on the other hand, generally have a specific pattern. Either right after joining or at some point later, they notice something that they must have in the classifieds. At this point, the 50-post rule becomes an obstacle to overcome, rather than something that actually provides a positive benefit to the community. At that point, all of their posts are quick-and-dirty and do not have a goal of contributing to discussions, but instead to quickly add to post count. It is amazing how lame most runners are, posting things like: 1, 2, 3, yeah, me too, etc. Some are a little more sophisticated contributing up to a full sentence. Either way, they add little to INGO and are generally eager to get to a purchase before a contributing member or in listing their own item, often at inflated prices. These things are easy to do if you don't have anything invested in the community.

So, you've done it the right way. Thanks for that. In addition to access to the classifieds, you now can relax a little on quality of your posts. One liners are okay (hopefully they are still relevant), but just posting this to indicating you are lurking will always be lame. --> :shady:

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Thanks for having me.

Karl

Hey Guys -

I think this one might be a RUNNER! :runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom