• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Good for him for becoming a site supporter, but he could've got a brand new one for just about the same money when it's all said and done.

Makes me wonder if something is preventing him from going that route. I'm sure some would call me paranoid, but no way would I sell a gun to some guy I know nothing about who just showed up and bought his way into the classifieds.

Yellowshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hey hey hey!
    No back talking! I just want the damn thing lol
    Its NOT A GREAT DEAL! Its just in stock =) several placed online have them for sub 1k... and even with transfer fees i am still right about 1050. I just don't like waiting!
    I cannot wait to start waiting for my Sparrow 22... can't wait

I am here for a little while... So I will try to behave.
    I just think that the 50 count rule is silly... I agree that we need rules, but what does having a 50 count proves? that I can post? PLUS you can skip it if you pay 20 or so dollars!
    I hope you guys see where I am coming from, I am all for rules like HAS to have valid Indy DL, or need Bill of Sale or whatever, but 50 post?

Yellowshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Makes me wonder if something is preventing him from going that route. I'm sure some would call me paranoid, but no way would I sell a gun to some guy I know nothing about who just showed up and bought his way into the classifieds.
    Wow... Seriously? No one has them within 1hr driving...
    PLUS if I was one of those guys would I be looking for a Highpoint? Why spend $1000 on a high end gun?!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    As noted before, the 50 post rule allows people an opportunity to learn about our community and for us to get some kind of idea about you. There are other sites for free firearms listings- Armslist, Hoosier Topics, etc. The difference is that since you never know who is creating listings on those other sites, you can get some real problems with shady characters and dealings. With INGO, you develop a reputation, and that causes most people to behave more responsibly. If you are an a-hole in general, then many people won't want to deal with you. If you buy/sell over time and get good feedback, then people will feel much more comfortable dealing with you.

This topic has been covered a thousand times here, so don't expect it to change. Hopefully, you at least understand it better.

Last edited:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I believe it has to do with commitment & reliability. 50 quality posts indicates a commitment, a monetary payment does as well.

I have done a little selling & buying here, armslist, gunbroker, etc. By far deals on here are much easier.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Nor would I (no offense yellowshoot), but honestly I'll probably never sell another gun again anyway...knock on wood.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    , but what does having a 50 count proves? that I can post? PLUS you can skip it if you pay 20 or so dollars!
    I hope you guys see where I am coming from, I am all for rules like HAS to have valid Indy DL, or need Bill of Sale or whatever, but 50 post?

It let's people get a feel for who you are to a certain extent, but as you said, not so with the $$ to bypass.

However, the purpose for the rule is so that everyone using the classifieds contributes to the forum, either by content posted, or monetarily. Many of us who value INGO for what it is first and foremost, a community of gun owners/enthusiasts, choose to do both.

Yellowshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I believe it has to do with commitment & reliability. 50 quality posts indicates a commitment, a monetary payment does as well.

I have done a little selling & buying here, armslist, gunbroker, etc. By far deals on here are much easier.

No, its fine I understand I am sure there is a reason for all and any rules...
    I just didn't really agree that's all.
    I would like to apologize if I offended or spook you guys, patience is just not my thing, kinda impulse personality.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Wow... Seriously? No one has them within 1hr driving...
    PLUS if I was one of those guys would I be looking for a Highpoint? Why spend $1000 on a high end gun?!

Honestly man, I mean no offense. I hope you do stick around. INGO is a great place and I've met many friends in the real world through here. I'm just not comfortable dealing with anyone until I've had a chance to see what they're all about.

Yellowshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Honestly man, I mean no offense. I hope you do stick around. INGO is a great place and I've met many friends in the real world through here. I'm just not comfortable dealing with anyone until I've had a chance to see what they're all about.
    It's alright, I understand.

Also, how dare you badmouth Hi-Point firearms!!!
    My mistake I meant Cobra... I would be looking for a Cobra =)

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI

This brings up a good point. Avoid dealing with Chezuki. I hear he's part of some team of trench coat wearing members who like to lurk in the shadows, and occasionally swarm and 'expose themselves' en masse. Bad news.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom